The Student Room Group

Sweet or savoury breakfast?

Poll

Sweet or savoury breakfast foods?

In the spirit of the breakfast hurt/heal game by @Saracen's Fez, I'm curious: do you prefer sweet or savoury foods for breakfast? Thus far, sweet foods have won most often!

Scroll to see replies

Ooh, don't make me choose! It depends what mood I'm in :lol:
Sweet. I like to eat müsli, cereals or rolls with jam. I never changed this routine.
Reply 3
A mix. Boiled egg, Full grained bread with salted butter and fig jam all washed down with a double expresso.
Original post by penguingirl18
In the spirit of the breakfast hurt/heal game by @Saracen's Fez, I'm curious: do you prefer sweet or savoury foods for breakfast? Thus far, sweet foods have won most often!

Would you camembert with cramberries count to sweet or savoury? Camambert is a cheese with mild taste, cranberries have a sweet flavour.
Original post by Kallisto
Would you camembert with cramberries count to sweet or savoury? Camambert is a cheese with mild taste, cranberries have a sweet flavour.

Hmm - I suppose predominantly sweet?
Original post by Saracen's Fez
Ooh, don't make me choose! It depends what mood I'm in :lol:

Original post by Euapp
A mix. Boiled egg, Full grained bread with salted butter and fig jam all washed down with a double expresso.

I should have added a poll option for "both" :lol: :colondollar:
(edited 9 months ago)
wow a poll that's exactly 50/50!! (for the moment at least)
Original post by spill_the_tea
wow a poll that's exactly 50/50!! (for the moment at least)

haha I voted so now it’s not
sweet bc I have cereal nearly every day unless it’s a special occassion
Reply 10
Original post by agent_duck343
haha I voted so now it’s not

I’ve voted now, so back to 50/50!!😂
Hmm - I suppose predominantly sweet?

I am not so sure. A savoury cheese in contrast to sweet berries... rather think that it is a draw! :biggrin:
definitely more sweet. not going to eat sausage and eggs every day a. cause i dont have the money and b. i get bored of it even on holiday when its pre paid for lmao. plain cereal or a bagel or crumpets with a glass of milk for me.
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 13
Original post by elletheresa
definitely more sweet. not going to eat sausage and eggs every day a. cause i dont have the money and b. i get bored of it even on holiday when its pre paid for lmao. plain cereal or a bagel or crumpets with a glass of milk for me.

But what is in the bagel? That could be savoury.And a poached egg on toast is as well and costs about 30p if free range. You don’t need the sausage and bacon every morning. Far healthier than most sugar spiked cereals that end up leaving you feeling hungry two hours later.
Sweet only for convenience, really. If I'm preparing breakfast, it's nearly always savoury - I even prefer savoury porridge and have done since I was really young.
Original post by black tea
Sweet only for convenience, really. If I'm preparing breakfast, it's nearly always savoury - I even prefer savoury porridge and have done since I was really young.

What do you add to savoury porridge? I've heard of that but never tried it.
What do you add to savoury porridge? I've heard of that but never tried it.

If we are talking oat porridge, just salt +/- butter - made with water rather than milk
Original post by black tea
If we are talking oat porridge, just salt +/- butter - made with water rather than milk

Oh, interesting. I've had plain porridge with milk but never just butter. Unsweetened porridge is nice, I agree.
Savoury for me
Original post by Euapp
But what is in the bagel? That could be savoury.And a poached egg on toast is as well and costs about 30p if free range. You don’t need the sausage and bacon every morning. Far healthier than most sugar spiked cereals that end up leaving you feeling hungry two hours later.

i never have anything "in" my bagel. plain bagel with butter, or cinnamon and raisin with butter. i also dont have time to make eggs, and agree you dont need a full english every day. i also haven't had cereal in months, and prior to that i only had weetabix.

Quick Reply

Latest