The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

We need some more 7" tabs. I don't like the 9/10" ones they are too big for one handed use. I think only HTC are releasing one? I'm surprised Samsung Galaxy Tab isn't getting a new 7" only the bigger sized one. Plus 7" screens would make a nice sat nav. You could probably have your phone and the map on one screen :awesome:
Reply 4101
Dixons are taking preorders for the Xoom for £435 with a discount code. :K:

Tempting tbh...I can sell my Kindle for about £90 and get this for just over £300 if Quidco pay up...:sexface:
(edited 13 years ago)
Question: I seem to have to press the power on button everytime the screen locks itself, can I not just tap the screen instead?

As for rooting, what do you folk recommend I should put on my phone?
Original post by spikeymike
Question: I seem to have to press the power on button everytime the screen locks itself, can I not just tap the screen instead?

As for rooting, what do you folk recommend I should put on my phone?

Yeah, that's about right.

How do you mean? What apps? What bootloader? Custom ROM? (I can't remember what phone you have)
Original post by mikeyd85
Yeah, that's about right.

How do you mean? What apps? What bootloader? Custom ROM? (I can't remember what phone you have)

Man, really didn't think it could get this complicated.

- Where do I get apps?
- What difference does a bootloader have?
- Custome ROM? Is this the firmware stuff? Yeah I guess, though how does Android 2.2 differe to any other ROMs?

HTC Legend.
Man, really didn't think it could get this complicated.

- Where do I get apps?
- What difference does a bootloader have?
- Custome ROM? Is this the firmware stuff? Yeah I guess, though how does Android 2.2 differe to any other ROMs?

HTC Legend.

I'd stick to the market for apps. Some require ROOT access (Such as Shoot Me, a screen grabbing app).

The bootloader controls what happens at boot. A custom bootloader will allow you to flash custom ROMs.

A custom ROM is the OS itself. Some phones have custom ROMs taking them to newer versions of Android (ie Hero has them from 1.6 - 2.3.3). Others allow for greater overclocking or even just the removal of operator bloatware.

Honestly, I'd take a loo over at XDA forums to see what you want/need/can get.
(edited 13 years ago)

It would mean you're phone will have to stay on, it can't sleep which means you'll end up wasting battery when you're not even using it. It also stops you from accidentally putting the screen on, say if you reach into your pocket you could end up calling someone. You'll get used to it though.
One moe thing: On the 'home' screen, when I press the 'Phone' option, it lists contacts on the sim and on my phone - Is their a way to display contacts from phone only?

One moe thing: On the 'home' screen, when I press the 'Phone' option, it lists contacts on the sim and on my phone - Is their a way to display contacts from phone only?

You're using an older version of Sense so I'm not sure if it will be the same. But in the people app if you go menu, then it should show a menu option called 'view' and from there you should be able to highlight what conatacts the phone uses.
Original post by yoyo462001
You're using an older version of Sense so I'm not sure if it will be the same. But in the people app if you go menu, then it should show a menu option called 'view' and from there you should be able to highlight what conatacts the phone uses.

Yeah but it still shows contacts from sim...?

I assume it must have transferred your sim contacts to your phone somehow.
I assume it must have transferred your sim contacts to your phone somehow.

Ah yeah, I did that oops!

Ya if you press menu you can change the view and which contacts it shows out of Phone/SIM/Facebook etc
Reply 4113
Had a iphone 3g.......

but now got a new contract and got the htc desire HD, so will be joining this thread :biggrin:
Original post by vn2009

Original post by vn2009
Had a iphone 3g.......

but now got a new contract and got the htc desire HD, so will be joining this thread :biggrin:

You did the right thing. :closedeyes:
Original post by vn2009
Had a iphone 3g.......

Welcome :smile:
Original post by vn2009
Had a iphone 3g.......

Congrats :smile:
Okay I'm also using widgetlocker now. With each day my allegianceto HTC diminishes.

Okay I'm also using widgetlocker now. With each day my allegianceto HTC diminishes.

I've considered WidgetLocker but I don't think I need that much stuff on my lockscreen.

Since I'm not doing anything tonight (:ahee:) I think I'll put Cronos Gingerbread on my phone; it's slowed down a lot this week.
Reply 4119
Anyone tried SwipePad beta? Really cool way of getting to apps that you use and it's totally customisable. Kinda like the recently used apps list but for the apps you want.

Setting it up is a big pain if you have a large app list but imo it's worth it. Bare in mind it is only a beta :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending