The Student Room Group

mechanics 2 help

Hi,
Can someone please do the following questions for me:
Q) Find the sum of the moments about P of the forces shown in the following questions:

q6.png

q10.png
Original post by raheem94
Hi,
Can someone please do the following questions for me:
Q) Find the sum of the moments about P of the forces shown in the following questions:

q6.png

q10.png

We don't 'do' questions for others on here - this isn't a homework service! We can only help you become unstuck after you've shown us some working. These are fairly basic questions on moments so if you can't do them, it'd be best to refer back to your textbook.
Reply 2
Original post by Farhan.Hanif93
We don't 'do' questions for others on here - this isn't a homework service! We can only help you become unstuck after you've shown us some working. These are fairly basic questions on moments so if you can't do them, it'd be best to refer back to your textbook.

I understand these to be basic questions of m2. But the problem is that i am not getting the answer which is given in the book for the 2nd question. By looking at the solution i think that a mistake has been made in the solution bank.

I have now got the correct answer for the 1st question so no need to try that.
The answer of the 2nd question in the book is 2.07Nm anticlockwise but my answer is 2.40Nm.
I didn't show the working because this is a short question.
I understand these to be basic questions of m2. But the problem is that i am not getting the answer which is given in the book for the 2nd question. By looking at the solution i think that a mistake has been made in the solution bank.

The answer of the 2nd question in the book is 2.07Nm anticlockwise but my answer is 2.40Nm.

The second question is nonsense .... ignore it.

Bit of a rush yesterday hence the previous short answer .... look at the triangle in Question 2 ....... you are given two sides of 6m and 5m and two angles of 40 degrees and 122 degrees ..... a quick check with the sine rule shows that such a triangle does not exist !!! This is why you have a different answer ...
Unfortunately the new M2 book is littered with such disgraceful errors ... I cannot understand how a mathematician can write a question and publish it in a book without realising the such a basic error has been made!
Maths is about rigour, unfortunately this author is not!

cheers.

Quick Reply

Latest