The Student Room Group

Boots uniform

Started working at boots today was wondering if anyone knows when I receive my uniform bc I haven’t Been told anything ab that so far.
Original post by ana9373
Started working at boots today was wondering if anyone knows when I receive my uniform bc I haven’t Been told anything ab that so far.

Ana

When you filled out your uniform order whether you have done this already prior to starting or perhaps today then sometimes but not always it's there for you which you first start with boots
Obviously you haven't got it today with you asking about it then it could take anytime upto 6 weeks for it to come to your store as they have to make your name badge on when itsi ordered up by the manager.

Speak to your manager about it and get it sorted out ok

Boots employee
Reply 2
Thanks really appreciate it, I haven’t been told anything about uniform so far and todays my second day so hopefully they do mention something. Haven’t filled out a form yet either. Do you have any ideas on what I could wear for the time being as I’m not entirely sure
Original post by Littleemma98
Ana

When you filled out your uniform order whether you have done this already prior to starting or perhaps today then sometimes but not always it's there for you which you first start with boots
Obviously you haven't got it today with you asking about it then it could take anytime upto 6 weeks for it to come to your store as they have to make your name badge on when itsi ordered up by the manager.

Speak to your manager about it and get it sorted out ok

Boots employee
Original post by ana9373
Thanks really appreciate it, I haven’t been told anything about uniform so far and todays my second day so hopefully they do mention something. Haven’t filled out a form yet either. Do you have any ideas on what I could wear for the time being as I’m not entirely sure

Ana
No worries okay about trying to help you out with this.

I take it you are full-time permanent staff who obviously just started the job with boots ....
I'm surprised that you have not yet filled out anything about your uniform.

I think that you need to perhaps soras with your manager about ordering your uniform io okay.

Best thing to wear in the meantime would be a white top / blouse with black trousers and flat comfortable shoes. As that is what majority of new staff wears until they get there uniform .
I got my Boots Badge within a week, but no uniform yet
Original post by Invernessrossie
I got my Boots Badge within a week, but no uniform yet

Hi rossie 😌

Welcome to the boots family and hope you are enjoying your job there so far ☺️☺️☺️ it might take longer than usual to come to you especially if you are up in the Highlands capital of Inverness.

I wouldn't panic about your uniform not being available yet for you as it's down to the manufacturer's that boots uses that causes the delay ( dimensions) as they have been very slow in supplying uniforms recently.
Your name badge usually comes up from head office in Nottingham so you normally have that very quickly.
I work in looe branch in Cornwall
Thanks
I work in looe branch in Cornwall
Thanks

No worries 🙂

Just with a name like Inverness I just thought you were from there okay.

Wow beautiful Cornwall....🥰 Nice place to work.
Anyway I hope you will enjoy working with boots and you'll go on and learn lots of things with them, you could perhaps always ask your manager if they have any promotional t-shirts in the store room that you can perhaps wear until you get your uniform rather than using own clothing ( normally big stores will have some on a shelve) .

Best wishes with the job.
Thanks,
I got 2 tunics on Saturday but they are abit tight around my bust, I even went up 2 sizes bigger, hopefully they can get another 2 in a bigger size, mean while the others will do.
Thanks,
I got 2 tunics on Saturday but they are abit tight around my bust, I even went up 2 sizes bigger, hopefully they can get another 2 in a bigger size, mean while the others will do.

You are welcome 🤗

Great news about your tunics and hopefully trouser as well. Yeah unfortunately usually everyone has to go up a few sizes because of the way dimensions makes them. I was told that they supposed to be a lovely fit.... I am about 4 sizes up than I should be as well as I have tried every size above my own until I felt comfortable in them.

Sounds like you are having to go up even bigger until you feel comfortable in them as you should be able to bend over and stretch up without your uniform being tight but yes you need some room.

I would worry about them being tight at the moment but beware of them busting with them being a bit tighter than they should be......

Hope you are enjoying it ☺️
Original post by Littleemma98
You are welcome 🤗

Great news about your tunics and hopefully trouser as well. Yeah unfortunately usually everyone has to go up a few sizes because of the way dimensions makes them. I was told that they supposed to be a lovely fit.... I am about 4 sizes up than I should be as well as I have tried every size above my own until I felt comfortable in them.

Sounds like you are having to go up even bigger until you feel comfortable in them as you should be able to bend over and stretch up without your uniform being tight but yes you need some room.

I would worry about them being tight at the moment but beware of them busting with them being a bit tighter than they should be......

Hope you are enjoying it ☺️

Hi
Yes it's my month anniversary on Saturday, wow that has gone very fast, also first wages tomorrow, bank balance will be healthy again....
All staff are nice , manager is wonderful, I'm not getting their trousers they don't look comfy, I have bought my own from m&s which are great.
Cheers
Rossie
Hi
Yes it's my month anniversary on Saturday, wow that has gone very fast, also first wages tomorrow, bank balance will be healthy again....
All staff are nice , manager is wonderful, I'm not getting their trousers they don't look comfy, I have bought my own from m&s which are great.
Cheers
Rossie

Hi Rossie x

Wow you wouldn't think how quickly time goes by when you are working ❤️.
Time goes quickly when you are always busy like as can be boring if time goes slowly.

It's great to be paid for the work you are doing.... hopefully you won't spend it all at once as have to last a month.

Yeah it is great to hear that you have a healthy bank account and you need to try and keep it that way 😀

That's brilliant that you are working with a great bunch of staff at boots and also having a good manager makes you feel good when there.
Yes sometimes people find that there are issues with the trousers provided and they buy similar to what you would be issued with. They are not always the most comfortable to wear. I have a few pairs from M&S or other shops just for back up. Have you mentioned that they are not comfortable on you as they could exchange them for you if they are too tight....!!

I'm pleased you are liking it there 😊😊

Cheers

Emma xx

You can always PM message me if you want to ok.....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending