The Student Room Group

Film Reviews Thread

Scroll to see replies

OppressedMass
Ok! LEt's jusT Go AlOnG wIth it coz it duznt maTTa! :smile: :P :wink:

yeah innit !!! :smile: :biggrin::suith:
Reply 361
film criticism society might be more apt, but even then, most of the time, views extend about as far as "i really liked this" or "lol scientology" (:wink:), so perhaps film society is the most suitable... whatever, i don't plan on "officially" joining.
film criticism society might be more apt, but even then, most of the time, views extend about as far as "i really liked this" or "lol scientology" (:wink:), so perhaps film society is the most suitable... whatever, i don't plan on "officially" joining.

ooo well stuff you then!! we don't want you here :smile: :smile: :wink:
Reply 363
: D. i didn't mean that i don't want to participate, i dont intend to join any socs.
: D. i didn't mean that i don't want to participate, i dont intend to join any socs.

oh right!

Well i'll probs get slagged off for this, but i just watched the da vinci code, and i thought it was great! The beginning was a little slow, but when they met Teabing, it kicked off, and became interesting- mckellen was particularly good, don't reckon much to Audrey Tautou, she's acts like a piece of wood! Good film on the whole, and i like how they didn't keep you guessing like the book does! I didn't like the flashbacks though, and Ron Howard did put every little piece into the film from the book, which made it kinda boring if you had read the actual book. I would definitely give it 8 out of 10! it was a lot better than i thought it would be, i liked Tom Hanks as well, plus it was a bit of practise for my french exam, what with Jene Reno etc :smile: hope everyone else enjoys it as much as i did!
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind:

Good or bad?

- my opinion I thought it was great.
Element54
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind:

Good or bad?

- my opinion I thought it was great.

It was my film of the year. Great storyline, cleverly acted and the technique is odd but good. I hate Jim carey with a burning passion, but I have to concede he did well in this film. Kate of course fantastic as ever. Not sure the point of Kirsten and Elijah though. To be honest, for the screen time they had the casting director could have launched the career of some unknowns instead.
Lol. :\
Reply 368
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is a great movie! i would like to watch it again :wink:
just watched Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (2005). it had a few really funny scenes. however, don't expect to see anything unusual or innovative.. :rolleyes:
i saw Fast And Furious: Tokyo Drift,and i have to say it's a let down compared to the first two. i would give it a maximum rating of 5.5 out of 10 just because *film spoiler*

Spoiler

.some of the car scenes were nice,but the lead role was rubbish in my opinion (and the person i saw it with as well) so yes,overall, not a great movie. if you want to see it,wait till it's out on dvd.
Reply 370
Ethereal
It was my film of the year. Great storyline, cleverly acted and the technique is odd but good. I hate Jim carey with a burning passion, but I have to concede he did well in this film. Kate of course fantastic as ever. Not sure the point of Kirsten and Elijah though. To be honest, for the screen time they had the casting director could have launched the career of some unknowns instead.

I didn't empathis with jum carey's character much: he is known too well for his other comedy films and his animated face does get to me, but i like the way the story was told, and parts were endearing. alright film overall.

ELO song was cool :biggrin:
Reply 371
just got back from watching hard candy:s:, lol the first proper big people film ive seen in the cinema:biggrin:, hmm it wasnt exactly pleasant:s:
Reply 372
There is now a new form on the first page. :smile: Please fill this out if you wish to write a film review. :smile:
Name of the Film: Fast And Furious: Tokyo Drift

What you liked about the film: Drifting. i think it's an art form on it's own, because it's takes soo much precision and practice and wow! SPOILER coming up!

Spoiler

Some of the car scenes were good also and some of the cast were good also,but not all.

What you disliked about the film: Some of the car scenes were long and boring and seemed to drag on for ages, even my bf who's into martial arts and cars etc felt they were really boring...I also think word had spread round as there were only about 20 people max who'd come to see the movie at that particular time..so rather disappointing. Also the lead character Sean was a let down, he had the air of a farm boy who was way out of his league,and he wasn't even hot :p:

Rating out of 10: 5/10. wait till it comes out on dvd.
Name of the Film: Trainspotting

What you liked about the film: Highly engaging and charismatic performances from the actors, who are some of the absolute best around. Great casting. Books style cleverly adapted for the film.

What you disliked about the film: Could have had slightly more depth and seriousness like the book

Rating out of 10:9

Can I join the society?:p:
Ethereal
Ugh I don't agree.

Charlie Kaufman is the most overrated writer around, all his films replace substance with muddled narrative and characters. That isn't as revelatory as everyone seems to think.

Bah.
naivesincerity
Name of the Film: Trainspotting

What you liked about the film: Highly engaging and charismatic performances from the actors, who are some of the absolute best around. Great casting. Books style cleverly adapted for the film.

What you disliked about the film: Could have had slightly more depth and seriousness like the book

Rating out of 10:9

Can I join the society?:p:

i started to watch Trainspoting but got bored- i'm gonna have to give it another try, it was the dirty toilet that put me off- gross
vin
just got back from watching hard candy:s:, lol the first proper big people film ive seen in the cinema:biggrin:, hmm it wasnt exactly pleasant:s:

is it worth watching?
unfinished sympathy
i started to watch Trainspoting but got bored- i'm gonna have to give it another try, it was the dirty toilet that put me off- gross

Should do, it's something of a classic
naivesincerity
Should do, it's something of a classic

ay i know, i'll have to dust it off!

Quick Reply

Latest