The Student Room Group

Oxford 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rifleman
Are you talking about F334 this morning? I am in the same state as you if that is the case.

Original post by Salliana23
I felt the same - was it OCR?

Yes I am, I had a lovely hour MAKING UP MOLECULES OCR!
It has made work more for sure :p:

...but I keep thinking I'm not good enough :s-smilie:
Reply 762
Original post by Helenarems
Let's just say these exams aren't going the best I hoped...
Anyone else in this boat?

I am petrified I wont meet my offer. If things don't go to plan I will be clinging to the fact they take Welsh Bacc for some subjects and that sometimes, just sometimes, people get in after missing their offer :s-smilie:
Reply 763
Yes I am, I had a lovely hour MAKING UP MOLECULES OCR!

At least you know you got company in screwing up this exam. And all holding Oxford offers...

Think how the others will be up to.

What offer did you get?
Original post by Cariie
sometimes, just sometimes, people get in after missing their offer :s-smilie:

See my sig :awesome:

We're a rare breed though and it's all decided on an individual, case-by-case basis, so don't rely on it though! :nah:
Reply 765
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
See my sig :awesome:

We're a rare breed though and it's all decided on an individual, case-by-case basis, so don't rely on it though! :nah:

You give us all hope for if something doesn't quite go to plan on results day :smile: But trust me I'm not relying on it and working bloomin' hard to make sure I do get those A's, it's really not the kind of opportunity I want to miss out on!
Original post by Babs12123
I am very much in this boat...
Annoyingly I'm also finding the fear leads to stressing out during my exams and therefore to a poorer performance. (A big well done to my subconscious for that one)
On top of that, the irrational part of me is also constantly thinking that if I meet my offer but don't get any A*'s I'll be the thickest person there.
Is it just me?!

I noticed you have an offer from St Catz. If you can get any say in which room you have try and get one over looking the pond at the front. You'll thank me when you want to be distracted from work and have pretty coy carp to watch :smile: incredibly good for when you're stressing out. Try not to stess out now though!
hey i know im really late to this thread but got an offer for bio sciences (woo) at St Anne's and just wondering if anyone else got an offer from Anne's..? havent found anyone yet!
Not to downplay anyone's achievement, but aren't all Oxford offers only AAA? And if you worked hard for your AS Levels, then surely you only need around a C/low B in your A2 modules to actually get an A overall?
Reply 769
Original post by dothesnowdome
i'm 20 BEFORE freshers, oh dear, pretty sure i'm going to feel ancient!

Original post by gliding
Me too! My birthday is in September... Oh well, at least it's nice to know that there are SOME others out there.

Me too guys, 20 in late September.
Original post by frequent_flyer
Haha sorry! I'm guessing you probably need an unconditional offer to open a student bank account and receive the subsequent overdraft privileges if not to apply for government finance :colondollar:

I didn't read what you wrote properly :facepalm2:
(Not very good for a Law student.)

Yeah, you don't even need an offer to apply for student finance I don't think, but for student accounts you do.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 770
Original post by Sophies4int
hey i know im really late to this thread but got an offer for bio sciences (woo) at St Anne's and just wondering if anyone else got an offer from Anne's..? havent found anyone yet!

Hello
Original post by Sophies4int

Look at the spoiler in the first post of this thread, there are a couple there :smile:
Original post by freezombie
*ahem* Twenty isn't all that old!

I'm turning 20 in June and I feel ancient already -.- it starts with a 2!! it is freaking old :tongue: it's like saying goodbye to your TEENage years (teen like 10, starting with a 1 :biggrin:)
Original post by Rifleman
At least you know you got company in screwing up this exam. And all holding Oxford offers...

Think how the others will be up to.

What offer did you get?

AAA, could be so much worse! You?
Original post by kevin6767
I noticed you have an offer from St Catz. If you can get any say in which room you have try and get one over looking the pond at the front. You'll thank me when you want to be distracted from work and have pretty coy carp to watch :smile: incredibly good for when you're stressing out. Try not to stess out now though!

Ahh I'm St Catz too! :biggrin:
Original post by mastermind_107
Not to downplay anyone's achievement, but aren't all Oxford offers only AAA? And if you worked hard for your AS Levels, then surely you only need around a C/low B in your A2 modules to actually get an A overall?

Only!?
I'm guessing you didn't sit OCR chemistry today...
Original post by lalaberlin

Original post by lalaberlin
I'm turning 20 in June and I feel ancient already -.- it starts with a 2!! it is freaking old :tongue: it's like saying goodbye to your TEENage years (teen like 10, starting with a 1 :biggrin:)

I know that feeling. I got it January last year. The novelty of "being old this year" had worn off by February, IIRC.

Fittingly, this just popped up on my twitter:
@mememolly

Everytime someone on the street refers to me as a lady, I remember I'm an adult.

tweet
Only!?
I'm guessing you didn't sit OCR chemistry today...

Haha, no, I didn't. Plus, I'm not really in any position to comment as I'm not taking A Levels (I do the IB).

But, what I am saying is that the A* grade motivates you to work for A2 modules, whereas you can kind of rest on your laurels if you have high UMS marks in your AS modules if you only need an A.
Original post by babs12123
i am very much in this boat...
Annoyingly i'm also finding the fear leads to stressing out during my exams and therefore to a poorer performance. (a big well done to my subconscious for that one)
on top of that, the irrational part of me is also constantly thinking that if i meet my offer but don't get any a*'s i'll be the thickest person there.
Is it just me?!

st catz for the win! :d
Reply 779
AAA, could be so much worse! You?

Conditions are pretty standard...I was meaning course and college. I saw you are St. Catz.

Mine is Egyptology and ancient near eastern studies from St Benet's Hall.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending