The Student Room Group

Who was the most evil woman in history?

Scroll to see replies

Mate, it's definitely Thatcher because although I don't actually know anything about her I do know she's Tory scum and ruined this country in many incredibly evil yet unspecified ways.
My mates ex girlfriend seriously she hated me and my mates twin.
Reply 102
Original post by Cynthi007
doing what she had to do to protect the country? well, it was not necessary to send somebody to strip the Catholics off their lands and rights in their territory of Ulster. The Irish did never claimed English territory as their territory. There was enough space available in England at this time.

I would switching sides call betrayal concerning her confession I mean.

Concerning the Earl she sent; well, she was the one who had sent him. The consequences were obvious. It was her order and if she did not want it that way, she should better have sent somebody else. In that case she was a bit naive or silly. I don´t know. But the way of doing it does not change the fact that it had been done as she wanted it to be.

she only persecuted them after..... Whaaaaaat???? Justification for a bit of persecution is ok? I would doubt that. :confused:

She did a lot of positive things but she was nearly a female version of her father, maybe a bit softer but as cruel as him. She supported theatre, made England a naval power, supported trade ..... and a lot more.
I think she also supported piracy to enrich the English wealth. Not that nice I would
say.
:tongue:
And to me it does not matter if she imprisoned her cousin or sister. She did it. That was the case. An alliance would have been a better way. Her ministers told her??? That is no excuse. Appears like Nazis only did cruel things because they were told so and had to obbey rules. Concerning the idea of blaming misters for what went wrong reminds me of Napoleon. He did the same. Waterloo was not his fault but the fault of a minister. kidnapping the Pope was the same thing. :smile:

I disagree. Yes, she certainly was her father's daughter, but Henry was responsible for 70,000 deaths during his reign, whereas there were 700 in Elizabeth's who was around a lot longer. I can understand that some things that occurred in her reign were unsavoury, but that was the nature of those times. Desperate times call for desperate measures. I think the definition of evil is important here. Evil, in my eyes, is causing unnecessary harm upon innocent people - Hitler. Elizabeth did what she had to for the greater good.
Maybe Queen Mary I - burning over three hundred people at the stake during a three year reign seems a little...excessive.
Ali?
Original post by llpokermuffinll
Elizabeth Bathory

at least according to this website

http://listverse.com/2007/09/09/top-10-most-evil-women/

Yep, that list seems pretty conclusive. the only think i will disagree with is Elizabeth I being on par with her half sister Mary. During mary's 8 year reign she beheaded more the 200 people, in Elizabeths 25 year reign she beheaded only 4.
Reply 106
The awkwardness when Margaret Thatcher asks who the most evil woman in history is...
Reply 107
Original post by hippieglitter
Yep, that list seems pretty conclusive. the only think i will disagree with is Elizabeth I being on par with her half sister Mary. During mary's 8 year reign she beheaded more the 200 people, in Elizabeths 25 year reign she beheaded only 4.

And burnt 300! There's something about burning people alive I can never forgive. Beheading I can bear, but when we watched 'Elizabeth' in our history class, I just couldn't watch the beginning. Btw, Elizabeth was actually on the throne for 45 years.
Sarah Palin *shudders*
Benazir Bhutto
Original post by karateworm
My ex girl friend. No doubt. :ahee:

I will second that.....well not you're ex :biggrin: but mine :wink:
Reply 111
Magda Goebbels
Reply 112
Original post by Left Hand Drive
Ali?

Why thankyou, however, I think there are many more women than me who truly deserve this title. :wink:
Reply 113
Justin Bieber.
Bloody Mary
Original post by .Ali.
Why thankyou, however, I think there are many more women than me who truly deserve this title. :wink:

:O You got negged for that!!! If only you were not so right wing you'd be nice I guess:P
Reply 116
Original post by Left Hand Drive
:O You got negged for that!!! If only you were not so right wing you'd be nice I guess:P

Lmao why'd I get negged for that?! :tongue: Nothing wrong with a bit of right-wingness. :wink:
Reply 117
Original post by TheRevolution
Benazir Bhutto

interesting choice..... for what reason?
Reply 118
Original post by channy
No one has seen One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest?

Yep, I liked your first post. :biggrin:
She's a bitch. :angry:
Reply 119
Elizabeth Bathory gets my vote.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending