The Student Room Group

Oxford 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3580
Original post by Jeykayem
Not quite the case at Trinity - everyone in first year gets paired by ballot in a JCR meeting in Trinity term, so we don't get a choice of who we marry. Since everyone gets married at the same time, there is always a hen/stag night a few days beforehand! I kind of like our system because it means there is one less thing to worry about organising, and it prevents all couples consisting of two people with very similar personalities. I get on well with my college husband, but at least if someone gets paired with someone they don't like that much, they have no reason to be left kicking themselves and wishing they'd tried to marry someone sooner, since it's just the luck of the draw!

Fair enough, didn't know that.

Original post by LtCommanderData
That's crap :frown:

Do you know when it has to get there? Mine has to be there by Thursday, so you might wanna email or something

Yeah, I think I'll email tomorrow morning if it's still not here and ask if I can do it by email (or at least find somewhere to print the a contract out here and post it).
Original post by jenny18
I can sign in!! I can sign in!! Wooo!! :smile:

I maybe a little over excited/over tired. Sorry.

I got excited doing that today too :colondollar:
Reply 3582
Original post by soutioirsim
I got excited doing that today too :colondollar:

Basically I was excited for the whole weekend once I managed to log in. Aren't we just sad, though? :biggrin:
Original post by BeritV
Basically I was excited for the whole weekend once I managed to log in. Aren't we just sad, though? :biggrin:

Nah, the world would be boring if we didn't get excited about the little things :tongue:
Reply 3584
Nah, the world would be boring if we didn't get excited about the little things :tongue:

The weird thing is that I never get excited about the big things. There's something wrong with me.
Reply 3585
Original post by dbmag9
Fair enough, didn't know that.

Yeah, I think I'll email tomorrow morning if it's still not here and ask if I can do it by email (or at least find somewhere to print the a contract out here and post it).

did you not get a link to an online freshers pack? I didn't get anything by mail, I had to print out everything myself. Am I the only one with a college that requires their students to have a printer?
Original post by BeritV
The weird thing is that I never get excited about the big things.

:teehee:

Spoiler

Reply 3587
Original post by WeeNinja
did you not get a link to an online freshers pack? I didn't get anything by mail, I had to print out everything myself. Am I the only one with a college that requires their students to have a printer?

Yeah, I got all the information stuff online, but the university/college contracts were posted (and not emailed).

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reply 3589
Original post by LtCommanderData

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reply 3590

Spoiler

See this is too big to get me excited :rolleyes:
Original post by BeritV
See this is too big to get me excited :rolleyes:

Oh really? :lol:
Reply 3592
Oh really? :lol:

:colondollar:

Shall we just get back to talking about small things? :P
Original post by BeritV
:colondollar:

Shall we just get back to talking about small things? :P

Yeah that would be best. Otherwise innuendos are going to be flying around for ages :p:

It took alot of will-power not to do one then...
Reply 3594
Yeah that would be best. Otherwise innuendos are going to be flying around for ages :p:

It took alot of will-power not to do one then...

I know I know, it's just that I'm such a little innocent girl, you know. :innocent:
I have been emailled work to do.
Can you ****ing believe it?!
So I don't even get a Freshers Week, I don't even get a Freshers 2 and a half days, I get preFreshers assignments.

This is crap. :frown:
Original post by Fang_RedDragon
So I don't even get a Freshers Week, I don't even get a Freshers 2 and a half days, I get preFreshers assignments.

What course and college? That sucks :frown:
Original post by Fang_RedDragon

I've had a set of math worksheets to do for almost a month now. That said, my progress is quite slow.
Reply 3598
Original post by rohitronaldo
I've had a set of math worksheets to do for almost a month now. That said, my progress is quite slow.
Oh snap! Glad I'm not the only one procrastinating :biggrin:
Original post by gasmask
Oh snap! Glad I'm not the only one procrastinating :biggrin:

Trust me you're not! I've taken to tempting myself into doing work "10 more pages of X or 10 more minutes of housework and you can have a cookie, mmmmmmm cookies . . ."

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending