The Student Room Group

Ahmadinejad vs. Paul the Octopus

He claims that the octopus is a symbol of decadence and decay among "his enemies".

Paul, who lives at the Oberhausen Sea Life Centre, in Germany, won the hearts of the Spanish by predicting their World Cup victory.

He became an international star after predicting the outcome of all seven German World Cup matches accurately.

However, the Iranian president accused the octopus of spreading "western propaganda and superstition." Paul was mentioned by Mr Ahmadinejad on various occasions during a speech in Tehran at the weekend.

"Those who believe in this type of thing cannot be the leaders of the global nations that aspire, like Iran, to human perfection, basing themselves in the love of all sacred values," he said.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/7912418/Mahmoud-Ahmadinejad-attacks-Octopus-Paul.html

:teehee: Really? The President of the Islamic Republic having a go at us for stupid superstitious beliefs?
Reply 1
Aha I saw this what a wasteman. That Octopus rules, maybe if bush was still in power it would be a good enough excuse to go to war...
Reply 2
Damn I was hoping this thread would link to a video of a fight.
Reply 3
I suppose to a hardcore Muslim in Iran who knows nothing of the west and all they know is really Islam and their country they would find it strange for us to be almost worshipping a so called psycic Octopus.
Reply 4
I think religious folk like Ahmadinejad, who amongst other things believe in an occulted Imam, aren't really that different from people who believe in a psychic octopus.
Reply 5
Hahahaha Ahmadinejad is the worlds most successful troll.
I'm naming my kid Paul the Octopus.
Reply 7
Cesare Borgia
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/7912418/Mahmoud-Ahmadinejad-attacks-Octopus-Paul.html

:teehee: Really? The President of the Islamic Republic having a go at us for stupid superstitious beliefs?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9evmHpfj1WQ

Replace Hooch with ImADinnerJacket.
Paul the Octopus is clearly a prophet, Ahmadinejad should stfu
paul is a real life prophet
Reply 10
Uber-lol.
How futile.
Reply 12
This is not news worthy.:yawn:
Reply 13
Meanwhile, Armoured-Dinner-Jacket's regime are telling people what to do at the barbers:

Link
It's like a real-life adaptation of
Doofenshmirtz vs. Perry The Platypus
This blasphemy against Paul the Octopus (pbuh) cannot stand!
Reply 16
I don't usually disagree with this guy on his world politics views but he should know that the worst leaders of the most failed global nations are those that governed based on Religion and his country ranks among the most known ones of this category. The world's most destroying decadence is when a Republic chooses to appear the subject "Islamic/Christian/Buddhist/Sikh" before its name. And Iran is an Islamic Republic...Is there actually a worst kind of superstition other than "god-driven" politics? GW Bush invaded a country based on them...

Latest

Trending

Trending