The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4940
Original post by G8D
Jelly.

Shame about the resolution though.

I guess it is, not the end of the world though...the super AMOLED plus screen still looks amazing. I'm not sure why it doesn't have the same screen resolution as the Sensation. :K:
Reply 4941
Original post by bigmo7

:dice:

This phone is amazing, no lag whatsoever and even on stock its so functional. Touchwiz 4 isn't even that bad anymore...I think the only problem is I might get a bit bored if there isn't anything to fix :p:

Mine has been dispatched and should be with me tomorrow :biggrin: How are you finding the battery life? My Orange San Francisco can only get around 12 hours with medium use.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4942
Original post by RedGuy
Mine has been dispatched and should be with me tomorrow :biggrin: How are you finding the battery life? My Orange San Francisco can only get around 12 hours with medium use.

I used it quite heavily today, managed to stay around 50% by the end. It's so thin and light, I was comparing it to the DHD and me and my mate couldn't believe it. Samsung have done a good job with this phone, some nifty features included too.
Reply 4943
Original post by bigmo7
I used it quite heavily today, managed to stay around 50% by the end. It's so thin and light, I was comparing it to the DHD and me and my mate couldn't believe it. Samsung have done a good job with this phone, some nifty features included too.

Nice. I finally went with an 18 month contract instead of a 24 months contract. 24 months just seems too long, and I am willing to pay a bit more for 18.

http://www.buymobilephones.net/mobile-phones/Samsung/Samsung-Galaxy-S-II/T-Mobile/T-Mobile-25-(18mths)-inc.-Internet/9637475
Reply 4944
Original post by RedGuy
Nice. I finally went with an 18 month contract instead of a 24 months contract. 24 months just seems too long, and I am willing to pay a bit more for 18.

http://www.buymobilephones.net/mobile-phones/Samsung/Samsung-Galaxy-S-II/T-Mobile/T-Mobile-25-(18mths)-inc.-Internet/9637475

That's not bad, I went with the cheapest O2 contract I could find and put my Tesco SIM card in, the contract works out ~£320 over the two years but I don't intend on keeping it for that long...might pay it off as soon as the cashback comes through. :biggrin:
Original post by alex_hk90

Original post by alex_hk90
Thanks for the detailed reply. :smile: I've actually been using custom ROMs since I got my phone about half a year ago as well, but just didn't know why they wanted to prevent people from doing so.

That's great. Glad I could help :smile:

Original post by G8D
Rooting doesn't make pirating apps any easier... this isn't IOS.

Can you pirate an application off of your phone without rooting?
Original post by bigmo7

Original post by bigmo7

:dice:

This phone is amazing, no lag whatsoever and even on stock its so functional. Touchwiz 4 isn't even that bad anymore...I think the only problem is I might get a bit bored if there isn't anything to fix :p:

There's always hacking and installing ROMs/kernels :wink: I honestly can't wait until they come over here to the states.
Original post by G8D
Rooting doesn't make pirating apps any easier... this isn't IOS.

Yeah it does. Some times. For instance, no need SU to disable the licence check part of SPB Shell 3D.

Edit: Or to enable side loading of apps in the first place if your carrier is a dick.

Doubledit:

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4949
Samsung Galaxy S II arrived today. Been playing around with it and decided to fire up a benchmark test. :eek:

Original post by G8D
Yes. You can install APK files with ease on most phones as standard.

I said off of. As in, paying for the App though the marketplace, removing it and cracking it, then refunding the application for the refund, effectively stealing it. That's what people are doing.

Installing an application doesn't' really rely on root access if it isn't a root centric application.
if you order it from the vodafone website, as opposed to getting it in carphone warehouse, will you get ugly badges on it?
Reply 4952
Original post by Young Spade
There's always hacking and installing ROMs/kernels :wink: I honestly can't wait until they come over here to the states.

Yeah but with a phone like this which has fixed a lot of things over say the SGS it's gonna be a bit harder. I'll deffo root it and get a custom rom but what else? OC/UV maybe? :p:

Original post by mikeyd85
Yeah it does. Some times. For instance, no need SU to disable the licence check part of SPB Shell 3D.

Edit: Or to enable side loading of apps in the first place if your carrier is a dick.

Doubledit:

Spoiler

Is that legit or is using something like stagefright (dunno if you've ever heard of it or not) to boost the score? :p:
Original post by bigmo7

Original post by bigmo7
Yeah but with a phone like this which has fixed a lot of things over say the SGS it's gonna be a bit harder. I'll deffo root it and get a custom rom but what else? OC/UV maybe? :p:

Meh, there are always improvements to be made. Of course rooting it will be a priority to download the applications that I like, however OC/UV is a definite plus; overclocking each core to 1.4 would provide a huge increase in speed. Albeit the battery life would go straight down the drain.

Original post by G8D
But that's a lot of effort when you can just go online and get it...

But the people have to get it from somewhere don't they? I mean, of course you could just go download an application and steal it the easy way, however if it isn't a very popular application you might have to go get it yourself.
Reply 4955
Original post by Young Spade
Meh, there are always improvements to be made. Of course rooting it will be a priority to download the applications that I like, however OC/UV is a definite plus; overclocking each core to 1.4 would provide a huge increase in speed. Albeit the battery life would go straight down the drain.

Yeah it's already rooted now :p: That's one thing that I couldn't live without...
Original post by bigmo7
Yeah it's already rooted now :p: That's one thing that I couldn't live without...

8am yeh :biggrin:
Reply 4957
Original post by jermaindefoe
8am yeh :biggrin:

Tell me about it, so far this week I've got up this early everyday! :biggrin:
Original post by G8D
If an app isn't popular on Android then it's usually not worth having.

This. In my experience, there's barely any apps that I've wanted that haven't had over 100000 downloads.
Original post by bigmo7
Is that legit or is using something like stagefright (dunno if you've ever heard of it or not) to boost the score? :p:

No idea tbh. The OP of the ROM where the screenshot came from put up very little (like he uploaded and created the thread on XDA in 2 minutes) and hasn't really been seen since. Not many people have used his ROM either, the only person who has reported back says he gets circa 3000 points. I'd try it myself, but I don't want to invalidate the warantee after all the issues I've had with my Optimus 2x.

Latest

Trending

Trending