The Student Room Group

Should I hide my true taste in film in order to not raise alarms or anything?

I'm (re)starting college in September, going to be doing a Creative Media Production course since I love film and would like to make films of my own. But my tastes are... dark? I like obscure foreign films about violence and murder and other dark topics that I think might put me on a list (lol) and I should probably not discuss them in a college setting. I'm 19 myself but I think it would be better suited to discussion in university instead. I have to do a summer project where I write a review of my favourite film, but the film I want to choose is a foreign film about a serial killer couple pushing and threatening a guy into becoming a killer too. I spoke to a friend and he said I probably should keep it surface level and not go any darker than something well known like A Clockwork Orange. Do you guys think I should go ahead with my true taste in film or sanitise it? Many thanks.
i mean at least u don't like those sigma films.
Reply 2
personally. u should not
Original post by Effedupmovies
I'm (re)starting college in September, going to be doing a Creative Media Production course since I love film and would like to make films of my own. But my tastes are... dark? I like obscure foreign films about violence and murder and other dark topics that I think might put me on a list (lol) and I should probably not discuss them in a college setting. I'm 19 myself but I think it would be better suited to discussion in university instead. I have to do a summer project where I write a review of my favourite film, but the film I want to choose is a foreign film about a serial killer couple pushing and threatening a guy into becoming a killer too. I spoke to a friend and he said I probably should keep it surface level and not go any darker than something well known like A Clockwork Orange. Do you guys think I should go ahead with my true taste in film or sanitise it? Many thanks.

I would follow your interests personally. (Within what's lega!!) If I were marking I'd be interested in people's eccentric tastes more than everyone doing vanilla films

Quick Reply

Latest