The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

UEA, is it worth going?

I've had my sights set on UEA for a while, and after receiving an offer from them today, things are starting to feel too real. I'm almost certainly I want to go, as its perfect in terms of location, how remote it is, and the course. I'm in need of any information people have about the place. Any past experiences or knowledge about UEA that could help me truly decide if it's the place for me. The course I've applied to is Translation, Media and Japanese! Thanks!!
Hi there,

Congratulations for your offer, this is fantastic!

I'm a PhD student at UEA and have been here for the last 4 years (coming from UCL from my previous degree). Academically, UEA is truly exceptional. Over 90% of published research is considered world leading! There are very few places in the world to have this status... In terms of teaching, most lecturers are fellows of the higher education academy. This is a qualification that lecturers take on the top of their PhD to ensure they teach at the highest standard. Again, very few places in the UEA have as many fellows are UEA. In terms of location, Norwich is beautiful! It's really close to the sea side too.

If you'v got any specific questions, feel free to ask.

Looking forward to welcoming you on campus soon!

Best,
Daniel
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous #1
I've had my sights set on UEA for a while, and after receiving an offer from them today, things are starting to feel too real. I'm almost certainly I want to go, as its perfect in terms of location, how remote it is, and the course. I'm in need of any information people have about the place. Any past experiences or knowledge about UEA that could help me truly decide if it's the place for me. The course I've applied to is Translation, Media and Japanese! Thanks!!

Hi,

UEA is a very friendly and welcoming campus and is high academically for research in many fields. The course you have applied to sounds very interesting! :smile:
Often, there are lots of options within a course, for example I am doing Economics with a Year Abroad and also got to study some modules in German.
If you have any questions about uni-life at UEA, please let me know! :smile:

UEA Rep Lucy
Original post by Anonymous

Media has a great course lead, really friendly guy and loves all the student in his course. UEA is a great campus with lots to do, see and eat. I experienced some difficulties due to neurodiversity but if you’re a student who doesn’t need a lot of extra help or support UEA is fantastic. The bus routes from UEA can help you get connected with the rest of Norfolk too, within 2 busses you can be at the seaside in Yarmouth or Peterborough if you’re up for the long journey.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending