The Student Room Group

the best university for studying law

Please I need a mate who can enlighten me of that which is the best University for studying LAW. I am student of University of Portsmouth and I would like to transfer to University of Law, however I would like to know if that is going to be a smart decision or not, as my University have a very strong Academic Background and our tutors are the top of the top.
Reply 1
Cambridge and Oxford take 50% of the training contracts and London: LSE, UCL, KCL, SOAS, QMUL, City, Goldsmiths, RHUL and Birbeck take up another 25% of the training contracts followed by Bristol, Nottingham, Durham, Warwick, York, Lancaster, Manchester, Leeds, Sussex, Newcastle and Glasgow. The rest are lucky to get into the top 150 firms, with their results being a high 1st class degree and a LLM. :smile:
Original post by thegeek888
Cambridge and Oxford take 50% of the training contracts and London: LSE, UCL, KCL, SOAS, QMUL, City, Goldsmiths, RHUL and Birbeck take up another 25% of the training contracts followed by Bristol, Nottingham, Durham, Warwick, York, Lancaster, Manchester, Leeds, Sussex, Newcastle and Glasgow. The rest are lucky to get into the top 150 firms, with their results being a high 1st class degree and a LLM. :smile:

What would my chances be in a top law firm if I was to go SOAS or City? And which university fares better when it comes to securing TC’s?
Original post by 1nayahhh
What would my chances be in a top law firm if I was to go SOAS or City? And which university fares better when it comes to securing TC’s?
SOAS graduates gain Masters Law degree offers from Oxford's elite BCL degree and at Cambridge University too. SOAS has the better reputation because they have a higher entry requirement of AAA and you can get into City with just BBB. But if you go to City there is no reason why you can't get into a top 50 law firm.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending