The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

That is just going to fragment the OS more.
From the video, the UI is completely unsuitable for large displays, even at 1080p. Imagine trying to type on that...
If it shouldn't run gingerbread or 3.x versions, won't that lead to fragmentation?
Guys - i have a HTC Mni HD (not android ) and have looked everywhere for the desktop software but am having no such luck… if anyone can post a link on here where I can download it that would be great.

Original post by G8D
I didn't say it shouldn't run Honeycomb.
Just chances are that Icecream (the Android defrager) will be out long before we see commercial iterations of these screens.

Such a large screen shouldn't run the phone variant of the OS, that's just sense.

Quietly Brilliant.
Love it. :smile: If you want to know anything, just quote me in here. :smile:
Do you really think the tablet version could cover 9" screen and 30+" screens?
Anyone got the samsung galaxy S2? If so would do you make of the OS?
Even better news for you is that AlpharevX Beta 2 supports the Desire S.

I now have root! WOOP WOOP!
Reply 5449
Original post by F_shakeey
Anyone got the samsung galaxy S2? If so would do you make of the OS?

Android? or TouchWiz2.0?

I like Android 2.3.3 which I got on my phone. Still waiting for 2.3.4 to get from O2.
I like it, not as difficult as people like to say.

TOuchWiz2.0. I like it, it's hard to hate it. But it's real solid and I'm very happy.

My basic advice, Blackberries or iPhones for women and really fashiony people. Android for men (Who enjoy messing about and learning about their phones). I spent days just messing about with my phone, settings, the way it worked, make sure its the way I LIKE IT.
Original post by Nalced
Android? or TouchWiz2.0?

I like Android 2.3.3 which I got on my phone. Still waiting for 2.3.4 to get from O2.
I like it, not as difficult as people like to say.

TOuchWiz2.0. I like it, it's hard to hate it. But it's real solid and I'm very happy.

My basic advice, Blackberries or iPhones for women and really fashiony people. Android for men (Who enjoy messing about and learning about their phones). I spent days just messing about with my phone, settings, the way it worked, make sure its the way I LIKE IT.

Great to hear since I'm hoping to get the S2 this week :smile:

Thanks a lot :biggrin:

Blackberries are for teenagers who simply get them for bbm and constantly need to chat to their mates even if their asleep. The phone itself isn't that good but is great for email of course.
I honestly don't see blackberry as bad phone I used had one then now I got HTC desire s, but remember every phone had each different compare other it just matter of choice you make.
(edited 12 years ago)
What do people suggest as a stable ROM for the Hero?

I have Elelinux-7.1.0-RC1-Hero-v2.9 Android 2.3.4 on it at the moment, which is okay, but sometimes it makes all my apps disappear for about 10-20 seconds, and it keeps putting data roaming on. It's not the best ROM out there, but it's okay. Any recommendations though?

Original post by G8D
I may have cooked my HD2.

Wait what happened?
Why do people not just use all the far superior alternatives to BBM?
Original post by Zebrastripes
What do people suggest as a stable ROM for the Hero?

I have Elelinux-7.1.0-RC1-Hero-v2.9 Android 2.3.4 on it at the moment, which is okay, but sometimes it makes all my apps disappear for about 10-20 seconds, and it keeps putting data roaming on. It's not the best ROM out there, but it's okay. Any recommendations though?

http://www.cronosproject.org/

You'll need to register to view the forums and download the ROMs, but Cronos ROMs have been my favourite for a long, long time. Feeyo, the dev, is a machine. :yep:

I'd recommend Cronos Sense Eclair if you want Sense. Cronos Ginger was amazing when I was using it, but it's a vanilla style ROM. :smile:
the first software based S-ON release tool. Basically, it allows you to hack your phone. I'd advise you play with your phone as normal for now... see how you feel about it in a month. If you want to change the way it works then, give me a shout. :smile:
Ohh new market looks cool! Still waiting for gingerbread on my desire z...
:colone:

Latest

Trending

Trending