The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Life is what you make of it.
Yeah, it is a little bit. I'm going to take a wild guess and say that you... American? Having lived both in the US and the UK, for me personally, the UK has nothing on the US.
It won't be boring if you're staying in the city unless you make it boring for yourself. :smile:
Reply 43
Original post by Retrospect
Yeah, it is a little bit. I'm going to take a wild guess and say that you... American? Having lived both in the US and the UK, for me personally, the UK has nothing on the US.

Depends where in the US you lived tbh.
NC isn't better then here imo.
It won't be boring if you find something to do when you get there.
Like what others said, it's gonna be boring, if you're boring.
Original post by Greenlaner
No.
No.
No.
No.

are you dumb? some high end shops in central london close at 5pm. but tramps like you wouldnt know. get the **** out.
Reply 46
Firstly your post sounds as if you are putting the UK on trial and considering you are on a website in the UK is not a good idea.

Secondly, decolonisation was a rushed process that was badly managed, I grant you that. But considering none of us were born at that time I fail to see how we can recify that problem without some kind of time machine.

Thirdly, don't you think you would get this sort of response which ever country you posted it in? I cannot imagine for example the French or the Russians would be thrilled.

Lastly, we have to be proud of our country. It is the only one we have. We do not like to see Britain being run down in the way that you have done here. If you are uncomfortable with the UK that is perfectly fine, but remember - nobody has compelled you to come here.
Reply 47
Original post by RUDEBOYBETTERKNOW
are you dumb? some high end shops in central london close at 5pm. but tramps like you wouldnt know. get the **** out.

the question that was asked was - are ALL the shops closed at 5pm?
he answered no, so not all the shops are closed at 5pm, as you've rightly noticed. so why being rude?
Reply 48
Fail
Reply 49
Original post by lukejoshjedi
and everyone drinks tea, plays croquet, salutes the Queen and country daily at 5pm and has a personal butler called Jools, some people have one called Alfred

And all the butlers resemble Michael Caine? Right. I knew it.
Reply 50
Life's as boring as you make it.
Based on your apparent opinions of the UK, you aren't gonna have fun, especially if you believe everything your relatives tell you and accuse us all of being racist.

But, I love it here. Plenty of shops are open to 6-or-later, and who wants to go shopping in the middle of the night anyway?

And did you really think they'd just lock people in their accommodation during the week? That would be a fairly serious fire hazard - and one thing you do need to know about the UK is that we love our health and safety regs.
Original post by Luceria
And all the butlers resemble Michael Caine? Right. I knew it.

Michael Caine circa the 1970s, yes
Original post by No Man
Depends where in the US you lived tbh.
NC isn't better then here imo.

Fair point.

I've not seen NC personally but I hear it's beautiful, so at least you've got a nice bit of scenery. :dontknow: (:tongue:)
Reply 53
The UK is a sh$tty and overrated country.
Reply 54
1) Do all the shops really close at 5pm?
Nope.

2) Are the students really normally confined to their dorms, or campuses on weekdays?
Nope.

3) Are all the international students really like over-the-top nerds who mug almost 24/7?
Nope.

4) Is life really going to be as boring and bland as a cup of water?
It'll only be boring and bland if you are :^_^:
Reply 55
Meh, it's alright. The UK is not really my type of country, I much preferred the time I spent in Netherlands. If you're a party-goer, get-drunk pub type of person you should have a blast.
Reply 56
Everyone drinks tea at high noon, with afternoon tea promptly at 3pm sharp, woe betide jeeves if he spills any on the porcalian china and white linen tablecloth. We all have in our gardens a massive statue of the queen and a british flag which we salute every evening at 8pm on the dot (British efficiency). On Sundays or special occasions often people get invited to chin wags at the palace with Her Majesty herself and everyones had scones/crumpets and biscuits with her in her living room at least once. We all play croquet, golf or polo because we are all very upper class and posh us British people and we all have a very funny award winning British Sense of humour that is as dry as a desert. Also we all own massive 4x4s and drive about our massive countryside estates with all our ponies and horses. So, all in all, life in the UK is as fanastic as it gets! Oh yes we all listen to classical music and most of us own at least a harp and a piano for Chopin and Mozart recitals which are drilled into British children from birth!

Why the neg rep?????
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 57
Original post by TWF
Meh, it's alright. The UK is not really my type of country, I much preferred the time I spent in Netherlands. If you're a party-goer, get-drunk pub type of person you should have a blast.

who wouldn't prefer the Netherlands???? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by JAZZA007
Everyone drinks tea at high noon, with afternoon tea promptly at 3pm sharp, woe betide jeeves if he spills any on the porcalian china and white linen tablecloth. We all have in our gardens a massive statue of the queen and a british flag which we salute every evening at 8pm on the dot (British efficiency). On Sundays or special occasions often people get invited to chin wags at the palace with Her Majesty herself and everyones had scones/crumpets and biscuits with her in her living room at least once. We all play croquet, golf or polo because we are all very upper class and posh us British people and we all have a very funny award winning British Sense of humour that is as dry as a desert. Also we all own massive 4x4s and drive about our massive countryside estates with all our ponies and horses. So, all in all, life in the UK is as fanastic as it gets! Oh yes we all listen to classical music and most of us own at least a harp and a piano for Chopin and Mozart recitals which are drilled into British children from birth!

This was a nice one, lol. Repped ! :biggrin:
If you think shopping at 11pm is fun, there's something seriously wrong. :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending