The Student Room Group
I vote for Ancient Rome. I regard this era as the cradle of our modern civilisation in Europe.

@Mesopotamian… Maybe you like to be here too...
Middle Ages, no question.
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
Middle Ages, no question.

But I have a question: why? I see hardly things they can be liked. Too bad connections with that era.
Original post by Kallisto
But I have a question: why? I see hardly things they can be liked. Too bad connections with that era.

Loads of things: knights, kings, queens, battles, castles, palaces, the clothes, the music, illuminated manuscripts, Gothic cathedrals, tapestries and so much more! Simply gorgeous!
Loads of things: knights, kings, queens, battles, castles, palaces, the clothes, the music, illuminated manuscripts, Gothic cathedrals, tapestries and so much more! Simply gorgeous!

And what is about the scholasticism? that doctrines are just accepted by the church the popes think they are irrefutable? and don't forget the inquisition for all the people they were charged, just because they dared to have another points and views on dogmas and religion... that is my main issue I have with that period. Would you really wants to live in that time, despite this fact?
And what is about the scholasticism? that doctrines are just accepted by the church the popes think they are irrefutable? and don't forget the inquisition for all the people they were charged, just because they dared to have another points and views on dogmas and religion... that is my main issue I have with that period. Would you really wants to live in that time, despite this fact?

There are horrible aspects literally to every single era. I see you voted Ancient Rome, you don’t think there was obscene corruption and dictatorships by the emperors back then? And almost half of all Roman emperors were assassinated, that’s crazy!! Roman high society was one of the most brutal and murderous tbh. Yes, I would like to live in the Middle Ages but not as a peasant working the land, I’d want a comfortable, luxurious life as a royal or aristocrat.
(edited 9 months ago)
There are horrible aspects literally to every single era. I see you voted Ancient Rome, you don’t think there was obscene corruption and dictatorships by the emperors back then? And almost half of all Roman emperors were assassinated, that’s crazy!! Roman high society was one of the most brutal and murderous tbh. Yes, I would like to live in the Middle Ages but not as a peasant working the land, I’d want a comfortable, luxurious life as a royal or aristocrat.

The struggles with the optimates and populares, Sulla's chase of public enemies, the murder of Tiberius Gracchus after the tried to help the peasants to keep their lands by an agrarian law, Nero's attack on Jew's, the Christians who were sent to death in the arena, because they refused to worship the emperor as a god, the bloody and brutal games in arena as such... just to name but a few. I know about these things and many more in that era. But their contributions in Europe and even in parts of Africa and Arabia were enormous.

Would you like to live in the Middle Age era too, even if you can't choice your life as you please?
I voted Ancient Rome for the same reason as Kallisto.
The struggles with the optimates and populares, Sulla's chase of public enemies, the murder of Tiberius Gracchus after the tried to help the peasants to keep their lands by an agrarian law, Nero's attack on Jew's, the Christians who were sent to death in the arena, because they refused to worship the emperor as a god, the bloody and brutal games in arena as such... just to name but a few. I know about these things and many more in that era. But their contributions in Europe and even in parts of Africa and Arabia were enormous.

Would you like to live in the Middle Age era too, even if you can't choice your life as you please?

I wouldn’t like to live in any era if there’s no choice involved.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending