The Student Room Group

Which era would you like to live in?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by cloop
I was discussing this with my housemates last night.. Interesting to hear everyone's preference!

So there we go, the question is simple; if you could have the choice, which era would you want to live in, and why?

I would LOVE to have been around in Tudor times.. Completely fascinated by it! (My friends think that's mental; They all said the 50s or 60s!)

Napoleonic era. I would love to be a colonel of the foot in the C18th! :smile:
Reply 41
Definitely the Victorian era, since it produced some of my favourite literature.
And I have a bit of an addiction to corsets :wink:

I wouldn't have minded living through the 70's either though! Missed out on a lot of fun by being a 90's child...
JAZZ AGE!!!

late 50's... Miles Davis, Coltrane, The Bird, Duke. What the **** could be better!!

I'd be in a Harlem jazz club drinking whiskey, smoking a joint, and listening to some smooth MD...
Reply 43
oh yes the Tudors would be fascinating!!:grin: I also wouldn't mind living in the 1920s
Either Ancient Rome (bless those men in gladiator armor... yum!) or in the time of the Vikings. Anything in the BC's, really, when life was so different yet enchanting to us today.
The era when Vikings first came over, and i'd like to be a Viking :teeth:
Um the 50s. People seemed to meet, get married, have babies and live happy ever after.

That doesn't happen these days. Nobody seems to say together anymore, and the whole institution of marriage is given up way too easily. Tis sad.
Reply 47
deffinatly the state of nature (before civilisation) being a caveman must rocked,
Original post by CookieDoughLove
Um the 50s. People seemed to meet, get married, have babies and live happy ever after.

That doesn't happen these days. Nobody seems to say together anymore, and the whole institution of marriage is given up way too easily. Tis sad.

amen to that, my dad's parents will be celebrating their 58th wedding anniversary this year

as for my parents... they split up when i was 6 :frown:
Original post by Mr. Orange
amen to that, my dad's parents will be celebrating their 58th wedding anniversary this year

as for my parents... they split up when i was 6 :frown:

Yeah my parents split when I was 3/4.

My Dads parents were celebrating their almost 50th I think (my Grandad died fairly young).

58 years, wow, good on them!
Reply 50
Islamic Golden Age, between 7th and the 13th century.
Original post by EcstaticMuse
Either Ancient Rome (bless those men in gladiator armor... yum!) or in the time of the Vikings. Anything in the BC's, really, when life was so different yet enchanting to us today.

Just move to Africa.
The 1950s. Great music. Great fashion.
Reply 53
Original post by CB91
You've been playing Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood right? :teehee:

Good thinking but no actually- I've never played the series. Just the general idea of living during the renaissance in the country in which it originated. But, come to think of it, America in the 19th century would be nice.
Reply 54
UC 0079.
My first thought was the Victorian era,as it has always fascinated me,from reading Oliver Twist to going to museums,but I dont think it was a great era to be a woman then,not one of the worst,but hardly the best either..so probably the forties.
The 60s so I could be a hippy, experiment with drugs and have casual sex with various partners. :tongue:
Or maybe the early-mid 90s, I like most of the music from that era. Not like now when music is ****. I was born in 1992 so I'm not old enough to remember any of it. :mad:
Reply 57
renesance italy :biggrin: i think its amazing as long as you were rich :smile:
Original post by Krov
Middle ages.
Crusades, wars. Damn, good era to be a man, for sure.

Exactly this. Obviously fighting for a just cause though..
Reply 59
1640 North India.

A time of pride and glory. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending