The Student Room Group

Did someone say: "FP1 Revision Notes?"?

Poll

Did these notes help you?

Anyone who's taking the FP1 exam in January next year (or June, either way) will have probably have started looking for revision materials. If you're like me, you wouldn't have come across many on the internet that are understandable. So, i've decided to upload my own, for you TSR Mathematicians!

I hope you use them, and get top marks in the exam next year! If they were of some positive use to you, i'd greatly appreciate +Rep for the hard work and effort taken to compile them.

Also, the document is password protected. Because i'm not perfect, I may have made some mistakes. If I get a large number of people requesting the password to edit the document to make corrections, I will release it on this thread!

Thanks! :smile:

Password: tsrmaths
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1
You utter rep whore :biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by i.am.lost
You utter rep whore :biggrin:

I do it for attention. It makes me feel good.
Reply 3
Original post by Ian.
Anyone who's taking the FP1 exam in January next year (or June, either way) will have probably have started looking for revision materials. If you're like me, you wouldn't have come across many on the internet that are understandable. So, i've decided to upload my own, for you TSR Mathematicians!

I hope you use them, and get top marks in the exam next year! If they were of some positive use to you, i'd greatly appreciate +Rep for the hard work and effort taken to compile them.

Also, the document is password protected. Because i'm not perfect, I may have made some mistakes. If I get a large number of people requesting the password to edit the document to make corrections, I will release it on this thread!

Thanks! And don't forget to +Rep me :smile:

thank you thank you thank you.

very useful piece of documentation!
Reply 4
Original post by ilyking
thank you thank you thank you.

very useful piece of documentation!

Glad someone appreciates it! :tongue:
looks good, i'd save it as a .pdf though this way people won't encounter any issues on different platforms
Original post by Ian.
Glad someone appreciates it! :tongue:

I always like the tips (examiner comments i call them) in those bubbles.Nevertheless , you sure have time to spare:congrats:
Reply 7
Original post by Ian.

thanks mate, these should come in handy over christmass :biggrin:

btw what spec are these written for? (im on edexcel new spec)
Original post by Ian.

Heya, your formula for the inverse of a 2x2 matrix is wrong on these - the inverse of the matrix

(abcd)\begin{pmatrix} a & b \\c & d \end{pmatrix}

should be

1adbc(dbca) \dfrac{1}{ad-bc}\begin{pmatrix} d & -b \\ -c & a \end{pmatrix}

Thanks though - awesome notes!

Oh - and the exam board for these is OCR MEI.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Ian.
Snippy snip snip..

I could have your babies :biggrin: Thanks!

Also, I've just signed up so I'm assuming the 'thumps up' icon is the rep thing?
Reply 10
Original post by Schteve
I could have your babies :biggrin: Thanks!

Also, I've just signed up so I'm assuming the 'thumps up' icon is the rep thing?

Ahaha, thanks!

I think you click on my name, then click "Give Rep" on my profile :smile:
good job :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by didgeridoo12uk
looks good, i'd save it as a .pdf though this way people won't encounter any issues on different platforms

cool bro

Quick Reply

Latest