The Student Room Group

PwC Flying Start Technology 2023

I just wanted to make a thread of people apply to the apprenticeship. Who's where in the application process, any advice?

Scroll to see replies

I applied to the apprenticeship. I applied for the one in Leeds, QM and also ADA collage. I have done the online assessment and I am preparing for the interview currently. What about you? Have you head anything? Also, I heard that you want to relate to the company but I don't know how to prepare for this. Never been in this situation. :smile::smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Asim Dhakal
I applied to the apprentiship. I applied for the one in Leeds, QM and also ADA collage. I have done the online assessment and I am preparing for the interview currently. What about you? Have you head anything? Also, I heard that you want to relate to the company but I don't know how to prepare for this. Never been in this situation. :smile::smile:

Hi, am currently on the video interview stage, I've applied to the QM and Leeds course, I heard the question were very situational, and different to the traditional "what is your greatest weakness" questions.
Reply 3
Same here - video interview stage
Original post by ArdZaint
Hi, am currently on the video interview stage, I've applied to the QM and Leeds course, I heard the question were very situational, and different to the traditional "what is your greatest weakness" questions.
Reply 4
Original post by Maya282
Same here - video interview stage

Hi, I was able to secure a spot at the assessment centre, received and email about 5 days ago, any update on how your interview went, I hope for the best!
Hi, I was able to secure a spot at the assessment centre, received and email about 5 days ago, any update on how your interview went, I hope for the best!

how long did it take for them to reply after your video interview ?? had mine yesterday and it went horribly i couldn’t even string a sentence together because of the nerves
Reply 6
Original post by yaseen15x
how long did it take for them to reply after your video interview ?? had mine yesterday and it went horribly i couldn’t even string a sentence together because of the nerves

Hi, took about 5-6 days for them to get back to me, the interview was a bit tricky wasn't it? I hope they consider you, best of luck!
Reply 7

Thank you! I’m planning on doing the interview tomorrow so I can’t really say much on it but I’ll update on if I pass it or not 🥲 and congrats on getting to the assessment centre stage ! What office did you apply for

Same here bro good luck!
Reply 9
Original post by Maya282
Thank you! I’m planning on doing the interview tomorrow so I can’t really say much on it but I’ll update on if I pass it or not 🥲 and congrats on getting to the assessment centre stage ! What office did you apply for

Good luck for tomorrow! I applied to the study-first program, so I applied to Queen Mary university and Leeds, I assume you applied to Ada College? Btw, I recommend you research on some recent tech issues for your interview.
Good luck for tomorrow! I applied to the study-first program, so I applied to Queen Mary university and Leeds, I assume you applied to Ada College? Btw, I recommend you research on some recent tech issues for your interview.

Yes Ada college! I applied for work first with Manchester and thank you for that tip, I’m currently researching stuff to prepare. It says it takes around 45 minutes would you say that’s accurate?
Reply 11
Original post by Maya282
Yes Ada college! I applied for work first with Manchester and thank you for that tip, I’m currently researching stuff to prepare. It says it takes around 45 minutes would you say that’s accurate?

Yeah 45 minutes is about right, if you use up all the time, you can probably get away with spending 30+ minutes on it, however I recommend you use up all the time. You are also allowed notes, just don't be too obviously looking at them. A small glance is ok!
Yeah 45 minutes is about right, if you use up all the time, you can probably get away with spending 30+ minutes on it, however I recommend you use up all the time. You are also allowed notes, just don't be too obviously looking at them. A small glance is ok!

What he said about using all the time I didnt have to use all the time. I made sure I took the little time we had to prepare to make concise points about what I will say.

What was asked?
Original post by Maya282

Can you give feedback as to what sort of question were asked?
Original post by Master roshi1
What was asked?

I'm so confused why people are still doing video interviews cuz wasn't the deadline 10th Feb?
Original post by yasmin.234
I'm so confused why people are still doing video interviews cuz wasn't the deadline 10th Feb?

Mines was the 28th of feb, it’s the work first model I’ll assume bc it’s not tied to a university it’s different
Original post by Maya282
Mines was the 28th of feb, it’s the work first model I’ll assume bc it’s not tied to a university it’s different

for ada college ? have you received a reply yet?
for ada college ? have you received a reply yet?

Not yet I did it a few days ago so I guess either end of this week/ next week a response
Hello All,

For people who have finished the career focus day, did you all join the preparation session. I did manage to fill out the google form for that but have not received any update on that so far. I think mine is today around 5 pm ( forgot what time I picked up , assuming that I will get an email with details). Any one else knows how and when the link to join comes.

Next question - I saw in this thread that some unis might give option to select another course if Pwc rejects. Does anyone knows if that the case with Queen Mark London as well. How can I find out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending