The Student Room Group

Save money on food and eating out

I'm living away from home for the first time and i'm looking to save money on eating - sick of noodles etc so does anyone have any tip/recipies links to cheap place to eat in Manchester? The cheaper the better, but no meat please - tasty places to eat would be great. - Thanks all!
Reply 1
BBC Good Food Guide has interesting and easy to follow recipes.

Learn to make sauces: roux, curry, stir-fry. Once you've got those, you can make a variety of meals. And you can freeze them as sauces or with other ingredients as meal portions.
Original post by Student40010
I'm living away from home for the first time and i'm looking to save money on eating - sick of noodles etc so does anyone have any tip/recipies links to cheap place to eat in Manchester? The cheaper the better, but no meat please - tasty places to eat would be great. - Thanks all!
From my experience, I find that cooking at home is much cheaper than eating out + healthier!
I’d say look into Cantonese cuisines as they tend to be cheap and delicious when cooking at home! I currently go out to my town to get ingredients like broccoli, lettuce, tomatoes, eggs, etc… and make the most amazing side dishes with rice for dinner every night.
Moreover I’d invest in an air fryer, rice cooker, or even a toaster to be able to make different types of foods from different sources.
Goodluck!

Quick Reply

Latest