The Student Room Group
Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London

Goldsmiths firmers - 2011 Entry!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
yeah, I originally applied to fine art but they all reckon I'm too young and should do a foundation, but that's all given me a chance to have a think career-wise; history of art in the way forward :smile: ooh, was close! :smile:
Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London
Reply 61
Original post by sleepinglessons
I've just firmed my Anthropology offer! Still need to apply for accomodation, though. I was thinking about Loring Hall, because I can't see myself sharing a bathroom with that many people, but my mum just thinks I'm stuck up if I say that :tongue:

I might well see you in class! I've got an offer that I've already achieved the grades for as I'm a mature student doing an Access course.

Waiting for one more offer before I make the decision though. Is anyone else a mature student at all..?
Original post by badapples
I might well see you in class! I've got an offer that I've already achieved the grades for as I'm a mature student doing an Access course.

Waiting for one more offer before I make the decision though. Is anyone else a mature student at all..?

sorry to butt in...i'm not a mature student but i would just like to say that the amount of mature students at goldsmiths (i think it is about 50%) is what draws me to the place even more. when they say 'mature' i think most people immediately assume someone who is middle aged, which may well be the case, but 21 isn't exactly mature. i think it creates a better mix of people and a lot of the time i get on better with people slightly older than myself. how old are you may i ask? i don't mean to sound rude there by the way.
Reply 63
Original post by natalieisrevising
sorry to butt in...i'm not a mature student but i would just like to say that the amount of mature students at goldsmiths (i think it is about 50%) is what draws me to the place even more. when they say 'mature' i think most people immediately assume someone who is middle aged, which may well be the case, but 21 isn't exactly mature. i think it creates a better mix of people and a lot of the time i get on better with people slightly older than myself. how old are you may i ask? i don't mean to sound rude there by the way.

No worries, you're certainly not being rude. I'm 24 which I know isn't too old and frankly it doesn't worry me, but I would like to have people round who are nearer my own age.

Been to uni once already yer see, so on my return I'm aiming to work hard and not smash it every night like most others will be. That's why I was curious about other mature students, as I assumed they might be more likely to be thinking like I am.

Thanks for the stats, 50% seems high! What are you studying?
Reply 64

I wanted to quote the same person as you but then I realised you said just exactly what I wanted :rolleyes:

I guess I am a mature student too, being 22 when school starts.

On another note, the application for halls opens on Thursday, have anyone made up their mind of where you would want to go? (:
No worries, you're certainly not being rude. I'm 24 which I know isn't too old and frankly it doesn't worry me, but I would like to have people round who are nearer my own age.

Been to uni once already yer see, so on my return I'm aiming to work hard and not smash it every night like most others will be. That's why I was curious about other mature students, as I assumed they might be more likely to be thinking like I am.

Thanks for the stats, 50% seems high! What are you studying?

i'll be studying history. i can't wait. and 24 isn't old at all. i don't even think anyone will pick out the 'mature' students in a room. i am hopeless with knowing how old a person looks :colondollar::biggrin:

will you be living in halls or do you live in london? :smile:
Original post by skyja
I wanted to quote the same person as you but then I realised you said just exactly what I wanted :rolleyes:

I guess I am a mature student too, being 22 when school starts.

On another note, the application for halls opens on Thursday, have anyone made up their mind of where you would want to go? (:

i am going to apply to the standard halls. if i could pick then i would choose surrey house. it looks really nice.

what haalls do you want? are you moving far away?
Reply 67
i am going to apply to the standard halls. if i could pick then i would choose surrey house. it looks really nice.

what haalls do you want? are you moving far away?

I'm moving from Iceland so quite so, yes (:
What about you?

I am most likely going for ensuite halls, have three in mind but not sure how to rank them. And oh, last year they were able to rank their preferences from 1-7 if they wanted to, so I guess we should have that opportunity too :smile:

I'm a maturee too. I'll be 25 when I start in September.
I'm mature as well! Will be 21 in September. The youngest of the mature probably.
I just emailed back my application for accommodation. I put Chesterman as number one followed by Loring as number two. You don't hear back until July though but hopefully that's the final bit of waiting!!
Reply 71
Just emailed my application, Loring Hall first choice! Anyone else the same?
I just sent off my application too! Surrey House as number one and Loring as number two. I really hope I'll get a place heh, I'm kinda doubtful since I already live in London..
Reply 73
I'm not sure if anyone has already asked this, but with the accomodation is it first come first serve? :smile:
Reply 74
Original post by nerd123
I'm not sure if anyone has already asked this, but with the accomodation is it first come first serve? :smile:

Basically, although if you already have an unconditional they will sort you out first because you already have the grades. Even so they don't start allocating places until June I think. Are you still in sixth form?
Reply 75
Original post by Bimmo
Basically, although if you already have an unconditional they will sort you out first because you already have the grades. Even so they don't start allocating places until June I think. Are you still in sixth form?

Argh that is so annoying :tongue: still haven't made my decisions on unis yet/being reconsidered for a different course on one so wont hear for a while, booo :tongue:
Yep, college - how about you?
Reply 76
Original post by nerd123
Argh that is so annoying :tongue: still haven't made my decisions on unis yet/being reconsidered for a different course on one so wont hear for a while, booo :tongue:
Yep, college - how about you?

Yeah I am coming towards the end of my gap year with an unconditional offer for English. Can't believe how **** it has been, just been stuck working in an office for most of it, been able to read loads though :smile:. What are you looking to do at Goldsmiths? What are you predicted/ got at AS?
Reply 77
Original post by Bimmo
Just emailed my application, Loring Hall first choice! Anyone else the same?

Im applying for Loring House as first preference too! Then Chesterman and Dean. Gonna send my application tomorrow!
Reply 78
Original post by mmela
Im applying for Loring House as first preference too! Then Chesterman and Dean. Gonna send my application tomorrow!

Yeah think Chesterman is my 2nd, think :/ ...Can't really remember. Where abouts you from?
Why is Loring so popular?! I'm questioning my choices now!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending