The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2020
Original post by Truered
It features Keiji Fujiwara voicing a main character, so I'm more then ready to give it a go :awesome:

Oh yes, the voice cast has changed for this remake. I'm kind of curious to see whether their performances are noticeably different to the original adaptation, so I might watch the first episode for that alone.

Edit: I've caught the first episode of Sengoku Paradise Kiwami. So much was happening, it was hard to catch everything while I was watching this on my iPhone. Given the short running time, like Busou Shinki Moon Angel, I'll keep this on since it obviously doesn't take much time to watch.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2021
up to ep 11 of one outs the match with bugaboos(:lolwut: thats a team name is it) and this has been confusing me for a while but why is the guy with the commentator sat there drunk and passing out? :lolwut:
Reply 2022
Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon was not what I was expecting and honestly it's difficult to pass judgement from this opening episode alone because not a lot really happened. Given the obvious budget behind this series, from the detailed and flashy animation to the slew of famous seiyuu, I'm definitely willing to keep this one on weekly for the time being.
Reply 2023
Just saw the first episode for Kimi to Boku. It's not so bad, but nothing special at the moment. It seems very light-hearted with a couple of funny scenes. I just can't keep thinking that it's got quite a yaoi setting: group of teenage boys, one who's a little soft, twins, an "adult-like" teacher. Might just be me, but hey. :P
The animation is a little strange for my liking; almost everyone looks the same.
This actually reminds me a little bit of Honey and Clover mixed with Hourou Musuko, but with a more 4-koma feel. :s-smilie:

All in all though, I think I'll stick with this up to a couple of episodes just to see how it progress.
Reply 2024
Watched redline at animoo, was great :teeth: and yes I could run it fine(aimed at a certain someone).:hmmm:
Reply 2025
:fluffy: Ended up watching the first episode of Moon angel. Looks like it might be a cross between hoihoi-san and Angelic layer (only without a tournament arc)...or at least hoihoi san with a bit more story :teehee:
seasick fist and those mushrooms in naruto :facepalm2:

got back to watching Amagami SS, the president arc was by far the best one so far :h: was the only arc which kept me interested throughout and watched it one go, would have liked it to be longer :frown: also a bit disappointed that

Spoiler

but apart from that was an awesome arc :yep: wished the others were like this :frown: now 2 eps to go, they gona squeeze in another arc now? :lolwut:
Reply 2027

Aw ****.

Dat animation budget.
Original post by eugenius 8
seasick fist and those mushrooms in naruto :facepalm2:

Gotta admit, those fillers are really getting annoying :angry:

In other news it seems the Bleach gotei invading army arc filler is finally finished which means the brand new Fullbring arc is coming! I read the manga from that point until now so I can't wait to watch it :dance:
Reply 2029
Just noticed theres a UK dub version of arriety :shock:

Im assuming the deep voiced trailer man isnt in the film.:erm: I wonder if theres a version of this to download.:beard:.. Im assuming not because theres not been a dvd release here.:s-smilie:
Reply 2030
Original post by vin

Im assuming the deep voiced trailer man isnt in the film.:erm: I wonder if theres a version of this to download.:beard:.. Im assuming not because theres not been a dvd release here.:s-smilie:

If anything, they'd only be a crude camera version. :sadnod:
Reply 2031
Ao no Exorcist was enjoyable enough but didn't deliver in the way I was hoping when I first picked it up. Based upon what I've read in Jump Square, the manga's popularity is substantiated, so I'm inclined to think that if this adaptation was produced in a year or so time, A-1 may have had more leg room that would have addressed some of the pacing issues and the noticeable difference in quality (in terms of scriptwriting, primarily) from the first and second cours.
Original post by vin

ooh theyre showing that in the theatre at my uni, might go watch it :smile:
Reply 2033
Finally finished Gundam seed. Started watching it back in 2010 :mmm:

The last ten episodes were an improvement, as there was a drop off in laser guided angst. Only a speech a two away from descending into nukes=bad sledgehammer in the last five episodes, but it managed to have it's fair share of cool moments in the last battle, even if it didn't really achieve much...
Reply 2034
When I read that Manglobe were to produce an adaptation of an eroge, I was somewhat surprised in account of what they've produced before. Moreover, while it's clear from the outset that they've stuck to the same tried and tested formula that has made the eroge romance genre so popular, the animation was consistent and attractive (as I'd expect from the studio), and the premise, while highly generic, was enjoyable enough to watch. So, yeah, I'm planning to keep this one on.
Reply 2035
Phi Brain was absolutely hilarious. I couldn't help but laugh at how everything panned out so quickly with little explanation as to how or why. The main character is fairly likeable, albeit generic, and the supporting female more so. The whole idea of puzzle solving seemed very reminiscent of the Legend of Zelda series, especially when the main character was roaming around in the dungeon-esque environment, not to mention obtaining a new power in said place. I'm not 100% sure whether I'll be following this one weekly, though. I'll give it a few more episodes before deciding.
Reply 2036
I could only vaguely remember the second season of Shakugan no Shana and the OVAs obviously didn't help that much to refresh my memory... Nonetheless, it seems that the third season will be more of the same from the first two. I think it's very much a guarantee that I'll be following this one weekly, as intended, but there's a small chance that I'll decide to marathon it once it's finished airing if the other anime airing this season proves to pique my interest more.
Reply 2037
For those curious, while I was skulking around in one of the many stores in Akiba, I randomly decided to film with my iPhone (admittedly with Vin-kin in mind):

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2038
Original post by Aiko
For those curious, while I was skulking around in the many stores in Akiba, I randomly decided to film with my iPhone (admittedly with Vin-kin in mind):

:proud:

that place is big... ..yes this is what im typing to stop it being a spammy post.:ninja:
Reply 2039
Original post by vin
:proud:

that place is big... ..yes this is what im typing to stop it being a spammy post.:ninja:

I was planning to show this to you on the day I recorded it but completely forgot. It's been sitting on my phone until today and the only reason I remembered is because I'm planning to sell the phone and wanted to back up anything of note before I wipe it. :tongue:

Latest