The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by spikeymike
Surely, you could tie it in a loop? :colondollar:

When I had a Creative Zen X-Fi that came with a very short cable, about 7cm - you could try ebaying that.

Messy.

I'll have a look at that :smile:
Reply 4201

I've got a class 2 16gb microSD. Not as slow as you'd think but still if the difference is negligible then pay a bit extra and get a class 4.

Original post by Yawn11
Is there a way to block people's numbers from calling/texting you?

On a side note, when I'm ready, I'm going to purchase a 32gb sd card. :u:

Too popular eh? :sexface:

Try Settings --> Call Settings --> All Calls --> Auto Reject. Give it a go and see if that helps...? There are apps that block numbers too....
Reply 4202
Original post by bigmo7

Too popular eh? :sexface:

Try Settings --> Call Settings --> All Calls --> Auto Reject. Give it a go and see if that helps...? There are apps that block numbers too....

Hah, nah just a few people I'd really like to stop contacting me.

I'll give the settings and app search a go.

If it fails I'll see if I can do it through Orange.
Original post by Yawn11
Hah, nah just a few people I'd really like to stop contacting me.

I'll give the settings and app search a go.

If it fails I'll see if I can do it through Orange.

IF I remember correctly, on Android devices you can't block the call as such, it merely diverts it to your voicemail. If that's okay, just block as described above otherwise you might need to contact Orange I guess.

The annoying thing is it will still let texts through. I had an annoying person texting me. I wish I could find out who that bitch was; it really annoys me when people hide and try to have a conversation.
Reply 4204
Blackdroid is back! :woo:
Original post by bigmo7
Blackdroid is back! :woo:

Explain?! :woo:
Reply 4206
Explain?! :woo:

Can't tell you. Mad Vlad will come and get me. :ninja:
Reply 4207
Original post by yoyo462001
I have a Gel case, 2 G5-online Hybride cases and a barely there case. In all the Gel case is the most protective but ugliest and it makes the phone a fair amount more thick. The G5 cases i prefer the look the most but they are super poor quality, cracked and chipped of bits after only a week, do not buy them. The barely there case is a good but it's not 100% a good fit and I cut off the bit that separated the volume rockers because it made changing volume really hard, other than that the case has been really good and really stylish. I might provide you some links if you're interested.

Yeh links will be good.

Original post by yoyo462001
Wow really! :zomg: How are you finding the 4 cores and Super Duper Amoled Plus Plus screen??? I heard it's even running Pie (Android 9.0)

The Samsung i5800 is the Galaxy 3. :wink:
Also, does Android have any good MS Office apps?
Do you have to pay for Quick Office?
Original post by rajandkwameali
Do you have to pay for Quick Office?

The basic version (view, can't edit) came stock on my moto.

In other news, it just kicked out a Quadrant of 1310, whilst on 2.1, can't wait to see this badboy on 2.2 :woo:
Boom 2.3.2 :smile: The sense with quick settings is epic
Reply 4213
Original post by Nick Longjohnson
The basic version (view, can't edit) came stock on my moto.

In other news, it just kicked out a Quadrant of 1310, whilst on 2.1, can't wait to see this badboy on 2.2 :woo:

Which phone?
Original post by bigmo7
Which phone?

Motorola Defy. It's been better than expected

It was overclocked, I might add :p:
Reply 4215
Hey guys,

I'm after an android phone atm (because my crapberry is bricked/dead). Just wondering what anyone would suggest? I'm going to uni for 5 years so I'm gonna be skint after this summer so hoping for something that's got decent internet speed and will be reliable i.e won't die on me after a year (like my crapberry) and has a decent battery life and has good specs overall giving it a bit of futureproof-ness (definitely not a word :tongue:)? I don't mind shelling out a couple-few hundred as long as it's a sound investment... :smile:

(Checked out the review sites already but just after some personal experiences...?)
(edited 13 years ago)

Thanks, but I already bought the one from ebay, the one linked from earlier. (4GB). :smile:
Original post by RyuHADOUKEN
Hey guys,

I'm after an android phone atm (because my crapberry is bricked/dead). Just wondering what anyone would suggest? I'm going to uni for 5 years so I'm gonna be skint after this summer so hoping for something that's got decent internet speed and will be reliable i.e won't die on me after a year (like my crapberry) and has a decent battery life and has good specs overall giving it a bit of futureproof-ness (definitely not a word :tongue:)? I don't mind shelling out a couple-few hundred as long as it's a sound investment... :smile:

(Checked out the review sites already but just after some personal experiences...?)

Nothing is future proof. By 2014, mobiles will be 75 times more powerful than they are now...

Desire / Desire HD would be a good shout in a month or two when then next Desires are released.

Edit:

On another matter, Cronos GB with ondemand governor is very, very nice.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4219
Thanks, but I already bought the one from ebay, the one linked from earlier. (4GB). :smile:

4gb? what are like? :tongue:

you gonna have 24kbps music on there? hehe

Latest

Trending

Trending