The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Surrey university for finance and/or economics

Just wondering about the pro,s and cons of Surrey for a finance and /or economics degree.

Thankyou
Hi @lindseywalsh

Thank you for considering applying to Surrey. Have you had a chance to view some of our courses in finance/economics? It is quite a large sector with many different aspects. I study Accounting and Finance at the Surrey Business School; in accountancy, there are many lines of service such as Tax, Audit, Consultancy, and much more.

All our courses list the individual taught modules. You can find a list of courses here.
I highly recommend reading the modules to see if the content interests you. For instance, here is a module taught in Economics and Finance Year 1: ECONOMIC DATA ANALYSIS - 2025/6 - University of Surrey.
You can also chat with one of our current students here.

At Surrey, we are recognised for our outstanding placement services at the National Undergraduate Employability Awards. We won ‘Best Careers/Employability’ 3 years in a row. We have a fantastic employability and careers team with over 2300 partnered employers, both locally and internationally. Our careers team provides tailored support to your professional development, including tailored support in CVs, Cover Letters, LinkedIn, mock interviews and much more. Developing your employability is inescapable during your time at Surrey; for instance, in your first and second year in Economics and Finance, you will engage in a compulsory ‘Employability’ module found here. Because of the attributes above, over 95% of our graduates are in employment or further education.

We are a 35-minute train journey from London, with the train station just a 10-minute walk from our main campus. Should you choose to firm Surrey as your choice, you are guaranteed accommodation in your first year. We have over 6000 rooms across three campuses. You can view some of our accommodations virtually here: Accommodation Tour (360marketinglab.org.uk) and find out more on our website: Overview of accommodation | University of Surrey

We have several open days coming up soon. I highly recommend coming to visit the campus. You can find out more about these here.

I hope that helps. Please do let me know if you have any further questions.

All the best,
Daniel
BSc Accounting and Finance
University of Surrey
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Thankyou Daniel

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending