The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

UEA Freshers 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jelly1000
I've firmed UEA (and have the grades) so I'm definitley going- this is for International Relations. You'll find more people in the UEA forum, maybe you could create a thread there?

Got a friend going to UEA doing the same course as you, I'm doing Biology myself :O
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by imperial maniac
Got a friend going to UEA doing the same course as you, I'm doing Biology myself :O

Ah sweet, do you know how shes finding the course?
Ah sweet, do you know how shes finding the course?

He's a bloke :P I meant going as in he's an applicant for this year, as am I :biggrin:

Really looking forward to it tbh, Olympic size swimming pool=WIN.
He's a bloke :P I meant going as in he's an applicant for this year, as am I :biggrin:

Really looking forward to it tbh, Olympic size swimming pool=WIN.

Apologies to your friend then, I look forward to meeting him & you. I read it as your friend is doing international relations for some reason. And yeah the pool looked pretty cool, even though I hate swimming and won't go in it ever. I will use the gym though. Went to an open day at Trent not too long ago now and couldn't believe they offer all these sporty courses and don't even have a swimming pool.
(edited 13 years ago)
Apologies to your friend then, I look forward to meeting him & you. I read it as your friend is doing international relations for some reason. And yeah the pool looked pretty cool, even though I hate swimming and won't go in it ever. I will use the gym though. Went to an open day at Trent not too long ago now and couldn't believe they offer all these sporty courses and don't even have a swimming pool.

looks like we'll have to push you! mwhahah .. into the deep end!

kidding X

:five: I hate swimming too. I have plans to join the riding club, the ballet club (I've wanted to do ballet forever!) and maybe fencing if I can fit it in... that's all the sports I need! Might try and get into running again but it depends on how I feel when I get there!

What socs are people (sort of) thinking of joining? List is here... no, I'm not putting off anything. Shush... :biggrin:
I want to join Concrete (the student newspaper), theatre, Glee, Creative Writing and Volunteering/Conservation and Wildlife but knowing me, I probably won't keep them all up!
Original post by diamonddust
:five: I hate swimming too. I have plans to join the riding club, the ballet club (I've wanted to do ballet forever!) and maybe fencing if I can fit it in... that's all the sports I need! Might try and get into running again but it depends on how I feel when I get there!

What socs are people (sort of) thinking of joining? List is here... no, I'm not putting off anything. Shush... :biggrin:
I want to join Concrete (the student newspaper), theatre, Glee, Creative Writing and Volunteering/Conservation and Wildlife but knowing me, I probably won't keep them all up!

I think any more than 2 or 3 and I'd struggle to keep up with the meetings. The ones in contention atm are: Jewish Society, Volunteers, Unicef, Save the Children, Politics, Live music (though im not sure if thats about being in a band or seeing bands, if its about being in one then its no use as i cant play an instrument!) Conservative, and Amnesty International.
Original post by makingamemory

LOL would you even count that as a conversation with year 8s? I had to get the 93 to Putney this morning because they had suspended the Wimbledon branch :/ I really do not miss getting the bus with all the Elliott lot. Though the 170s are worse during the mornings/afternoons.

Thank you. Although I kinda hope they make the decision for me so I won't have to choose. Because if they reject me it's UEA firm defo, and Loughborough as my insurance even though their offer is higher...I refuse to choose Coventry after seeing the dump. Quite a few in my year applied for Herts and they said it's nice, and they're hard to please, so it must be all right lol

I would class it as a conversation and a source of humour. When you have a kid who's more than happy to say "Fulham are rubbish!" that then is almost at years when you point out their £50m striker is crap... Say no more. I'm a heartless person, taking pleasure out of crushing small children's hopes and dreams.

Yeah, I hate getting the 170 at any time, to be honest. I was on one a month or two ago going home and two women, pissed out of their ****ing minds, came on at the bottom of West Hill, along with two blokes who practically sprinted to the back. The women stayed at the front. It's annoying when you have people having conversations across the length of a bus. And the women were practically dancing on the bus. And the women were butt ugly to boot.

Yeah, I'm hoping Herts are alright, I've heard their campus is good though I've looked on here and seen plenty of people saying there isn't much to do in Hatfield, which is a worry. Don't want to have to go into London to enjoy a bit of the city's nightlife because it's non-existent locally.
There is an assassin society 0_o
Think I'll give the boxing and the swimming a go, never done boxing before, should be a laugh.
There is an assassin society 0_o

Dare I ask what you'd be doing...? :redface: :tongue:
This thread made me realise I need condoms.
Original post by mobius323
I would class it as a conversation and a source of humour. When you have a kid who's more than happy to say "Fulham are rubbish!" that then is almost at years when you point out their £50m striker is crap... Say no more. I'm a heartless person, taking pleasure out of crushing small children's hopes and dreams.

Yeah, I hate getting the 170 at any time, to be honest. I was on one a month or two ago going home and two women, pissed out of their ****ing minds, came on at the bottom of West Hill, along with two blokes who practically sprinted to the back. The women stayed at the front. It's annoying when you have people having conversations across the length of a bus. And the women were practically dancing on the bus. And the women were butt ugly to boot.

Yeah, I'm hoping Herts are alright, I've heard their campus is good though I've looked on here and seen plenty of people saying there isn't much to do in Hatfield, which is a worry. Don't want to have to go into London to enjoy a bit of the city's nightlife because it's non-existent locally.

I think that students at Herts tend to go to Watford for nights out as thats a lot nearer (and Hatfield is lacking in that area), and you can get back for a few quid in a taxi if your sharing it with a few people. Watford has quite a few pubs and then clubs such as Vodka Revs, Area (owned by the people who run Gatecrashers I believe) plus Areas own pre club Bed, Oceania and a couple of others I can't remember now off the top of my head.

As for going into London for a night out, you could do I suppose, but you'd have to stay there til the first train (around 6/7) as there isn't an easy way back after the last train has gone. A taxi would cost upwards of £70.
I think that students at Herts tend to go to Watford for nights out as thats a lot nearer (and Hatfield is lacking in that area), and you can get back for a few quid in a taxi if your sharing it with a few people. Watford has quite a few pubs and then clubs such as Vodka Revs, Area (owned by the people who run Gatecrashers I believe) plus Areas own pre club Bed, Oceania and a couple of others I can't remember now off the top of my head.

As for going into London for a night out, you could do I suppose, but you'd have to stay there til the first train (around 6/7) as there isn't an easy way back after the last train has gone. A taxi would cost upwards of £70.

Just got back. I can see what people mean when they're talking about UH. I love the campus, but you can really see that Hatfield is almost like a passing-by town. It'll be my insurance - still gunning for UEA.
Original post by mobius323
Just got back. I can see what people mean when they're talking about UH. I love the campus, but you can really see that Hatfield is almost like a passing-by town. It'll be my insurance - still gunning for UEA.

I should add The Forum is very popular with UH students. Yeah I've been to the Hatfield campus twice, and its quite modern, but not the bus ride away from city nightlife that UEA is.
Reply 95
Original post by FaraxZeroIncome
This thread made me realise I need condoms.

wrap it up before you slap it up.
I should add The Forum is very popular with UH students. Yeah I've been to the Hatfield campus twice, and its quite modern, but not the bus ride away from city nightlife that UEA is.

Yeah, we went to see the Forum and it looks awesome.
Reply 97
I live near Hatfield & Watford and it's fair to say both aren't great. St Albans is ok, decent amount of pubs but not anywhere that stays open late (apart from Batchwood but that gets old very quickly).

There's stuff in Watford but it's a shíteheap tbh and the atmosphere is always bad I find. Always some sort of trouble going on. A few mates go to Herts and their student union organise lots of nights out with coaches etc due to the local area being a bit crap, so it's not all bad.

Bit of a thread hijack here I know, soz.
Reply 98
Sexpression society?! :wut:
Original post by Withered
I live near Hatfield & Watford and it's fair to say both aren't great. St Albans is ok, decent amount of pubs but not anywhere that stays open late (apart from Batchwood but that gets old very quickly).

There's stuff in Watford but it's a shíteheap tbh and the atmosphere is always bad I find. Always some sort of trouble going on. A few mates go to Herts and their student union organise lots of nights out with coaches etc due to the local area being a bit crap, so it's not all bad.

Bit of a thread hijack here I know, soz.

Cheers mate. It was a bit hard to gauge the local area with the bus journey from the train station only really going past two places of interest: the Galleria and a pub that sells pints for £1.99.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending