chemistry: 7
physics: 7

maths: 7-
english lang : 7
english lit: 9

business : 6
geography: 5
media studies : 9

Please write down if it is realistic that I can get all 9s in the end of GCSES and also please write down if you have any tips for any subjects that can help me achieve the 9 (even the subjects where I got a 9 in) (Any tips appreciated)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PenguinLover560
biology: 8
Please write down if it is realistic that I can get all 9s in the end of GCSES and also please write down if you have any tips for any subjects that can help me achieve the 9 (even the subjects where I got a 9 in) (Any tips appreciated)

hi,
You can defo grow some of your 7s into 9s ONLY if you put the effort in now, your geo and Business may not be as likely to get 9s but you can defo boost them up a bit.
I posted this for someone else asking for gcse tips so I'll paste it here too

the method i swear by that got me a grade 9 in bio and physics and one mark off a nine in chem was i would buy the REVISION guide version of the KERBOODLE textbook not the waffley cgp book. i would go through the book from the start and i'd have a pile of scrap paper with me. basically what i would do is id make the most concise notes i possible could but including all the key info on each page, i'd do it very scruffily because i wouldn't use these notes to revise from again, it's mainly the actual writing process that benefits you. the aim was to get an entire topic on one page, ignore the lines on lined paper trust me it works so much better when you pay less focus on the neatness of it and more on fitting it all on the page. i would do like the whole of B1 on one page but its okay if it went onto another its no biggie. for gcse my revision was 85% understanding the content and rewriting notes or model answers in bullet points. it honestly depends on the person about how many practice qs you do, for most people it is very important to do loads but for me after i used this method i barely did any, i would skim through a few past papers in 1 hr the day before the exam roughly. obviously don't do this if it genuinely doesn't work for you because every person has a different revision language but definitely do try it - a girl who i mentor at school in geography did this method and went from a grade 3/4 to a grade 7/8 in like 2 months. hope this helps :smile:

you can also use seneca its very helpful
Original post by user1234512345
hi,
You can defo grow some of your 7s into 9s ONLY if you put the effort in now, your geo and Business may not be as likely to get 9s but you can defo boost them up a bit.
I posted this for someone else asking for gcse tips so I'll paste it here too
the method i swear by that got me a grade 9 in bio and physics and one mark off a nine in chem was i would buy the REVISION guide version of the KERBOODLE textbook not the waffley cgp book. i would go through the book from the start and i'd have a pile of scrap paper with me. basically what i would do is id make the most concise notes i possible could but including all the key info on each page, i'd do it very scruffily because i wouldn't use these notes to revise from again, it's mainly the actual writing process that benefits you. the aim was to get an entire topic on one page, ignore the lines on lined paper trust me it works so much better when you pay less focus on the neatness of it and more on fitting it all on the page. i would do like the whole of B1 on one page but its okay if it went onto another its no biggie. for gcse my revision was 85% understanding the content and rewriting notes or model answers in bullet points. it honestly depends on the person about how many practice qs you do, for most people it is very important to do loads but for me after i used this method i barely did any, i would skim through a few past papers in 1 hr the day before the exam roughly. obviously don't do this if it genuinely doesn't work for you because every person has a different revision language but definitely do try it - a girl who i mentor at school in geography did this method and went from a grade 3/4 to a grade 7/8 in like 2 months. hope this helps :smile:

do you think its possible if i put in a lot of effort to turn a 6 into an 8/9?
Original post by niqabiforever21

i went from 4+ in english literature in december (3 - 4ish months ago) to a 9 in my most recent mocks (the one i just wrote) so it is 100% possible to go from a 6 to 9 , but put in the effort
Original post by niqabiforever21

thas what i wanna know im stressing sm and we have our irst exm on 9 may
i went from 4+ in english literature in december (3 - 4ish months ago) to a 9 in my most recent mocks (the one i just wrote) so it is 100% possible to go from a 6 to 9 , but put in the effort

how do u do that for science im stressing so much over it and i have no clue what im doing wheni want to revise it anzeity hits and i cant focus

how do u do that for science im stressing so much over it and i have no clue what im doing when i want to revise it anxiety hits and i cant focus
Original post by sagaladam
how do u do that for science im stressing so much over it and i have no clue what im doing when i want to revise it anxiety hits and i cant focus
learn content first by watching cognito videos, then make some notes (keep short) and then answer exam questions on pmt
this is the simplest way and there are extra things you can do but generally this is the main process

do you have any English lit tips!!

Pls help how did you do that, im struggling so much with literature
I have a really good english teacher so it will be kind of hard to give tips but:

know a very good structure for all essays (e.g your thesis)

make sure you know at least 3 quotes for each character , 2 preferable (1 quote to show the start of your character, 1 quote to show the progression of your character, and 1 quote to show the ending / how your character has transformed)

use lots of good and specific vocabulary eg for macbeth: hubris, hamartia, anagorisis, nemesis, denouement, outset,

and finally:

practice lots of essays, you dont necessary need to get them marked but getting them marked will be helpful

I have a really good english teacher so it will be kind of hard to give tips but:

know a very good structure for all essays (e.g your thesis)

make sure you know at least 3 quotes for each character , 2 preferable (1 quote to show the start of your character, 1 quote to show the progression of your character, and 1 quote to show the ending / how your character has transformed)

use lots of good and specific vocabulary eg for macbeth: hubris, hamartia, anagorisis, nemesis, denouement, outset,

and finally:

practice lots of essays, you dont necessary need to get them marked but getting them marked will be helpful

of course it’s possible!!! u just need to put the effort in 🥰 im also a gcse student who has received her grades so i hope we can help each other

can you tell me the boards so i can help??
Original post by samiabuvla

if you won’t reply than here’s my advice:
-biology/chemistry-> use the specification it’s your best source of help as it gives you some answers you have questions for and tbh i feel like these are hard to revise for bc each revision source misses out important details and CGP babies it so id recommend freesciencelessons and the textbook
-physics I CANNOT SAY THIS CLEARER past papers!! they always repeat the questions for physics so you’re guaranteed to get sufficient marks and also do what i mentioned for bio and chem
-geography is just a matter of understanding the structure and your key words like evaluate,to what extent but more importantly it’s just the content you need to know which Ik is a lot but u need to know it clearly otherwise it’s no use
-maths is doing past papers and the questions you struggle with find the topic on cognito and than search up on youtube the topic name and mathsgenie HE HELPS SM

I can’t really help with anything else as i suck at english and don’t do media or business but i hope this helps u get those 9s!!!! Good luck for GCSES🥰
Original post by Amanda164
do you have any English lit tips!!

mr salles and mr everything english combined with model essays as those have the best analysis

past papers and go over notes and u will be fine and u still have time xxxx
Could you pls send any of ur eng lit essays pls
Original post by samiabuvla

Sorry for replying late! My exam board for science and maths is edexcel, and for geography it is Edexcel B. Thanks for the tips tho, Ill be using them :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest