The Student Room Group

Pharmacy or Accounting or Cyber Security???

I’m interested in all these careers and degrees and i don’t know which one to do and interests me as all of these jobs and careers I am passionate about but which is the best and why for now and long term I am talking in uk and can have great pay which is worth for what you do day to day and is not boring for what you do and is great for flexibility and work life balance and has potential for remote and six figures faster then like medicine graduates as top unis like Oxford and Cambridge etc and name job in each major and what a levels recommend if don’t wanna do maths further statistics computer science and physics wanna do ones get top grades thinking of bio chem which help for cyber and pharmacy and either econ or business for accounting and want more of the stem one so better chances getting in either degree???
Reply 1
Original post by aryc_30
I’m interested in all these careers and degrees and i don’t know which one to do and interests me as all of these jobs and careers I am passionate about but which is the best and why for now and long term I am talking in uk and can have great pay which is worth for what you do day to day and is not boring for what you do and is great for flexibility and work life balance and has potential for remote and six figures faster then like medicine graduates as top unis like Oxford and Cambridge etc and name job in each major and what a levels recommend if don’t wanna do maths further statistics computer science and physics wanna do ones get top grades thinking of bio chem which help for cyber and pharmacy and either econ or business for accounting and want more of the stem one so better chances getting in either degree???

So you need some work experience. Pharmacy and Accounting should be easy. Just pop into your local pharmacist / accountancy firm and ask if you can pop in for a couple of days and then ask what the job is like and what you do.

Cyber is a bit of a strange one. I think a lot of people think of it as like working in a darkened room surrounded by computers as you fight off abstract enemy intruders. The reality is that it is a very people oriented job requiring problem solving and diplomatic skills. Most successful cyber attacks occur when people do the wrong thing so being in cyber is about arming the ordinary workers with the skills and knowledge to not be caught out.
Reply 2
Original post by hotpud
So you need some work experience. Pharmacy and Accounting should be easy. Just pop into your local pharmacist / accountancy firm and ask if you can pop in for a couple of days and then ask what the job is like and what you do.

Cyber is a bit of a strange one. I think a lot of people think of it as like working in a darkened room surrounded by computers as you fight off abstract enemy intruders. The reality is that it is a very people oriented job requiring problem solving and diplomatic skills. Most successful cyber attacks occur when people do the wrong thing so being in cyber is about arming the ordinary workers with the skills and knowledge to not be caught out.

Tbf I am not interested in accounting or pharmacy and interested in either this or finance I just want money but not work too much and do to much things???
Reply 3
Original post by aryc_30
Tbf I am not interested in accounting or pharmacy and interested in either this or finance I just want money but not work too much and do to much things???

So what you are saying is that you want all the trappings of wealth without earning it.

Good luck with that one.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending