The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yoyo462001
Do you know if there's any way of getting messages and data from the N900 to an Android phone?>

What kind of data?

text messages i'm currently working on. I think it's something like backup SMS using PC Suite (not Ovi suite), export them as .csv, then dump them onto the Android and import with the sms backup and restore app.
Original post by richwhite
text messages i'm currently working on. I think it's something like backup SMS using PC Suite (not Ovi suite), export them as .csv, then dump them onto the Android and import with the sms backup and restore app.

That sounds like it should work, all you need to know are the formats that PC Suite exports to and the that SMS Backup and Restore uses and then write something to convert from the former to the latter. :smile:
Original post by alex_hk90
That sounds like it should work, all you need to know are the formats that PC Suite exports to and the that SMS Backup and Restore uses and then write something to convert from the former to the latter. :smile:

You export as .csv, Android uses XML but i think it needs to be converted with XSL. But it depends if sms backup and restore can read csv
Original post by richwhite
You export as .csv, Android uses XML but i think it needs to be converted with XSL. But it depends if sms backup and restore can read csv

I know it's CSV, but it still has a format - i.e. "[sender number / name], [received time], [message text]", so unless they happen to coincide you'll still need to do some transformation.
Original post by alex_hk90

You're right, this is how android does it i think

protocol Protocol used by the message, its mostly 0 in case of SMS messages.

address The phone number of the sender/recipient.

date The Java date representation (including millisecond) of the time when the message was sent/received. Check out www.epochconverter.com for information on how to do the conversion from other languages to Java.

type Sent = 2, Received = 1.

subject Subject of the message, its always null in case of SMS messages.

body The content of the message.

toa n/a, default to null.

sc_toa n/a, default to null.

service_center The service center for the received message, null in case of sent messages.

read Read Message = 1, Unread Message = 0.

status None = -1, Complete = 0, Pending = 32, Failed = 64.

readable_date Optional field that has the date in a human readable format.

contact_name Optional field that has the name of the contact.
Hi guys, I have a question regarding wifi connection on the HTC Desire S. Is there any reason why a phone would indicate that it is connected to the router (after I have keyed in the security password & checked to make sure the signal is good) BUT not connect to the internet? I have turned the wireless setting on. It's driving me mad!

Can anyone help?
Original post by booraad
Hi guys, I have a question regarding wifi connection on the HTC Desire S. Is there any reason why a phone would indicate that it is connected to the router (after I have keyed in the security password & checked to make sure the signal is good) BUT not connect to the internet? I have turned the wireless setting on. It's driving me mad!

Can anyone help?

Go to Wireless Settings, hit Menu button then Advanced.

Is "Use static IP" ticked?
What IP address does it give you?
Original post by mikeyd85
Go to Wireless Settings, hit Menu button then Advanced.

Is "Use static IP" ticked?
What IP address does it give you?

It wasn't ticked, so I ticked it now. Internet still not connecting.

IP Address: 192.168.1.64 (different from the IP address that shows when I run a 'what is my ip address etc' on my laptop internet)

....?
Original post by booraad
It wasn't ticked, so I ticked it now. Internet still not connecting.

IP Address: 192.168.1.64 (different from the IP address that shows when I run a 'what is my ip address etc' on my laptop internet)

....?

Lol, it should be unticked.

your IP address should be similar to your laptop, but not identical. Guessing your laptop is 192.168.1.x?

How is it over 3G data - does that work?
Is it just the browser that doesn't work? For example, can you get the market up when connected via wifi?
Lol, it should be unticked.

your IP address should be similar to your laptop, but not identical. Guessing your laptop is 192.168.1.x?

How is it over 3G data - does that work?
Is it just the browser that doesn't work? For example, can you get the market up when connected via wifi?

I have now unticked it.... 3G works, all browsers fail to load when wifi only is connected. What is 'the market'?
Original post by booraad
I have now unticked it.... 3G works, all browsers fail to load when wifi only is connected. What is 'the market'?

You know, where you download apps from - should be on your phone already :smile:
You know, where you download apps from - should be on your phone already :smile:

Can't access internet, so I can't log on using googlemail as prompted before accessing 'the market'.
Original post by booraad
Can't access internet, so I can't log on using googlemail as prompted before accessing 'the market'.

Hmmm... that's odd.

I'm assuming this is very new phone... Could try a factory reset. It's in Settings > SD & Phone storage.

Might just have some buggy settings in it somewhere...
Hmmm... that's odd.

I'm assuming this is very new phone... Could try a factory reset. It's in Settings > SD & Phone storage.

Might just have some buggy settings in it somewhere...

Tis new! Have factory reset it 3 times now for luck... no joy!
Original post by booraad
Tis new! Have factory reset it 3 times now for luck... no joy!

Can you try at another place on another network?
Can you try at another place on another network?

I am going to try this tomorrow... suffering from lazy-bum-itis at present.
Can anyone help me my desire s sometime restarting itself or reboot it?
Having some problems charging my HTC Legend. For some reason I have to put the phone on a angle to charge it. Its not charger because i've tried other chargers. Anyone got any ideas?
Original post by TheCasual

Original post by TheCasual
Anyone got any ideas?

There's something wrong with the charger port on your phone :yes:
Original post by + polarity -
There's something wrong with the charger port on your phone :yes:

I thought that, but wasn't sure. Will it be expensive to repair?

Latest

Trending

Trending