The Student Room Group

A2 Edexcel 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by INeedToRevise
Thank youu :smile:
Really helpful :smile:

Original post by pandaboo92
you are a sainttt!! i have a clinical mock exam tommorw and i've nooo idea how its gunna be laid out or how to revise for it..Thank you!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: <3

No problem to you both :smile:
I know how it feels, my Psych teacher gave us no idea at all as to the layout, so this really helped me. He didn't even tell us that we get a choice of questions for the 18 marker!!
Reply 61
thank you you're a life saver!!!:smile::smile::smile::smile:
Original post by liveee
thank you you're a life saver!!!:smile::smile::smile::smile:

:biggrin: Glad to help
Original post by briesandwich
Unfortunately Edexcel have this stupid lock for all 2010 exam papers on their website. :rolleyes: Most likely for those people who are having to resit and such like. I'm assuming you're at college, so if you go into your exams office they usually have a password to be able to unlock them and print them off for you. :smile:

thankz 4 trying
my stupid skul wnt gve uz it
Results time!

I got 22/30 for my criminal mock, which I don't think is too bad considering we hadn't been taught the difference between SLT and SFP. I know what I need to focus on now =)

Child mock Wednesday!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by lozzyhickers
Results time!

I got 22/30 for my criminal mock, which I don't think is too bad considering we hadn't been taught the difference between SLT and SFP. I know what I need to focus on now =)

Child mock Wednesday!

Well done :smile: That is really good. We haven't done any mocks :confused:
Oh and you know for issues and debates, when you were looking at the ethical guidelines for humans and non humans, which studies did you look at. You are supposed to look at Milgram right? What was your other study?
:smile:
Well done :smile: That is really good. We haven't done any mocks :confused:
Oh and you know for issues and debates, when you were looking at the ethical guidelines for humans and non humans, which studies did you look at. You are supposed to look at Milgram right? What was your other study?
:smile:

If you want you can do some of the questions that i've posted :smile:
I'm a little worried now, as we looked at Gottesman and Hhields for humans, not Milgram :s-smilie: But I do know a lot about Milgram anyway.
For animals we did Randrup and Mankvad
If you want you can do some of the questions that i've posted :smile:
I'm a little worried now, as we looked at Gottesman and Hhields for humans, not Milgram :s-smilie: But I do know a lot about Milgram anyway.
For animals we did Randrup and Mankvad

Yeah, I'm planning on doing them :smile: Just got to revise everything first. I think if I got told that we were told we are going to be doing a mock then it would make me revise more. Right now, I keep just putting revision off for psych.

I swear my teacher said that you have to learn Milgram for the one of the studies. Maybe I'm just imagining it haha, wouldn't be the first time.
Cool. I think we did Harlow's Monkeys :s-smilie: Really don't like that study. Doesn't stick at all.
Yeah, I'm planning on doing them :smile: Just got to revise everything first. I think if I got told that we were told we are going to be doing a mock then it would make me revise more. Right now, I keep just putting revision off for psych.

I swear my teacher said that you have to learn Milgram for the one of the studies. Maybe I'm just imagining it haha, wouldn't be the first time.
Cool. I think we did Harlow's Monkeys :s-smilie: Really don't like that study. Doesn't stick at all.

Hehe, well maybe you should revise, just in case you have one lol

We've done Harlow's monkeys too, but not as our main study, and we also looked at Lorenz. But I find Harlow's study way easier to remember than what i'm doing!
17/19 on Child Mock, our teacher couldn't be bothered to give us the whole test...so...
hey guyz hpe ur rvzn is gng fyn
thought il let u knw
the edexcel examiner cme to our skul
hintz learn all methodz... as according to da examiner 24-34 mrkz hve to be on methodz.
knw al AS studies,theories and how they have contributed to society and helped educate society as in synoptic testing more AS.
hpe we al do well
Thank you, but could could write a bit more clearly next time, I really can't read that!
And are you sure, because they're not meant to say anything. They can give feedback on last years exams, but not what you should be doing for upcoming ones
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 72
Thank you, but could could write a bit more clearly next time, I really can't read that!
And are you sure, because they're not meant to say anything. They can give feedback on last years exams, but not what you should be doing for upcoming ones

This is random, but do we have to make a leaflet for the exam for our key issue??? I havent even done it yet :confused:

I hate Edexcel, always getting everything remarked too :mad:
Original post by Failed123
This is random, but do we have to make a leaflet for the exam for our key issue??? I havent even done it yet :confused:

I hate Edexcel, always getting everything remarked too :mad:

It depends on what approaches you do. We only had to make a leaflet for Clinical, you will have to do that one. Ask your teacher
Reply 74
It depends on what approaches you do. We only had to make a leaflet for Clinical, you will have to do that one. Ask your teacher

Is it necessary? I mean it doesn't count towards our grade does it? Do we take it in the exam with us? :redface:

Sorry about the questions!
Reply 75
who here for the love of god has january 2011 m1 paper pleaseeeeeeeeee
Original post by Failed123
Is it necessary? I mean it doesn't count towards our grade does it? Do we take it in the exam with us? :redface:

Sorry about the questions!

No worries. We don't have to take it into the exam, but we do have to answer questions about the making and research of it. So if you can do it, you will save yourself the worry of losing maybe 10-15 marks.

Original post by elitelight
who here for the love of god has january 2011 m1 paper pleaseeeeeeeeee

This is a Psychology thread. And I don't think any 2011 Jan papers are availble to the public yet in any subject
No worries. We don't have to take it into the exam, but we do have to answer questions about the making and research of it. So if you can do it, you will save yourself the worry of losing maybe 10-15 marks.

What secondary data did you include in your leaflet. Mine is on "Is CBT all its cracked up to be?". I was wondering if I could just include any studies that have findings for/against CBT
What secondary data did you include in your leaflet. Mine is on "Is CBT all its cracked up to be?". I was wondering if I could just include any studies that have findings for/against CBT

I just evaluated the treaments like you would as if it were in the exam, just in a simpler manner. I haven't got any examples offhand, but I did AN, and I think I put some example to show RET worked.
I just evaluated the treaments like you would as if it were in the exam, just in a simpler manner. I haven't got any examples offhand, but I did AN, and I think I put some example to show RET worked.

Ooh ok. I guess you could just make it up in the exam. They are never gonna know.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending