The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

HTC Wildfire.
-- Note: if you are on official Android 2.2.1 release by HTC, or, are on HBoot 1.x (Turn off Phone, Press Vol Down + Power, you will see your HBoot version), your phone is not rootable by any software methods yet. The only way is to find someone with an XTC Clip hardware device, get S-OFF and then root. Refer these pages:
Original post by RightSaidJames
HTC Wildfire.

Yet.... still pretty brutal!
I'm getting a new phone tomorrow. Is there anyway/apps I could get my contacts from my HTC to my new phone? I'll be on a different network as well.
Original post by Kevin J
I'm getting a new phone tomorrow. Is there anyway/apps I could get my contacts from my HTC to my new phone? I'll be on a different network as well.

Google does this automatically assuming you have your contacts set to "Google". As soon as you sign in on the new device, your contacts will be downloaded for you.
Original post by G8D
Sony or Sammy tablet?!?!?

Samsung. Sony = Fail.

:zomg:

If only. I call BS.

brb, phone still on 2.1.
oh hai all :biggrin:
Welcome :colone:
I fail to see why it's any concern of the carrier which version of Android their users are using on their handsets.
Original post by G8D
You can't force bloatware without control.

True say.
I am going to get a new android phone on thurs :biggrin: Which one should I buy?
Original post by blueray
I am going to get a new android phone on thurs :biggrin: Which one should I buy?

This depends entirely on your budget ...
My phone refuses to send texts to one person.

I can receive texts from them. And I've tried deleting them as a contact and re-entering them.

I sent them 3 texts fine, and then it stopped sending texts. They got a new number. I sent 3 texts to that, then it stopped working. Suggestions?
Original post by greeneyedgirl
My phone refuses to send texts to one person.

I can receive texts from them. And I've tried deleting them as a contact and re-entering them.

I sent them 3 texts fine, and then it stopped sending texts. They got a new number. I sent 3 texts to that, then it stopped working. Suggestions?

Bizarre... What messaging app you using?
Original post by Mad Vlad
Bizarre... What messaging app you using?

Just the one which came with my SanFran

It works fine with everyone else, just this one person... :afraid:
Just the one which came with my SanFran

It works fine with everyone else, just this one person... :afraid:

Try it with Handcent or something like that... just to see if it sends.
Original post by Mad Vlad
Try it with Handcent or something like that... just to see if it sends.

It sends while the contact is deleted...just as soon as I add it to contacts again it stops sending (this is normally, not with handcent)
It sends while the contact is deleted...just as soon as I add it to contacts again it stops sending (this is normally, not with handcent)

Do you sync your contacts with Google?

Latest

Trending

Trending