The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yoyo462001
Don't get the original Desire. Might as well go for the S. And updates mean nothing when you're rooted and booted!

I'm considering the Desire S at the moment. T-Mobile are currently offering it with 300 minutes, unlimited texts (via the 'flexible booster') and unlimited internet for £25 per month. Quite a shame they're not offering the same deal for the Desire HD.
Original post by Trimeresurus
I'm considering the Desire S at the moment. T-Mobile are currently offering it with 300 minutes, unlimited texts (via the 'flexible booster') and unlimited internet for £25 per month. Quite a shame they're not offering the same deal for the Desire HD.

I got my Desire S for £25 on T-Mob, 600 mins, a lot of texts, 500mb internet via Phones4U. :smile:
Original post by mikeyd85
I got my Desire S for £25 on T-Mob, 600 mins, a lot of texts, 500mb internet via Phones4U. :smile:

I'm quite tempted by the Desire S. I can't say that I'm particularly fond of the aesthetics, though.
Original post by Trimeresurus
I'm quite tempted by the Desire S. I can't say that I'm particularly fond of the aesthetics, though.

:dontknow: Each to their own I guess. I think it's really nice. It feels wonderful to hold too. Also, it makes the Desire look ugly as sin! Still, nowhere near the prettiness of the iP4.

:dontknow: Each to their own I guess. I think it's really nice.

:ditto:

I wasn't too sure from the images that I saw before getting mine, but love it now!
Original post by Illusionary

I wasn't too sure from the images that I saw before getting mine, but love it now!

Agreed. Saying that, I'm yet to find a phone that looks as good in the pictures as it does real life.
Hmm. I'm very tempted. Shall just wait a week or two to see if TopCashBack offer £101 cashback on this month's deals as they did in May.
Original post by Illusionary

You enjoying yours then?

I've finally got my number transferred across so can start using it fully now...

About to fill it up with some music in a min...

Oh and on third part of world 1 of Angry birds already as well... :tongue:

And i have the coolest scientific calculator app on it which is lovely and geeky...
My HTC Desire Z just decided to delete all my texts, for no apparent reason. Checked and I definitely don't have it set to delete when my inbox reaches x number of texts or anything. So sad, I had things I wanted to keep there. :frown:

Edit: Ugh, apparently a recognised Android issue for over 2 YEARS? http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=5669
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by LostInLaw

My HTC Desire Z just decided to delete all my texts, for no apparent reason. Checked and I definitely don't have it set to delete when my inbox reaches x number of texts or anything. So sad, I had things I wanted to keep there. :frown:

Edit: Ugh, apparently a recognised Android issue for over 2 YEARS? http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=5669

Depends no one really knows. Having all your messages deleted has been a problem with nearly all phones across time. It used to happen abnormally more to Desire HD owners so this could have been a sense problem. It happened to me three times earlier in the year, however since I've been running custom roms and thus don't have a HTC sense account, it hasn't happened at all. So I guess take that as you will.

Just make sure you have sms backups. I use two, Sms backup+ and Sms backup and restore, the former will backup all my messages to my gmail account and the latter to a file on my sd card.
Depends no one really knows. Having all your messages deleted has been a problem with nearly all phones across time. It used to happen abnormally more to Desire HD owners so this could have been a sense problem. It happened to me three times earlier in the year, however since I've been running custom roms and thus don't have a HTC sense account, it hasn't happened at all. So I guess take that as you will.

Just make sure you have sms backups. I use two, Sms backup+ and Sms backup and restore, the former will backup all my messages to my gmail account and the latter to a file on my sd card.

What ROM are you running on your DHD? :holmes: I'm having Wi-Fi related battery issues with mine and the developer doesn't seem to want to acknowledge them.

Yeah, I never bothered with a Sense account so it's not to do with that. Such a pest, this is the 2nd time in about 3 1/2 months it's happened. Shall be installing sms backups tonight although from doing some searching, a lot of people seem to have equal trouble getting backups to restore after suffering this problem which isn't particularly reassuring!
Original post by AugustWestie

What ROM are you running on your DHD? :holmes: I'm having Wi-Fi related battery issues with mine and the developer doesn't seem to want to acknowledge them.

Lol my DHD is pretty screwed atm. I have davlik and some other partitions in EX3 and data in EX4 so it's kind of freezing and being unresponsive :tongue:. Once I get time I'm going to put Android Revolution HD back on, I'm using Leedroid atm though. You?

Yeah, I never bothered with a Sense account so it's not to do with that. Such a pest, this is the 2nd time in about 3 1/2 months it's happened. Shall be installing sms backups tonight although from doing some searching, a lot of people seem to have equal trouble getting backups to restore after suffering this problem which isn't particularly reassuring!

That's why I use two backup apps :smile:
Lol my DHD is pretty screwed atm. I have davlik and some other partitions in EX3 and data in EX4 so it's kind of freezing and being unresponsive :tongue:. Once I get time I'm going to put Android Revolution HD back on, I'm using Leedroid atm though. You?

Hah, I'm on Android Revolution HD and was thinking of trying out LeeDroid. :redface: Maybe I'll try one of the less popular ROMs, although I'm a bit scared I might end up in your kind of situation if I go to one that uses EXT3 rather than EXT4... :tongue:

Why on earth don't you have automatic text backup?

Hah, I'm on Android Revolution HD and was thinking of trying out LeeDroid. :redface: Maybe I'll try one of the less popular ROMs, although I'm a bit scared I might end up in your kind of situation if I go to one that uses EXT3 rather than EXT4... :tongue:

I'm happy that we've been able to get some really high overclocks. I'm at 1.8ghz with Lee kernel. Really weird because even at these high clock speeds the governors are so good that my standby drain ranges from 1-4Mah. Means I can easily get through a day and 2 days on light usage. Yeah there does seem to be a lot of new smaller dev based Roms out there now, I should probably check them out but the problem is generally all the Sense roms are offering the same thing, clean, light, fast sense.
I'm happy that we've been able to get some really high overclocks. I'm at 1.8ghz with Lee kernel. Really weird because even at these high clock speeds the governors are so good that my standby drain ranges from 1-4Mah. Means I can easily get through a day and 2 days on light usage. Yeah there does seem to be a lot of new smaller dev based Roms out there now, I should probably check them out but the problem is generally all the Sense roms are offering the same thing, clean, light, fast sense.

I haven't tried any other kernels apart from the one that comes with ARHD which I think is the Buzz 1.2GHz kernel. I don't think I've any need for any higher than that. Before these battery issues I had the same type of drain as you mentioned but now today it dropped 17% in 6 hours with no use at all. I think I probably will give LeeDroid a shot since I've already got EXT4 formatting so I shouldn't have any problems with that. I'm also tempted to flash some of the Sense 3.0 mods too. I particularly like the look of the lockscreen and weather combo.
Reply 5218
anyone know a good keyboard app. The keyboard on my GSII is nowhere near as good as the htc one for suggesting words and doesnt have things like commas as secondary functions (long press)

also anyone know how to refresh the page on the browser or google search when already on a webpage such as bbc for example

on my hro it was easy, scroll up to the top and hit the refresh button or press the search key but the GSII doesnt seem to have these
Reply 5219
Original post by st_23
anyone know a good keyboard app. The keyboard on my GSII is nowhere near as good as the htc one for suggesting words and doesnt have things like commas as secondary functions (long press)

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.touchtype.swiftkey.phone.trial&feature=search_result

Swiftkey is by far the best keyboard in my experience.

Latest

Trending

Trending