The Student Room Group
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford

university of bradford?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by algon
Hi ust one question, what the people mind with asian people: chinese, japanese, indonesian...... or pakistanian, muslims....

its true that bradford has a high majority of pakistanis, however at bradford UNI you will find a truely diverse community - i have made friends from all corners of the globe (literally) from Nigeria and Kenya, to China, Malaysia and even Israel! also the uni is connected internationally, especially in the Asian continetent (China, Malaysia, India and of course Pakistan) and if your one of the lucky few you will have an opportunity to study abroad with all expenses paid over the summer!!
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford
Reply 101
Original post by I.M
so glad to meet someone whose going to be studying with me. I'm also going to be studying foundation year in clinical sciences in September and i'll be living in trinity halls, see you there next month.

Hey, I.M! It's great to meet someone going for the same course and living in the same place =) Excited?
Best thing about Bradford Uni = cheep accommodation, and food. Close to Leeds Manchester. Good transport. Good nights out by the union. Good weekly nights in the city centre.
I love the fact I have friends from everywhere in the world- went to Holland and Africa this summer to visit people I met at uni!
The lectures are awesome and the library is pretty damn good!
BAD POINTS- its cold in the winter, and its hilly.... so either use the free bus or get ready to walk!
best way to meet students from all over the globe at Bradford is to pick up a language module (£30 for home students) and hang out in the language center c101. - I made friends for life
Reply 104
Original post by UBUWomen's Officer
best way to meet students from all over the globe at Bradford is to pick up a language module (£30 for home students) and hang out in the language center c101. - I made friends for life

We're not all stupid enough to fall for your promotional story.
Reply 106
whats that football tournament on saturday and sunday about?

is it subjects take on each other?
Original post by Oggz
We're not all stupid enough to fall for your promotional story.

is not a promotion - its for those of you interested in meeting new people from differences background - the modules are great way to get involved.

alternatively we also have language exchange groups that you can attend. informal and free meetings where those wishing to learn and practice meet.

For example home students learning Korean meeting Korean students wanting to improve and maintain English skills meeting (Korean is really popular).
Original post by Zakir
whats that football tournament on saturday and sunday about?

is it subjects take on each other?

It's on the 24th and its all the different Halls competing.

hope that helps

:smile:
Reply 109
It's on the 24th and its all the different Halls competing.

hope that helps

thanks...

when you say halls, private and uni owned?

how are teams made etc...

All Halls hopefully - it will depend on how many people want to compete from each set of halls.

Also its not just limited to footy, others sports will be included.

if you join here - you should be able to keep up to date -

http://www.facebook.com/groups/166031370134845/ - UBU Freshers' Fortnight 2011-12

and the union website - http://ubuonline.co.uk/events/
Reply 111

Alternatively (to paying £30), I think you can take an exam...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending