The Student Room Group

A2 Edexcel 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jazzymine
Looks like its a wake up at 5 to get it all revised. I'm screwed. How is it possible to revise all this =/
If only I could chill afterwards, but no, I have bio, chem and P.E. The joys.

Oh how I feel your pain, after Tuesday have got the Biology exam and then the Friday I have the sports studies exam, oh, and did I mention I havent revised at all for either sports or Biology? Stupid psychology taking up all my time haha, got to admit though, it is interesting....:smile:
Reply 261
im jus sorting myself out with clinical ...alllooooow issues and debates :P ...its soo hard. this is my last exam but i want it to go well otherwise alll i will do is tlk, dream, say and analyse hw BAD it went so i reallly want it to go well ...im learning a study for each explanation/theory and treatment
Well this is going to be a major fail if even the TSR lot are struggling. You guys are always going on about how fantastic you are, now... You're being all "normal" like in real life :frown:

I'm revising the topics that didn't come up before... Watch me not revise Token Economy, and it comes up in some form or another.
Reply 263
Is it necessary to know names / dates of studies? Or as long as you know what the researchers actually did is that acceptable?

And due to other exams Ive basically left it till today to start revising, what are the main topics I should focus on , cos I wont have time to go over everythin in detail?

thankyou :biggrin:
Original post by Limeey
Is it necessary to know names / dates of studies? Or as long as you know what the researchers actually did is that acceptable?

And due to other exams Ive basically left it till today to start revising, what are the main topics I should focus on , cos I wont have time to go over everythin in detail?

thankyou :biggrin:

Well my teacher from last year is one of the chief examiners and she says it's not necessary, especially dates, but it does look good if you can remember a few.

Main topics- All of the debates,contributions, treatments for clinical and the key studies, but of course,there's no telling what could come up! Revising your Clinical EIP might be useful, as the Child and Criminal ones weren't asked about.
Reply 265
Original post by lozzyhickers
Well my teacher from last year is one of the chief examiners and she says it's not necessary, especially dates, but it does look good if you can remember a few.

Main topics- All of the debates,contributions, treatments for clinical and the key studies, but of course,there's no telling what could come up! Revising your Clinical EIP might be useful, as the Child and Criminal ones weren't asked about.

Ty for the swift response. Yeah I can remember main ones in terms of names/dates e.g. rosenhan 1973 but some just wont stick in my mind. What are the key studies to know? EIP = evidence in practice right? So my practical?
Original post by Limeey
Ty for the swift response. Yeah I can remember main ones in terms of names/dates e.g. rosenhan 1973 but some just wont stick in my mind. What are the key studies to know? EIP = evidence in practice right? So my practical?

No problem at all - TSR is my form of procrastination!

Main ones should be fine :smile: i'm not so bad with names, but i'm useless at dates :tongue:.
Main studies depends on what you did really, but like we did Rosenhan, Goldstein, Spitz,Gottesman and Shields,Mumford and Whitehouse and Randrup and Munkvaard

And yes :smile:
Reply 267
No problem at all - TSR is my form of procrastination!

Main ones should be fine :smile: i'm not so bad with names, but i'm useless at dates :tongue:.
Main studies depends on what you did really, but like we did Rosenhan, Goldstein, Spitz,Gottesman and Shields,Mumford and Whitehouse and Randrup and Munkvaard

And yes :smile:

Thankyou, finally, have you heard anything in regards to predictions of whats gona come up? I know its far from guaranteed that because X didnt come up last time it will this time or whatever but its probably something me worth going on, so I can focus on those if I dont have time to go over everything.
Reply 268

they asked about our key issue for child same thing as our practical ...for the 18m last june was on describe psychodynamic explanations... i think the 18m will be on a contribution to society..just guessing/ :P
Original post by Limeey
Thankyou, finally, have you heard anything in regards to predictions of whats gona come up? I know its far from guaranteed that because X didnt come up last time it will this time or whatever but its probably something me worth going on, so I can focus on those if I dont have time to go over everything.

I'm afraid not. It's deff possible that questions about the practical will come up, as they didn't in unit 3, but we can't be too sure.
Original post by iturhs
they asked about our key issue for child same thing as our practical ...for the 18m last june was on describe psychodynamic explanations... i think the 18m will be on a contribution to society..just guessing/ :P

They asked about the key issue, but it's not always exactly the same as the practical, so technically no they asked nothing abut the practical. I'm talking about article sumaries/target audience etc.

We get a choice on 18markers don't we?

Yes we do . thank god! i have revised like none of issues & debates.. hoping I will know more off the top of my head than i think i do :/
trying not to freak out..
Good luck! xx
Reply 271
I'm afraid not. It's deff possible that questions about the practical will come up, as they didn't in unit 3, but we can't be too sure.

They asked about the key issue, but it's not always exactly the same as the practical, so technically no they asked nothing abut the practical. I'm talking about article sumaries/target audience etc.

the leaflet, thats what we made... :s-smilie:. im so screwed for this exam =\
Original post by iturhs

Yup, everyone made a leaflet. I was just making a point re the fact that no EIP questions were asked in Unit 3
Original post by iturhs

The leaflet is easy just blag it! I never made one but i just made it up today made a few notes on what i could say

said i did it on treatments for depression..

all it will ask is about your target audience ect / what was in it so just make it up

im gonna say it was for people who had just been diagnosed with depression. i was really positive as they were depressed so you want to make them feel positive and not use any threatening language..

i said CBT tell them how good it can be for them and they can get it free for the NHS

a leaflet is helpful for them to take away when they have just been diagnosed with depression so they can go over it in their spare time and make an informed decision

made it a clear simple layout so its not too intense and overwhelming for them to read , but enough detail for them to make an informed decision..

easy enough to make up

(i hope this is ok anyway ha !! )

i'm just going to try and stay calm and try and recall stuff cos my biggest problem is not being prepared enough like now, but then pancaking in the exam makes it 100 x worse!!
Reply 274
9pm... and revision ends, otherwise I wont sleep!
Even though I've done upwards of 35 hours revision for this exam, I still feel I don't know enough, or its all just a blur. Im hoping tomorrow I'll be able to pick out the info when I need it! :s-smilie:
Just been on Facebook, and it seems my entire class feels like they are screwed... half of them only started revision today! Eeek....

I guess if everyone finds it difficult then grade boundaries are dropped? My other (good) teacher says that this is the hardest exam... anyone know what the grade boundaries last year were?
Reply 275
Original post by iturhs

Leaflet should be easy to blag. It was just a leaflet explaining symptoms, features, treatments, explanations of unipolar depression for a particular age group.
Plus, the examiner doesnt actually know what your exact leaflet was like, so you are free to make it up. :smile:
Reply 276
Original post by dorkish

Original post by dorkish

I guess if everyone finds it difficult then grade boundaries are dropped? My other (good) teacher says that this is the hardest exam... anyone know what the grade boundaries last year were?

I showed them a while back, 5th page I think. 56/90 for an A*, 51/90 for an A and 46/90 for a B.
Reply 277
Original post by El_Sid
I showed them a while back, 5th page I think. 56/90 for an A*, 51/90 for an A and 46/90 for a B.

I must have missed it. The board grew too fast for me! :P

Wow, those are really low grade boundaries! I feel a bit more confident now! Just over half marks for a B?! WTF did I chose a uni offering 3 B's? Ha.
Reply 278
Original post by El_Sid

are you being serious? 51/90 for an A!?!? that is 56% lol.. that is ridiculously low - are you sure that's right!?
Original post by Mcfilly
are you being serious? 51/90 for an A!?!? that is 56% lol.. that is ridiculously low - are you sure that's right!?

If it is, then i'm not complaining!
It is a very new unit though, so I wouldn't be too surprised.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending