The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

University of Plymouth Marine Biology

Hello,*is*there*anyone*I*can*chat*with*who*is*at*least*3rd*Year*undergraduate*Marine*Biology*at University of Plymouth uk I*would*love*to*gather*an*insight*into*your*experience*so*far*with*Plymouth's marine school. What are the lectures like for marine biology are they passionate?
How*havethey*helped*in*your*years*there*especcially*in*your*dissertation/research*project*year.*Also*is*there*people including lectures*doing*tropical*shark/elasmobranch*research and octopus research or reef research ?*Any*insight*would*be*greatly*appreciated :smile:
Original post by iina2978
Hello,*is*there*anyone*I*can*chat*with*who*is*at*least*3rd*Year*undergraduate*Marine*Biology*at University of Plymouth uk I*would*love*to*gather*an*insight*into*your*experience*so*far*with*Plymouth's marine school. What are the lectures like for marine biology are they passionate?
How*havethey*helped*in*your*years*there*especcially*in*your*dissertation/research*project*year.*Also*is*there*people including lectures*doing*tropical*shark/elasmobranch*research and octopus research or reef research ?*Any*insight*would*be*greatly*appreciated :smile:

Hi there!

I'm a second year Zoology student here at Plymouth so I share some modules with the marine biology courses and have strong interests/involvement with marine conservation and research, whilst most of my friends are marine biologists too 🙂

The lectures are great and really engaging. I like that each lecturer teaches within their specialities so are very knowledgeable in each of their subject areas. There is a good mix of practical work, field work, and lectures to keep the course interesting.

Lecturers are always happy to help support your learning. They answer any questions via email and are happy to meet to help with anything you need/are interested in. I know many people who are planning to help lecturer with their research and have gained experience and opportunities working with them, including in their dissertations.

With regards to tropical shark/elasmobranch research or octopus/reef research, you are free to take the course in whichever direction you're interested in! You can take a placement year to explore these interests, as well as completing your dissertation on one of these topics, depending on the research/specialties of supervisors. You can check out our marine biology staff's interests and work here!

If you have any more questions, please feel free to let me know! 😀

-Alfie, University of Plymouth Undergraduate Rep
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending