The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by biffyclyro27
what deal did you get?

Posted above:

Original post by silent ninja
Surprised nobody posted it yet. The SGS2 for effectively £20/month 900 mins 5000 texts 1gb internet (or £3 extra for truly unlimited) or 500 mins for £17, 24 months on 3 network.
I think it's an awesome deal and close to SIM only deals, kinda like getting the phone free.

I'm not sure whether Affordable Mobiles have the stock to cope, but head over to HUKD for th link.

I got the £20/month one and Quidco has tracked at £60. Woohoo. LINK White or Black available (I like white but it doesn't suit the SGS2 or iPhone 4 for that matter).
(edited 12 years ago)
Anyone had a play about with the Samsung Galaxy 5.0 Wifi? That little Mp3/tablet device?
I got the £20/month one and Quidco has tracked at £60. Woohoo. LINK White or Black available (I like white but it doesn't suit the SGS2 or iPhone 4 for that matter).

I might have to jump on that deal! But I upgraded with 3 around 2 months ago on a £6/month sim only deal for 12 months. I might have to cancel that and then port over my number to the new sim.
Anyone want to help me out? I've asked on XDA but no response.

I've got a HP Touchpad running CM7.1 so Gingerbread 2.3.7 anyway, it's wifi only and I'm away over christmas with no internet (boooo hiss), I've got unlimited internet on my phone but it can't be a wifi hotspot, BUT it can be a bluetooth modem, anyone know of a way to make android use a bluetooth modem for it's connection (google only tells how to use as and not with a blutooth modem). Would massively help me out. Thanks.
Original post by itsmyname
I might have to jump on that deal! But I upgraded with 3 around 2 months ago on a £6/month sim only deal for 12 months. I might have to cancel that and then port over my number to the new sim.

You might want to speak to them first. They may not let you cancel and/or might charge you the full remaining fees.

My SGS has just arrived! :biggrin: That's two people in my household who've had good dealings with Affordable Mobiles. Besides the stock issue, I don't see why they are getting negative rep (I am really not fussed about waiting 1 week or even 2). I ordered 9 Dec and it's arrived today.
(edited 12 years ago)
You might want to speak to them first. They may not let you cancel and/or might charge you the full remaining fees.

My SGS has just arrived! :biggrin: That's two people in my household who've had good dealings with Affordable Mobiles. Besides the stock issue, I don't see why they are getting negative rep (I am really not fussed about waiting 1 week or even 2). I ordered 9 Dec and it's arrived today.

I think I'll have to pay the remaining months, so thats £60. Not too bad. Were you already on a contract with 3 and did you cancel?
I think I'll have to pay the remaining months, so thats £60. Not too bad. Were you already on a contract with 3 and did you cancel?

I'm with 3 on SIM only monthly, so only a '30 day contract.' I'll be cancelling it as soon as I've put the new SIM in and tested the phone.

Edit: looks like this deal has expired. Now £121 up front.
(edited 12 years ago)
Expired :frown:

Anyone know what the Xperia Play is like?

£25 casemate is probably the casemate tough? That case is bulky. I want to retain as much of the SGS2 slim and sleek look as possible.
There are a few SGP ones I like but they all have issues and SGP quality is hardly worth writing home about.

Do you get any echo with a solid case (ie the person you are calling hears an echo)? This is another issue where some people are saying a case interferes with second mic.

Yeah, I think it is but I can't help you as I have the casemate silicon. Looking around you could see if you can get like a sticker skin or something? I like my case being a bit thick, the phone feels too slim and feels like it will slip out of my hands
Okay i'm due a upgrade from tomorrow. Looks like i'm going for the Galaxy 2.
Unless anyone else has any better suggestions?
Original post by wizard710
Yeah, I think it is but I can't help you as I have the casemate silicon. Looking around you could see if you can get like a sticker skin or something? I like my case being a bit thick, the phone feels too slim and feels like it will slip out of my hands

I've ordered the Zenus Air Jacket Monochrome. Probably won't offer a great deal of protection compared to a softcase but I do like the look.

For you GS2 users, this case is pretty good:
http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/phone-accessories/smartphone-accessories/samsung-galaxy-s-2-accessories/buy/CASE-GALS2-BARELY-BLA

Original post by theronkinator
Anyone want to help me out? I've asked on XDA but no response.

I've got a HP Touchpad running CM7.1 so Gingerbread 2.3.7 anyway, it's wifi only and I'm away over christmas with no internet (boooo hiss), I've got unlimited internet on my phone but it can't be a wifi hotspot, BUT it can be a bluetooth modem, anyone know of a way to make android use a bluetooth modem for it's connection (google only tells how to use as and not with a blutooth modem). Would massively help me out. Thanks.

Anyone?

Why not just Wifi tether it? Plenty of apps that let you do it on the market.
Reply 6533
Original post by mikeyd85

Because his other phone probably doesn't have wifi
Original post by mcp2
Because his other phone probably doesn't have wifi

:sad:

I'm hoping he's got an Android phone just with Wifi tethering removed...
Original post by mikeyd85

Because like I said, my phone can't do wifi tethering, otherwise I'd use that? :tongue:

It can't only share the internet via usb or bluetooth. The phone does have wifi (Sony Ericsson Elm), but it can't be a hotspot and it can only run crappy java apps, so none to do it.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by theronkinator
Because like I said, my phone can't do wifi tethering, otherwise I'd use that? :tongue:

It can't only share the internet via usb or bluetooth. The phone does have wifi (Sony Ericsson Elm), but it can't be a hotspot and it can only run crappy java apps, so none to do it.

See, I was hoping that you just had an Android phone that had had tethering disabled by the phone company... That can be worked with. With the SE Elm though, I'm not so sure...
So, who's been playing with Iris?
Any good rebuttals yet?

"Do you hate the iPhone" was responded with "I don't hold grudges".
I even have it singing me a song in that android voice of hers!

Then, the predictable: "What is your favourite food?" comes "Ice Cream Sandwich!"

I can never get bored with this....
I'm with 3 on SIM only monthly, so only a '30 day contract.' I'll be cancelling it as soon as I've put the new SIM in and tested the phone.

Edit: looks like this deal has expired. Now £121 up front.

Deal back on.

Did you have any problems with the company setting up a DD and taking out money for insurance or something?
Deal back on.

Did you have any problems with the company setting up a DD and taking out money for insurance or something?

Not that I can see. I rang fonecare and canceled the agreement immediately the phone arrived.

Latest

Trending

Trending