The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

That is one ugly mofo. I imagine it looks nicer IRL regarding the stripe, but from the front it already looks like it has a cheap case on.
Original post by silent ninja
So yeah, specs are specs but no amount of specs will make Android smooth and fluid. Not for now at least. Are we waiting for ice cream?

Ice Cream will bring H/W acceleration.

SPB Shell 3D does the same. :smile:
Reply 4662
Anyone know when the playstation app is out really want some ps1 games on my phone.
Reply 4663
Original post by mikeyd85
Ice Cream will bring H/W acceleration.

SPB Shell 3D does the same. :smile:

ETA on Ice Cream?

Original post by x01
Anyone know when the playstation app is out really want
some ps1 games on my phone.

Get an emulator? They've been available for age now...
Reply 4664
Yeah I want the official one, the PSX emulator has been pulled from the app store. I know you can still get it from other places but don't mind paying for some games as it's only going to be one or two I will get.
Do HTC release a new Android Phone every week now? =/
Original post by bigmo7
ETA on Ice Cream?

Q4 2011.
Original post by G8D
Why complain?

There's no longevity to their Android Devices, You could buy the latest and greatest and then see them put out a new model in a month.

Not to mention the fact that they're hardly going to keep providing updates for all of these models that have got out.
They left my Hero to rot with 2.1. Bastards.
Any know if the the HTC Legend will get 2.3?
Original post by G8D
I doubt it tbh.

Didn't think it would. Phones have moved so fast since mine came out :frown:
Reply 4671
Original post by mikeyd85
Q4 2011.

That's so far away! :nooo:

Original post by G8D
Why complain?

Exactly, I always thought choice was a good thing...
Original post by TheCasual
Didn't think it would. Phones have moved so fast since mine came out :frown:

Cyanogen 7 is out for the Legend....
Original post by Installation

Original post by Installation
That is one ugly mofo. I imagine it looks nicer IRL regarding the stripe, but from the front it already looks like it has a cheap case on.

Meh, I know it will feel and somewhat look like a premium product when I hold it in my hand, however I dont' really like the design either. But then again, I didn't like the design of the Nexus 1 until i got one; I love it now.
Original post by G8D
The Legend never really took off like most HTC phones.

Yeah, I know who has it. I think it got over shadowed by the Desire, which is a pitty because its a good phone in its own right
Incredible S or Desire HD ?
Leaning towards the Incredible S because of the battery. They have virtually the same specs. Please no comments telling me wait for the next gen phones as they will be out of my price range.
Original post by G8D
I'd say Incredible S, is it going for cheaper than the Desire S?

Though I do prefer the styling of the DHD :beard:

Will be a bit more I think.
SGSII looks promising: http://tinyurl.com/6dazkfx

Impressive, and it is retailing at alot less than previously thought ~£499 as opposed to ~£599 not cheap, but better than expected!

Though all retailers still list it as 1ghz dual core instead of the 1.2ghz dual core that was announced....
Reply 4679

I think the SGSII has probably had a better reception that the HTC phones launched recently...

I'm not one to care about quadrant scores but in this case I will make an exception.

Edit: Didn't realise the link about was the same as mine :colondollar:
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending