The Student Room Group

M&S healthy ranges

Less than 150 Calories snacks, less than 100 calorie snacks, fuller for longer range and count on us. Being Marks, obviously pricey. But, from all I've tried so far, they're pretty impressive and don't feel low-calorie at all! My favourite being strawberry and white chocolate popcorn.

I went to get some more today but they were sold out so I went for the savoury flavours instead. Cheese and onion, salted and sweet and salt. Has anyone tried these? Reviews possibly?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Marks and Spencer Count On Us Baked Crisps are absolutely one of my favourite type of crisps, and it doesn't make sense because they're "better for you" food! But they have a texture which is absolutely unique and unlike any other crisp I've ever had. Every flavour (lightly salted, salt and malt vinegar, sour cream and chive, sweet chilli) is massively potent too. They cost around 60p for a 25g bag, and contain less than 90 calories. Spot them by their white bag.

Marks and Spencer Count On Us Triple Layer Chocolate Mousse is sold in individual pots at around £1 but they're worth it. It's three layers, dark, white and milk chocolate mousses topped with chocolate curls. If memory serves right it's 120 kcal. Some branches also have the Count on Us Chocolate Muffin Dessert at about the same price, 155 calories. The tubs they come in look like this:

Finally, one of my single favourite "health conscious" lunch add-on item (but by no means a budget one, let me tell you) are their amazing Mooli Wraps found alongside the sandwiches/sushi. A large tray of 10 lemongrass chicken/Thai spiced wraps plus dip costs about £3 and is only 100 calories, but you can also get a tray of 6 Sweet Chilli prawn/carrot ones for £2 which has only 50 calories, and a 6 pack of Soy beef/vegetable ones for £2 at an incredulous 30 calories (and yes, I'm being serious - for the entire tray plus dips!).

Hope this helps!
Reply 2
Fantastic, all sounds far too good to be true! Especially about the dip, I'll be checking that small-print, that's for sure! Thank you, oh wise one
Reply 3
Original post by MelissaJayne
Fantastic, all sounds far too good to be true! Especially about the dip, I'll be checking that small-print, that's for sure! Thank you, oh wise one

High fives! Glad I was of some use. And yeah - I've checked and it genuinely IS that low calorie. But then again, it is just small wraps of thin, shredded veg, small pieces of lean meat wrapped in thin radish strips... but it tastes AMAZING.

They might not fill you up alone though, which is why I referred to them as a "lunch add-on", but like I said, you really do pay out the backside for it. Worth it if you've got the dosh to splosh.
Reply 4
Just had a bag of the Sweet & Salty popcorn at 80 kcal a bag. You have to try it, perfect balance between salt/sugary flavour which I really didn't see how was gonna work. I like to make sure I don't waste my numbers and that is 80 calories well spent!
Reply 5
You should try the other flavours of the popcorn too, they're pretty damned decent Melissa.
Reply 6
Yeah, went for cheese and onion tonight. I anticipated maybe a slightly lacking in flavour but again, was pleasantly suprised.
Reply 7
I love the m&s 'count on us' vegetable lasagne! x
Reply 8
Original post by LittleGee
I love the m&s 'count on us' vegetable lasagne! x

I was gonna buy this the other day! What's it like, portion size and all?
Reply 9
Original post by MelissaJayne
I was gonna buy this the other day! What's it like, portion size and all?

It doesnt look that big, but its actually really filling (well I thought it was) its got quite a few layers of pasta. The pasta is nice and theres loads of veg in it. Plenty of sauce.
If it doesnt fill you up you could always add some veg or salad with it.

I didnt buy it because I'm trying to be careful - I just wanted a veg lasagne, so in the end it was a bonus, I got what I wanted and it was low in calories! My boyfriend had chips with his, so that probably defeated the object!! x
Reply 10
Oh, and I absolutely love the "Fuller Longer" and the equivalent "Count on Us" Cod Mornay meal as well, it's like 300 calories, it's a fillet of cod in Mornay sauce, mashed potatoes, and a portion of peas, it's microwavable, and pretty damned filling. Good portion too.

If they don't have any of those I make a beeline for the Fuller for Longer Chargrill Chicken, Edamame bean, soya bean, pak choi miso noodles. 350 calories, big portion, EXCRUCIATINGLY delicious... (the one on the left of the first pic).

Reply 11
Original post by TotoMimo
Oh, and I absolutely love the "Fuller Longer" and the equivalent "Count on Us" Cod Mornay meal as well, it's like 300 calories, it's a fillet of cod in Mornay sauce, mashed potatoes, and a portion of peas, it's microwavable, and pretty damned filling. Good portion too.

This, so good.
These all sound delicious :frown: but our local M&S shut down like 2 months ago :frown: closest is 25 miles away dammit.
[QUOTE='rach [shikari];30618877']These all sound delicious :frown: but our local M&S shut down like 2 months ago :frown: closest is 25 miles away dammit.

Bad times. They really are too few M & S about. Especially in comparison to ASDA, Morrison, Tesco. I'm so praying the Uni I'm moving to in September has an M&S or I'll be devastated :frown:
i couldnt see the strawberry and white chocolate popcorn in my M&S. Has anyone tried the count on us deserts..the raspberry panna cotta, i am tempted but dont want to waste my money if its not! or what abount the frappe desert things?
Original post by TotoMimo

Hope this helps!

I love these
God damn I want those wraps!
I prefer the Count on Us lasagne to their normal range tbh. There's also this chicken on tomato sauce with basil mash thing, it's amazing :yum:
Reply 18
Tried the Strawberry and White Chocolate Popcorn (115cal per pack... and it's GORGEOUS), Chocolate and Pecan Popcorn (130 cals and DARLICIOUS), Apple and Cinnamon Popcorn Cakes (85 calories and phenomenal).

As for the desserts, the Berry Pannacotta, Strawberry Trifle, Triple Layer Mousse (inexplicably only usually found at the takeaway section), Chocolate Muffin dessert and Lemon Mousses in the Count on Us range actually taste better than a lot of full-fat desserts. They taste tremendous and are all between 90 and 155 calories a pop.
Reply 19
Low calorie obviously does not always equal worse taste then! Whenever I buy these sort of things people think I'm being weight concious. I'm not.

I'm being deliciously concious of taste. ;D

Has anyone tried the frapp's though? I've been curious for a while now but have been worried when reading on the list of ingredients 'saccharin.' Can anyone tell us if they have that saccharin sweet aftertaste or not?

Quick Reply

Latest