The Student Room Group

Who was the most evil woman in history?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by marcusfox
Look you lot, there is no doubt that Margaret will get her state funeral because all those in the Midlands and the South East, that kept voting her back in, absolutely loved her.

Those that hate her are just a minority of northern Communists, stuck in the past, the same as all their industries were after Labour had nationalised them all.

It was all that nationalisation that left them screwed, not Thatcher, she just turned off the gravy train because there was no money left after Old Labour had pissed it all up the wall (sound familiar?).

But make no mistake, those industries were basket cases way beyond repair.

Example, look at British Leyland - a complete joke and a national embarrassment so bad they can still make jokes about the Marina on Top Gear, and get away with it to this day.

Northern communists? She shattered the North, Labour didn't close industries, she did. If Labour was in power they would have continued and at least people would have had wages.

They were not "beyond repair", you moronic dick. The car industry wasn't the core industry. I think there's one you remember but won't talk about..
Mary, Queen of Scots. Better referred to as "Scary Mary"

edit: Sorry, "bloody Mary" not "scary Mary"
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by FaraxZeroIncome
Northern communists? She shattered the North, Labour didn't close industries, she did. If Labour was in power they would have continued and at least people would have had wages.

They were not "beyond repair", you moronic dick. The car industry wasn't the core industry. I think there's one you remember but won't talk about..

Labour are rubbing their hands with glee because they've left the Conservatives in a position to take the stick for all the cuts, in spite of Darling saying the cuts would have to be worse than under Thatcher and the worst in sixty years.

However, Labour are now in the comfort zone of opposition knowing that anything they have to say will not be put to the test. Being in opposition allows parties, should they wish to do so, to try and take the electorate for fools, just like they did the last time the country ran out of money when they were in charge.

When Thatcher got in, the NCB was losing millions at the time, so were most of the other nationalised industries, and the country had finally run out of money with which to subsidise them.

Oh yes, that was what you were thinking of - coal mining.

So upset by the whole deal are those people from ex coal mining towns such as New Ollerton (where I used to live by the way) and Clipstone in north Nottinghamshire, that they have just voted in a Conservative MP - Sherwood, the constituency in question was Labour since 1992 - perhaps they were fed up with Labour doing sod all there for the past 13 years.

Just FYI, Labour are not averse to contentious industry practices of their own - all you need to do is look at what's happened at Redcar Steel just recently, and I think if you check, Clipstone pit closed in 2003.

The Tories were honest, they knew nothing about building ships, building cars, or mining coal and didn’t feel it was their job to do so, even if the country could have afforded it (which it couldn't). So, they cut those uneconomic industries free to sink or swim. They sank, of course, because being nationalised there was absolutely no chance they would ever learn to swim.

Then they invited private (mostly foreign) investors who did know what they were doing to pick over the bones. The case for coal was pretty hopeless but for many other industries, the car industry for example, it was onwards to a glorious and, still to this day like never before, prosperous future.

Of course, it won't shut the unions up though, they're still calling for the railways to be renationalised nearly twenty years later. Many still claim that the unions destroyed the 1970s British car industry. Yet one look at the cars they were throwing together at the time (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf7q8lWEd-o) would have told you there was nothing left for the unions to do in furtherance of that cause.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by marcusfox
Labour are rubbing their hands with glee because they've left the Conservatives in a position to take the stick for all the cuts, in spite of Darling saying the cuts would have to be worse than under Thatcher and the worst in sixty years.

However, Labour are now in the comfort zone of opposition knowing that anything they have to say will not be put to the test. Being in opposition allows parties, should they wish to do so, to try and take the electorate for fools, just like they did the last time the country ran out of money when they were in charge.

When Thatcher got in, the NCB was losing millions at the time, so were most of the other nationalised industries, and the country had finally run out of money with which to subsidise them.

Oh yes, that was what you were thinking of - coal mining.

So upset by the whole deal are those people from ex coal mining towns such as New Ollerton (where I used to live by the way) and Clipstone in north Nottinghamshire, that they have just voted in a Conservative MP - Sherwood, the constituency in question was Labour since 1992 - perhaps they were fed up with Labour doing sod all there for the past 13 years.

Just FYI, Labour are not averse to contentious industry practices of their own - all you need to do is look at what's happened at Redcar Steel just recently, and I think if you check, Clipstone pit closed in 2003.

The Tories were honest, they knew nothing about building ships, building cars, or mining coal and didn’t feel it was their job to do so, even if the country could have afforded it (which it couldn't). So, they cut those uneconomic industries free to sink or swim. They sank, of course, because being nationalised there was absolutely no chance they would ever learn to swim.

Then they invited private (mostly foreign) investors who did know what they were doing to pick over the bones. The case for coal was pretty hopeless but for many other industries, the car industry for example, it was onwards to a glorious and, still to this day like never before, prosperous future.

Of course, it won't shut the unions up though, they're still calling for the railways to be renationalised nearly twenty years later. Many still claim that the unions destroyed the 1970s British car industry. Yet one look at the cars they were throwing together at the time (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf7q8lWEd-o) would have told you there was nothing left for the unions to do in furtherance of that cause.

Too much reading. So you admit that you left the country in a devastating mess but blame the coming of the mess on Labour?
Original post by de_monies

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Original post by joey11223
Herta Oberheuser wasn't exactly a nice lady, some of her "experiments" being the most cruel and some seemingly without an aim as the result was already clearly known and I can't see any remote medical science justification(injecting people with oil for example) but I imagine there's been worse. Any women directly involved in causing any genocides?

Just read up on her. She really did "Hert" some people, didn't she? :ahee:
Definitely Umbridge.
Reply 167
Easily Thatcher
any women who sells her self, her body, and shows flesh
that's wrong
Reply 169
bloody mary?
Original post by emmielociraptor

Original post by emmielociraptor
Definitely Umbridge.

hahahahahahaha! lol she is EVIL!!
Reply 171
Bellatrix LeStrange

BLOODY MARY IS NOT mary QUEEN OF SCOTS!!!
I think u mean Elizabeth's half sister Mary i.e MARY TUDOR!!! daughter of Henry VIII and Katharine of Aragon!!!!
Reply 173
Morgana in merlin
I think, while evil women don't spring to mind in the same way as evil men do, there are a great number of wives/lovers/daughters etc etc who stood back and allowed/watched atrocities happen without saying much about it. Tbh, that doesn't say much for womankind in terms of having a spine/being better than men.
Original post by Bubbles2010
BLOODY MARY IS NOT mary QUEEN OF SCOTS!!!
I think u mean Elizabeth's half sister Mary i.e MARY TUDOR!!! daughter of Henry VIII and Katharine of Aragon!!!!

Got my Mary's mixed up then. Still standing by the bloody Mary comment
Thatcher

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending