The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

queen mary's interview help

Hi,
I applied for English Literature & Linguistics and i have an interview and open day thing on wednesday and have no idea what attire is required. My parents have said to wear a suit as it shows that i want the place, while friends have said that english is quite a creative subject and that i should be okay wearing a black jumper jeans and boots. prompt help would be greatly appreciated.

thx
If you wear a suit, you can always remove the jacket & tie and loosen the collar to dress it down, whereas if you wear jeans, you can't dress it up once you get there. Better to be overdressed than underdressed, in my opinion.
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2
I had an open day/interview thing for QMUL (for Geography and Economics). The interview was really laid back, the interviewer asked me a few questions that weren't too hard, it was pretty much a discussion about my interest in the subject, the university and some related current affairs. I think that everyone who is invited to one of these has an offer, it's just to persuade you to chose the uni as a firm. Nobody was wearing formal clothing, it was mostly smart casual.
Reply 3
kk thx guys i was soooooo nervous but can you guys define smart casual? so would black trousers black shirt without tie be okay?
Reply 4
Don't dress in all black, you're not at a funeral :smile:
Reply 5
lol well ive got a pair of black and a pair of grey trousers. Ive got a black shirt and a white shirt . The ties i have are gold, silver and black.(the rest of my wardrobe are jumpers hoodies jeans and thats it lol)
Reply 6
btw i emailed queen mary's and they've said to wear whatever makes me comfortable. Me being paranoid have taken that a a trap so im going to probably wear a suit.
Reply 7
Original post by outwar6010
btw i emailed queen mary's and they've said to wear whatever makes me comfortable. Me being paranoid have taken that a a trap so im going to probably wear a suit.

You are looking far too into this. Emailing them about dresswear probably exposed your indecisiveness. Chill bro, when I went I wore white shoes, jeans and a striped top.
Reply 8
so black jumper jeans and dark brown boots would be fine thx lol im just nervous because this my first interview

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending