The Student Room Group

Oxford 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dbmag9
So jealous. Start printing the @trinity.ox.ac.uk business cards yet? :p:

Haha there is a nice ring to it...

Original post by brendan.
You got the registration email?! I want one, and to theoretically be able to request stuff from the Bod. :cry2: :grin:

Also, maaaaaaan your result in French is amazing! :crazy:

Thanks! I'm a nutter about French though and I have friends in France that I visit often...which helps immensely :smile:
Did you do French?
Also...your 3A*s and an A is pretty damn amazing :biggrin: And Christ Church...... :P

So tempted to request 'Mr Men: The Complete Collection'......
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3361
Original post by Nag o ma Scylla
Yes, bring it!
(sorry, I'm a bit of a militant cellist :tongue:)

I shall see. I haven't touched it in around two years, so I don't think I qualify for anything approaching militant. And I have a worry that I'll put the cello in my room and find I have no room to stand any more. :p:
Original post by qwertyuiop1993

Thanks! I'm a nutter about French though and I have friends in France that I visit often...which helps immensely :smile:
Did you do French?
Also...your 3A*s and an A is pretty damn amazing :biggrin: And Christ Church...... :P

That's still really amazing though! I wish I had french friends, hah.
I did do French, yeah. I got an A, which I was over the moon with. No way did I think I'd done that well in the exams. :biggrin:
Thanks! Christ Church :love: Is it Trinity you're heading too?

I think you should! :grin:
That's still really amazing though! I wish I had french friends, hah.
I did do French, yeah. I got an A, which I was over the moon with. No way did I think I'd done that well in the exams. :biggrin:
Thanks! Christ Church :love: Is it Trinity you're heading too?

I think you should! :grin:

Yep....lovely Trinity :biggrin:

Have you been inundated with forms yet?

Reminds me of the stories about Hilda's students ordering up Mr Men and similar books in each others' names ... :tongue:
Original post by Festina lente
Reminds me of the stories about Hilda's students ordering up Mr Men and similar books in each others' names ... :tongue:

Haha I am so up for doing that...
Yep....lovely Trinity :biggrin:

Have you been inundated with forms yet?

I've received quite a few, yes. I sent the first lot off today, and now I need to sort out the remaining ones. Who'd have thought there'd be this many forms to fill out before you even get to Oxford!
I've received quite a few, yes. I sent the first lot off today, and now I need to sort out the remaining ones. Who'd have thought there'd be this many forms to fill out before you even get to Oxford!

At least we didn't get a logic assignment in the Welcome pack like Mansfield PPE-ists! :s-smilie:
At least we didn't get a logic assignment in the Welcome pack like Mansfield PPE-ists! :s-smilie:

This is true.. :biggrin:
Reply 3369

Do you know what the logic assignment is? Having some logic to do could be a fun way to procrastinate the maths exercises on the institute website...
Original post by dbmag9
Do you know what the logic assignment is? Having some logic to do could be a fun way to procrastinate the maths exercises on the institute website...

Sorry, I have no idea what the actual assignment entails...my friend was just complaining about it :smile:
Got an email saying that I have to now come to college early to attend a two day pre-session maths course with the other physicists from my college :biggrin:
Original post by Waldhexe
Are you in the Beehive at John's by any chance?

No but I stayed there for my interviews. Im in Keble in Hayward now.
Original post by WeeNinja
That's awesome! Congrats on getting in!

you finished your math booklet yet? And, more importantly, did you get your freshers pack? I'm STILL waiting for mine... :s-smilie: I'm getting pretty worried.
And I feel terribly underprepared because I want to access that bloody biomed weblearn page... Oriel'd better hurry and send me my packet.

ONLY ONE MONTH LEFT EVERYONE!

No I haven't. I've done about 2/3 of it, I'm working through it slowly. haha
Erm... no I haven't got a freshers pack as such but I got an email with my log in information for weblearn, so I have been on that. And I found a freshers booklet online.

Original post by The Anti-Hero
Finally, somebody else that's going to Corpus!

It does seem we are quite few and far between on tsr :P Have you seen the Corpus facebook group, there are quite a lot of people on there and everybody is lovely http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/165851553472283/
Just got my Oxford email =D And with my account I can now request stuff from the Bod.....(theoretically)

Anyone else got theirs?

Made my account today. WAAAHHH! Weblearn is taking its time to recognise me, but I already sent an email to myself from @magd.ox.ac.uk and I'm buzzing.

Reading list... Fffuuu. I've just been on a short holiday in France, only read 100 pages of one of my books, and the French translation is trickling along. Might have to cheat and read the English translation.
Reply 3375
Original post by deFossard
Made my account today. WAAAHHH! Weblearn is taking its time to recognise me, but I already sent an email to myself from @magd.ox.ac.uk and I'm buzzing.

Reading list... Fffuuu. I've just been on a short holiday in France, only read 100 pages of one of my books, and the French translation is trickling along. Might have to cheat and read the English translation.

Ack, so jealous. I want my @merton.ox.ac.uk (incidentally, am I the only person who pronounces that as "dot ox dot ack dot uck"?) address!

Also, only a month to go. I should really start doing those maths exercises.
Original post by dbmag9
Ack, so jealous. I want my @merton.ox.ac.uk (incidentally, am I the only person who pronounces that as "dot ox dot ack dot uck"?) address!

Also, only a month to go. I should really start doing those maths exercises.

I've only just realised how hideously dense most academic history is. Yuck. Why do academics use so many loooooong words?

And I think you may be in a minority for that pronunciation. I go for the long-winded tongue twister of every letter.
I've only just realised how hideously dense most academic history is. Yuck. Why do academics use so many loooooong words?

And I think you may be in a minority for that pronunciation. I go for the long-winded tongue twister of every letter.

It makes them sound cleverer than they actually are, usually.
Original post by micky022
It makes them sound cleverer than they actually are, usually.

oh god, if my first year at uni has taught me anything then it's this.

Nice! It took 24 hours for weblearn to recognise me.

Being incredibly bored, I went on Oxam and did the French Prelims translation paper.

Thankfully it's ok - I was expecting near impossible tasks :redface:

Literature on the other hand....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending