The Student Room Group

A2 Edexcel 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lozzyhickers
I'll be honest with you here. It might not help but it's worth a try. I've read so many posts like this about various exams today, and you know what, it's opened my eyes as to how many people are certain they've failed their exams, to be suprised when they've actually passed. I know I don't know about your chemistry knowledge, but you seem like a really smart person, and i'm sure you've done much better than you think. Chemistry is a bloody hard subject from what i've seen and heard. And if I am correct, and the boundaries are low, then you should be fine :smile: Whatever happens, there's nothing more you can do now, except to look ahead and be positive. You will be fine :hugs:

And thank you :smile:

Thanks. Yeah, just gotta forget about it. I pray I did better than I think lol

Moving on to some biology and then psychology I think.

Thanks for cheering me up...
Original post by INeedToRevise
Thanks. Yeah, just gotta forget about it. I pray I did better than I think lol

Moving on to some biology and then psychology I think.

Thanks for cheering me up...

Brilliant. Glad I could help :smile:
Hows everyone feeling about this friday? Predictions about what could come up?
Hmmmm I could be feeling a lot better about it to be honest. My main concern is the minor studies for Daycare and deprivation/privation. I really want to nail them!

I just bloody hope the evidence in practice doesn't come up! But it will :frown:

What about you? And ideas?
Hmmmm I could be feeling a lot better about it to be honest. My main concern is the minor studies for Daycare and deprivation/privation. I really want to nail them!

I just bloody hope the evidence in practice doesn't come up! But it will :frown:

What about you? And ideas?

Nope not a clue tbh. I just hope it goes well. I haven't revised for it properly. Hope everything will come back to me. I'm thinking maybe just recap the key studies and theories and run over content analysis. We should know stuff like SLT off the top of our heads and observations. Hopefully shouldn't be a major issue.
Nope not a clue tbh. I just hope it goes well. I haven't revised for it properly. Hope everything will come back to me. I'm thinking maybe just recap the key studies and theories and run over content analysis. We should know stuff like SLT off the top of our heads and observations. Hopefully shouldn't be a major issue.

I hope it goes well too...arrgghh! I'm so scared!

I haven't revised for it properly either, I haven't been able to! This is not gonna be good...
I hope it goes well too...arrgghh! I'm so scared!

I haven't revised for it properly either, I haven't been able to! This is not gonna be good...

In January, I revised in one day. I was a couple marks off a B. I know thats not good but if that can be done in one day then you have revised loads before and definitely more than one day. I'm sure it will all come back to you in the exam. I think the key to this paper is just to write loads. I think we can deceive them lol, if we write loads it makes them think we know what we are talking about haha :sly:
In January, I revised in one day. I was a couple marks off a B. I know thats not good but if that can be done in one day then you have revised loads before and definitely more than one day. I'm sure it will all come back to you in the exam. I think the key to this paper is just to write loads. I think we can deceive them lol, if we write loads it makes them think we know what we are talking about haha :sly:

Haha, that gives me a bit more confidence :tongue:
Haha, that gives me a bit more confidence :tongue:

:smile:
I won't be on this thread anymore so I wish everyone good luck. I'm getting a temporary ban lol. I've realised TSR just makes me even more sad after these exams, not too mention its a huge distraction.
:smile:
I won't be on this thread anymore so I wish everyone good luck. I'm getting a temporary ban lol. I've realised TSR just makes me even more sad after these exams, not too mention its a huge distraction.

Ok, I understand :biggrin:
Best of luck to you, I shall be thinking of you. Feel free to come back and discuss after the exams!
Reply 190
I've actually learnt EVERYTHING by heart for unit 3..just need to review it once more time to ensure I know it in enough depth to gain the marks as you need more detail at A2 :smile:
Reply 191
Does anybody have any predictions about tomorrow's exam? Particularly the 12 markers? My teacher hasn't really predicted anything and im REALLY behind on revision so just need to condense it down. Not going to have time to revise everything!!! :/
But Loftus and Palmer and Mary Ainsworth haven't been on in the last two exams in detail so they may come up???
Reply 192

Original post by Z116
Does anybody have any predictions about tomorrow's exam? Particularly the 12 markers? My teacher hasn't really predicted anything and im REALLY behind on revision so just need to condense it down. Not going to have time to revise everything!!! :/
But Loftus and Palmer and Mary Ainsworth haven't been on in the last two exams in detail so they may come up???

Apparently Loftus and Palmer is one you should really know thoroughly.
I'm feeling so nervous! I'm so glad that I get special consideration!

I'm pretty good on both of those studies, but i'd rather have Loftus and Palmer I think, as I often much up the steps for the strange situation!

I.am.terrified!
Loftus and Palmer is a laboratory experiment consisting of two procedures, first of which used 45 participants separated into 5 experimental groups of 9, and using independent measures.. :blah: I'm terrified but I'm very confident with the studies, the key issues are a little bit hazy but it won't be a complete disaster if they come up.

x

How are you feeling today? :frown: Let's hope that you feel 100% by Tuesday at least!
Original post by briesandwich
Loftus and Palmer is a laboratory experiment consisting of two procedures, first of which used 45 participants separated into 5 experimental groups of 9, and using independent measures.. :blah: I'm terrified but I'm very confident with the studies, the key issues are a little bit hazy but it won't be a complete disaster if they come up.

How are you feeling today? :frown: Let's hope that you feel 100% by Tuesday at least!

Still fel pretty ill to be honest, but my Media exam went well today :smile: so hopefully i'm on the mend.

My key issues are a bit hazy too. And EIP. Hopefully it'll all come back to me.
Reply 196
Oh man. I haven't even finished learning clinical psychology yet. I went over the syllabus and half the stuff we actually have not been taught for clinical. :/ Like the Brown et al key study! :/ Plus evaluations... our teacher just copied us sheets out of the book, so there is little evidence, and I've looked at the Unit 4 stuff I think Nadima (?) posted. Im never going to remember all the names.
I had a year out of psychology, so if anything from Unit 1 comes up I'm pretty screwed...

Im freaking out a bit. :/
Oh god I can't remember Brown et al either! Cramming this weekend I think!

You're not alone dorkish. I think we're all the same! If any EIP comes up I am SCREWED!
Reply 198
Original post by dorkish
Oh man. I haven't even finished learning clinical psychology yet. I went over the syllabus and half the stuff we actually have not been taught for clinical. :/ Like the Brown et al key study! :/ Plus evaluations... our teacher just copied us sheets out of the book, so there is little evidence, and I've looked at the Unit 4 stuff I think Nadima (?) posted. Im never going to remember all the names.
I had a year out of psychology, so if anything from Unit 1 comes up I'm pretty screwed...

Im freaking out a bit. :/

Don't worry..I don't know myself how to remember all of the names..I'm gunna have to come up with something to remember the studies names over the weekend!
Reply 199
hey does anyone hve an idea of what the 12 marker is going to be ?
any teacher predictions ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending