The Student Room Group

Jefferies applications?

Has anyone on here applied to Jefferies through the Cornell Partnership?

Applications are closed and was interested in anyone had heard anything back? Or more info about how many analysts they are taking on?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I fired one off speculatively a while ago, never heard anything.
Reply 2
How does the application process for the Cornell Partnership even work anyway? I've sent them a ton of emails, but they still havent given me straight answer about anything
Reply 3
Zweihander
How does the application process for the Cornell Partnership even work anyway? I've sent them a ton of emails, but they still havent given me straight answer about anything

I agree, they're really vague about everything, I've emailed them in the past but to no avail. So I rang a few months ago and had a chat with one of the consultants. Apparently you send them their CV then they select you for interview if they think you're any good. Basically they just run the first round interviews for banks/AMs/Consultancies who can't be arsed to do it themselves. I think if you get through their interview then they just pass you straight on to the bank in question who will then put you through an AC. This is my understanding anyway, if anyone thinks otherwise please interject..

When I rang they said that they'd be starting recruiting for Asset Managers sometime in Feb.
Reply 4
When did you apply loggins, I didn't think they had been accepting applications for long (like a couple of weeks)?
Reply 5
SalamKazar
When did you apply loggins, I didn't think they had been accepting applications for long (like a couple of weeks)?

Can't remember exactly, maybe about 6 weeks ago.
My experience with Cornell Partnership for Greenhill was exceptional. Kept me in the loop all they way through, explained why I was put forward for a certain assessment centre and not the earlier one etcetc. Wanted to keep in touch when one withdrew yourself from the process (because they are a recruitment firm clearly).

Obviously this isn't quite the same as applying direct to Cornell, for Greenhill they just run the first round interviews. I'd guess that they won't tell you directly what firms they are mandated by, as they'd lose their advantage as you could just apply directly.
Idiot moment.
greenyblue_eyes
My experience with Cornell Partnership for Greenhill was exceptional. Kept me in the loop all they way through, explained why I was put forward for a certain assessment centre and not the earlier one etcetc. Wanted to keep in touch when one withdrew yourself from the process (because they are a recruitment firm clearly).

Obviously this isn't quite the same as applying direct to Cornell, for Greenhill they just run the first round interviews. I'd guess that they won't tell you directly what firms they are mandated by, as they'd lose their advantage as you could just apply directly.

Quite. GH isn't for me, but as I posted sometime last year, Cornell go about things very professionally. They were nice enough to drop me a call the other day to "catch up" - albeit my interest in Corp Fin is limited these days, but they're a company with a lot of scope. Certainly one to be in the good books of I would imagine.
Reply 9
loggins
I agree, they're really vague about everything, I've emailed them in the past but to no avail. So I rang a few months ago and had a chat with one of the consultants. Apparently you send them their CV then they select you for interview if they think you're any good. Basically they just run the first round interviews for banks/AMs/Consultancies who can't be arsed to do it themselves. I think if you get through their interview then they just pass you straight on to the bank in question who will then put you through an AC. This is my understanding anyway, if anyone thinks otherwise please interject..

When I rang they said that they'd be starting recruiting for Asset Managers sometime in Feb.

It's called an 'agency'
Reply 10
Applied to Tech M&A - Heard nothing
Reply 11
dpb23
It's called an 'agency'

Thanks for that condescending reply, I was simply explaining what CP's involvement was in the recruitment process, since they operate slightly differently to what you call an 'agency'.
Jefferies First round interviews took place quite a while ago
Reply 13
And did they let you know about the A.C. centre yet ibd_haunter?
Reply 14
Or player - did you hear back after first round interview.. know when the A.C. is?
Reply 15
hi
I had experience with CP for greenhill... 1st round at cornell then AC at greenhill
but they just told me I have a phone interview for Jefferies which if I pass I would be invited to AC (no in person interview with Cornell!)
Has anyone had a phone interview or first round for Jefferies Summer internship?? What was it like?
Thanks
Reply 16
can anyone tell me anything about jefferies first round?
lol jeffries office is like bangladesh
Reply 18
I just got an invite to the first round too
Reply 19
Original post by seekingalpha
Final Round coming up. Anyone here been through it?

Hi, when did you get invited? Is it for the summer internship?

I interviewed a few weeks back but no response so I guess its a rejection.

C

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending