The Student Room Group

Rowing Chat

Scroll to see replies

Reply 620
Tabris

Also found out that the our Temple 8 were body doubles for the dutch national eight in The Social Network. Only just tagged as to why they had pics wearing dutch lycra when I watched the movie last night.

You just found this out? Ha!

My ex is coxing them so she's loving being in a big Hollywood movie! It's pretty cool actually :smile: Though you can't tell it's them of course....I'm saying I'm in it too as I'm on the bank :biggrin: ha

To put in my "what I'm doing now" with rowing - not joined a club properly yet but arranged to borrow a single from Bristol Ariel for their head race on Saturday yay :smile:
Reply 621
dobbs
You just found this out? Ha!

My ex is coxing them so she's loving being in a big Hollywood movie! It's pretty cool actually :smile: Though you can't tell it's them of course....I'm saying I'm in it too as I'm on the bank :biggrin: ha

To put in my "what I'm doing now" with rowing - not joined a club properly yet but arranged to borrow a single from Bristol Ariel for their head race on Saturday yay :smile:

Yeah, it's quite embarrassing haha

I'd gone incognito with the boat club over summer, and after a certain time, it'd gone past the point of asking about it.

Then it clicked.
(edited 13 years ago)
subs :ninja:

New to rowing, been on four outings so far and it has been awesome :biggrin:
Reply 623
Tabris

Also found out that the our Temple 8 were body doubles for the dutch national eight in The Social Network. Only just tagged as to why they had pics wearing dutch lycra when I watched the movie last night.

My coach is at bow in the boat that Take That are racing against in their video for 'The Flood'. He was telling us about how they filmed it, it sounds ridiculous. All the slow-mo footage is at the actual speed they were rowing - they had to do a start at 12spm!

Reply 624
Rowing for uni for the first time in 7 months.

A bit nervous since the standard this year is so high. I'm sure I'll catch up soon enough though.
Reply 625
PurpleO
My coach is at bow in the boat that Take That are racing against in their video for 'The Flood'. He was telling us about how they filmed it, it sounds ridiculous. All the slow-mo footage is at the actual speed they were rowing - they had to do a start at 12spm!

Ugh that video annoys me!! With all of their money they could have at least made it look half decent....and makes it even worse that you say they did it that slow!
That Take That video is ****...

I need to do an erg, but I'm really ill.
Reply 627
2k test this weekend.

YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

I hate life.

Still doing night time rowing at Tyne. My sculling is really getting along too.
(edited 13 years ago)

Might go down to Karapiro next week. Barely even seen a boat since Eights in 09. The Waikato has blood good rowing, keep meaning to go down for a look see, but so unfit at the moment. Maybe the World's wll inspire me :p:
Reply 629
Original post by El Stevo

Original post by El Stevo
Might go down to Karapiro next week. Barely even seen a boat since Eights in 09. The Waikato has blood good rowing, keep meaning to go down for a look see, but so unfit at the moment. Maybe the World's wll inspire me :p:

You in NZ?
Original post by Tabris
You in NZ?

Yeah, moved out after Uni.
Reply 631
Buggered up the 2k.

Was set for around 6:50, last 500 went awry and finished on 7:08.
row row row row. Anyone doing 4s head?
someone suggest an average split for 20min@r18? have made a total improvement of 0.3 seconds over 3 weeks ugughghg. i probably just need to man up.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 634
Original post by McFearless

100% week is killing me.

Got 14 x 1500m tonight...

I hate life
Reply 635
Original post by Tabris
100% week is killing me.

I hate life

FOURTEEN times 1500m? :lolwut:

Bloody hell :p:.
Reply 636
I'm dying.

Probs burned about 2000kcal today between the biking in the morning and the 1.5ks, at the very least.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Tabris
100% week is killing me.

I hate life

Is that all out!? Thats mental.
Reply 638
Original post by partoftheweekend

Is that all out!? Thats mental.

Max effort, rates 22 and 26 alternating.

I basically dropped the ball around number 9 and my splits went right up. It was awful.
Reply 639
row row row row. Anyone doing 4s head?

Yep! I decided to do Bristol Ariel Head in a single last week just to keep my motivation up for exercising, and won the IM3 event ha.

Someone saw me and asked if I would race in their 4+ at Fours Head for Bristol Ariel. So I said yeah why not.

See how it goes anyway!

Quick Reply

Latest