The Student Room Group

POST HERE For Discussion About The DEATH OF OSAMA BIN LADEN (Updated)

Scroll to see replies

(Cow)boys will be (cow)boys
When someone's shooting at you and refusing to surrender you don't get the same choices that you do on the street with the police.
To be honest, whatever they did would have had negative consequences. It probably wasn't the best thing to do, but it wasn't the worst either. I mean, Saddam Hussain was trialled and executed, and that didn't make Iraqi's love us...
It's a no win situation imo.
From what I've gathered, that ultimatum was given. Amazingly the man behind one of the most horrific terror attacks in history wasn't inclined to handing himself over for a trial.

I'd have shot him on sight anyway. Mainly because the likelihood of retaliation in the form of killings/kidnappings would be very high, but also because he deserved it.
Reply 1425
Completely agree that capturing Bin Laden would've caused huge problems for the United States, but I still can't condone executions.
Original post by Steevee
Because, you know, it wasn't a firefight or anything... :rolleyes:

Stun grenades and tranquillizer darts.
Capturing him could have helped us unmask the vast al Qaeda network. But since they killed him and buried his body at sea almost immediately...

Shouts "conspiracy!" with a megaphone... :ninja:
Original post by Hamesh
Yes, I can understand where you're coming from bro. However, given the circumstance, that this very man is associated with such an unparalleled image of being a direct sponsor of terror around the globe & one that has fuelled questions over his existence this past decade; the fact that a lack of evidence of his actual death has not been forwarded would always open a lot of questions.

More to the point, imagine if this story were to occur without the media including the internet or Obama giving coverage over Osama's death but instead you heard it from a friend, a natural inclination would be to suggest your friend was lying & to examine visual evidence of it being the case. If there wasn't enough believable evidence, you would consider it as hearsay which can be said at this moment. It's just that we are hearing it from a President.

You could raise the question why would President Obama take such a risk of providing hearsay and rightly so? He most likely isn't, however, he hasn't given a credible amount of information to satisfy our natural inclination. Until then, a lot of skepticism remains.

But the thing is there is evidence and more coming in, there were eyewitness and more info will be coming in about DNA and face recognition. I understand that people are still on the fence but to make ridiculous claims that he's still alive without any evidence is just as wrong.
Original post by Alex Jones
Henry kissinsgers right hand man while he was sec. of state and MANY other said that OBL died years ago and have been keeping his body for years and would show the world eventually

Henry Kissinger..The definiton of the Criminal of War..This man was as evil and paranoic as Hitler was and the same cruel.He was responsible for 3 wars!!His speaches on the news made me wanna punch him..
Original post by Cheesecakefactory

....are, in a military sense, almost entirely fictional. Stop watching James Bond films as if they're documentaries.
You've said that every other post for bloody ages Alex Jones, yet you give no proof. at all.

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Original post by L i b
Completely agree that capturing Bin Laden would've caused huge problems for the United States, but I still can't condone executions.

I don't disagree, but there was no way he'd let the US take him alive. If it wasn't an American bullet that killed him, it would have been his own.
Reply 1433
Original post by Guy Secretan
It's kind of cool how they buried him at sea like the mafia or something. Al zarqawi, Sadam Hussein, bin laden and hopefully gadafi they all end up dead in some way or other it's how every story ends. Maybe they will realize they will never win against the USA.

I am not always for such displays of capital punishment but in these cases and few others i think that the problems they have caused not only for the west but for musilms living in their own country's deserves it.

And yes, they are truly "boneheaded" if they think that they can defeat the west but I strongly believe that it is only a small minority of deluded individuals who want to over throw major governments, the majority of extremists seem to just want to disrupt ways of life so as to attract attention to their cause be it the plight of the west bank, prisoners or occupation of countries.
Original post by Rivaldo_23
Henry Kissinger..The definiton of the Criminal of War..This man was as evil and paranoic as Hitler was and the same cruel.He was responsible for 3 wars!!His speaches on the news made me wanna punch him..

Yep.

Evil globalist.Wants population reduction aswell.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1435
Personally woulda chopped his balls off and left him there but...
Yea the right thing.
Original post by Cheesecakefactory

Uh-huh, uh-huh. And you have any idea about real military missions, as opposed to just, you know, films and TV and stuff? :rolleyes:
Reply 1437
Whatever the truth behind it is, he was not killed on 1st May.
Reply 1438
If you're revelling in the death of another human being - no matter what that human being has done - then you're as evil and cruel as the worst of their actions.

When I see the baying crowds of patriotic, flag-waving cretins I'm filled with as much, if not more digust as I was on "9/11". These people claim to be civilised, and yet they're nothing more than a mob at a public execution.

The murder of Osama (if, indeed, he was killed) is nothing to be celebrated. Murder should never be celebrated, and it should not be legal for any country to kill anyone, ever.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending