The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone rooted their desireHD?
What are some really cool free apps that I could get?
Original post by adrenaline1989

Original post by adrenaline1989
Has anyone rooted their desireHD?

I'm using Visionary Temp root atm haven't perma rooted simply because so far my DHD has been perfect, I'd only flash to a clean Sense Rom tbh (something like LeeDroid) but haven't been bothered.

Have you rooted yours?

PS there's a new OTA which breaks root unless you have S-OFF.
I'm seriously considering selling my iPhone to get a Desire HD or a Nexus S. Push me over the edge, Phandroids, and recommend me a phone! :smile:
Original post by Addzter

Original post by Addzter
I'm seriously considering selling my iPhone to get a Desire HD or a Nexus S. Push me over the edge, Phandroids, and recommend me a phone! :smile:

Desire HD is just :coma: ,though I am biased :colondollar:

But I'd wait till CES is over to see what's on the horizon.
Original post by yoyo462001
Desire HD is just :coma: ,though I am biased :colondollar:

But I'd wait till CES is over to see what's on the horizon.

See, the main thing I'm worried about with the DHD is battery life. What's it like?
Original post by JChoudhry
What are some really cool free apps that I could get?

Among those that I have on my homescreens are: Angry Birds, Foursquare, Extrem Droid Jump, Phit Droid, Pop Pop Popcorn, Toss It, Alchemy, Klondike, Atomic, Abduction and Fake Call.

In addition to that, I have the social things, like Facebook and Twitter, then news apps and such.

I guess it depends on which kind of things you like though. :smile:
Original post by Addzter

Original post by Addzter
See, the main thing I'm worried about with the DHD is battery life. What's it like?

Light use - 24 hours +
Medium - 18-24 hours
Heavy - 14 hours

Currently I've had mine unplugged for 17 hours, 33% left

Spoken on for 30 mins, sent some text, browsed the net for about 10 mins, listened to music and Wifi on for the entire time. It's not great but it is much better than when I first got it and apparently the new over the air update, which I haven't installed, improves performance and battery life even more.

If battery life was key I wouldn't go for the DHD but generally it's like most smart phones you charge it every night.
Original post by G8D
I'd wait for the upcoming tech expos before you settle on any phone.

We already know that an LG Tegra powered Android is coming, may as well wait and see what else is on offer :smile:

And we have WMC in Feb, which has the successor to the Galaxy S being announced.
Original post by yoyo462001
Light use - 24 hours +
Medium - 18-24 hours
Heavy - 14 hours

Currently I've had mine unplugged for 17 hours, 33% left

Spoken on for 30 mins, sent some text, browsed the net for about 10 mins, listened to music and Wifi on for the entire time. It's not great but it is much better than when I first got it and apparently the new over the air update, which I haven't installed, improves performance and battery life even more.

If battery life was key I wouldn't go for the DHD but generally it's like most smart phones you charge it every night.

Meh, not too bad I guess. I get marginally more on my iPhone, but I charge than when I get home every day anyway. How does it perform? Does Flash work well?
Original post by Addzter
Meh, not too bad I guess. I get marginally more on my iPhone, but I charge than when I get home every day anyway. How does it perform? Does Flash work well?

yep
OMG! Just heard. The new omnia i9000 replacement is being showcased at the MWC barcelona in March. Can't wait!

Already thinking it will model gingerbread and i'm expecting massive specs. Hopefully they won't overdo the size of the screen like HTC did with the HD2.
Will it look like this?

The Nexus S: After playing around with one for a week, there's goodiness and naughtiness.

The build quality is, well, sh1t. What's worse is, you can't change the back cover for something more solid because the cover has an integrated NFC reader, which brings me on to say it's brilliant in principle, but no company is going to relax their patents so one can use it! It's a novelty app, which can only be used for a handful of things.

I would like to find the speed of the thing in comparison to my rooted Desire, but Quadrant isn't compatible with Gingerbread. But it honestly seems much of a muchness. Obviously Samsung prefers a different chip to HTC, which then makes me question why Google went Samsung?

Anyway - there really is one thing that is brilliant on the Nexus S: Streetview Sat Nav and 2-to-3d Google MAPs, where you can view the buildings depending on which way you're facing.

In my honest opinion: Not worth the upgrade to a Nexus S unless you're coming from a Hero or similar. Wait for Honeycomb on the new Dual Core's.
Where did you hear about the honeycomb from?
Original post by blueray
Where did you hear about the honeycomb from?

God knows. It's been mentioned for ages. Most stuff like this I hear in passing comment.
Original post by blueray
Will it look like this?

No. That's the Omnia II running WM 6.5. That was released like a year and a half ago.

http://uk.webuy.com/phones/product.php?mastersku=SSAMI80002

It's also quite cheap but also not that good because it has a resistive :angry: touchscreen and isn't running android :biggrin: .
So what does it look like?
Hey guys, just picked up my Android device about a week ago and it came with a 3gb FUP.

I've been looking at my unbilled use on the My T-Mobile site and for some reason there seems to be random charges under "Mobile Data Usage". For most of the items there is a base cost, but then a billed cost of 0. But every once in a while the base cost doesn't seem to be "waived", so to say.

I haven't been out of the UK (or Scotland for that matter) since getting the phone.

Under mobile network settings I have already unchecked Data roaming. T-Mobile Internet is selected as my access point.

Where are these charges coming from and how can I stop them? :frown: It adds up to about 5 pounds now.. it's not too bad but it'll add up if I don't put a stop to this now :s-smilie:
Can anyone recommend me an alternative email app? Preferable one that just has one big inbox that all my emails pile into.

Latest

Trending

Trending