Lots of your fellow Magdalen freshers there. :smile:

Wahey.
Reply 1841
Original post by Philosopher-of-sorts
From the OP--

Magdalen:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=219623924721884

Lots of your fellow Magdalen freshers there. :smile:

More like a lot of first years with a few freshers hiding here and there. But that's always the case.
Reply 1842
Original post by zigzog7
My first choice was wadham, othe interview was st catz

where's your offer from?
2 exams left, one of them unimportant. Just need that final cram session now...
Oh, Pembroke for History + Economics.
Reply 1844
Original post by BeritV
I miss our closed thread already and so I had to make this thread.

Discuss anything at all, just like we did in our previous thread. :smile:

All of you, join here and may this thread be the new favourite tread for all the Oxford lovers :-)

Since it seems that people do want a list, I will produce one (sorted by colleges primarily, then by subjects)
- if there are any mistakes here, let me know, please. Also, if you want to be included in the list and you do not have your college and subject info in your signature, include this info in your post here :-)

Oxford Offer Holders list (courtesy of Nag o ma Scylla):

Spoiler

List of offer holder Facebook groups (courtesy of Cynthialf):

Spoiler

Hey, thank you SO much for doing these lists - huge help and WOW - I bet it took a while? But my course is French and Arabic, not French and Italian - I tried to change it but I don't know if I can do that and save it on to the original? Anyway, thank you again! :smile:
Original post by Lucy23
where's your offer from?

Offer is from Wadham :smile:
Original post by BeritV
Since it seems that people do want a list, I will produce one (sorted by colleges primarily, then by subjects)
- if there are any mistakes here, let me know, please. Also, if you want to be included in the list and you do not have your college and subject info in your signature, include this info in your post here :-)

Sorry, I know I've submitted a group before but this seems to where most of the classicists are: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_145531035517314. Maybe you'd like to replace it with this!
Reply 1847
Original post by Sempiternitas
Sorry, I know I've submitted a group before but this seems to where most of the classicists are: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_145531035517314. Maybe you'd like to replace it with this!

done :wink:
hey ^_^ i've got an offer from Univ for Earth Sciences :smile:
Just a nose through the spreadsheet of subject/college offers. UnheardSounds, where are you? Another Magdalen Historian!
Finished all my exams now! Playing the waiting game. Difficult to say whether I've done enough, really depends on how well History went.
Reply 1851
Original post by SharkTooth194
hey ^_^ i've got an offer from Univ for Earth Sciences :smile:

Congratulations!!! :rofl3:

Have you been sitting on the offer for a while or just had it recently?
Reply 1852
Original post by zigzog7
Offer is from Wadham :smile:

Nice (: psyched for fp2?
Original post by Lucy23
Nice (: psyched for fp2?

Nope lol, I have fp1 and m4 tomorrow, fp2 thurs, chemistry fp3 and m5 on friday, then physics on monday.
Original post by Nag o ma Scylla
I got my reading list for French today and spent the morning ordering everything from Amazon (instead of doing music revision, oops). I thought I could get it all for under £50 but postage was over £30 ... then my mum came home from work and said she'd pay for them all as a birthday present (it's next week). So that was nice!

One of them is a 13th century poem. I am ridiculously excited about this.

To be excited about something like that is so very, very Oxford XD
I got my reading list for French today and spent the morning ordering everything from Amazon (instead of doing music revision, oops). I thought I could get it all for under £50 but postage was over £30 ... then my mum came home from work and said she'd pay for them all as a birthday present (it's next week). So that was nice!

Happy birthday for next week! That is one of the few down-sides to maths & computer science: very few 13th century poems :/
Reply 1856
Original post by LtCommanderData
Happy birthday for next week! That is one of the few down-sides to maths & computer science: very few 13th century poems :/

You can still read 13th century French poetry if you want. (You don't.) :p:
Reply 1857
Original post by zigzog7
Nope lol, I have fp1 and m4 tomorrow, fp2 thurs, chemistry fp3 and m5 on friday, then physics on monday.

Daamn how comes ur doing fp1?? Thats a whole LOAD of maths
I just have fp2 & 3 and phys (did chem in jan)
But my birthday is thurs so rubbish birthday :frown:
And i dont need fp3 so not doing any work for it... Lol
Original post by Lucy23
Daamn how comes ur doing fp1?? Thats a whole LOAD of maths
I just have fp2 & 3 and phys (did chem in jan)
But my birthday is thurs so rubbish birthday :frown:
And i dont need fp3 so not doing any work for it... Lol

doin fp1 cos we did all the maths modules last year and we do all the further maths ones this year.

I LOVE the Chastelaine de Vergy! It is getting me through Paper IV... Just chosen all my options for 2nd year and gone for the Medieval period paper in both languages - awesome!

I hope you didn't bother buying the Lettres Gothiques edition of the CdeV that it said on my reading list.. it's out of print and at least when I was looking the copies were all ridiculously expensive and the Folio edition is fine. (But sorry if you just did!).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending