The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by itsmyname
How are you finding the bottom 3 buttons (Back, home, options)? They feel a bit weak and not sturdy, I'm scared I might break them, since they're the most used buttons.

Same thing happened with my ipod touch, one day ended up damaging the little home button

Not had a problem with them at all, or even crossed my mind that they might break! I've been braving it without a case too, living on the edge.
Original post by Hello oh
Not had a problem with them at all, or even crossed my mind that they might break! I've been braving it without a case too, living on the edge.

they feel a bit flimsy don't you think, just not solid enough.

The button's only have one point of connection (in the middle of the buttons) and when you press either side of any of those 3 buttons, you see the other side lifting up, because the central point acts as a pivot.

Don't know if that made sense

And you are brave, I've ordered a case but hasn't been delivered yet, so I take my old phone out and about until the case comes in
Guess what's come :biggrin: I'm so happy and it's so nice. I'm awful at writing reviews as it starts off detailed and just goes downhill so it's probably best to ask me questions
Android marketplace has been updated. Looks pretty good, sort of windows phone 7 esque. You can now buy books and movies too
Reply 6624
Original post by biffyclyro27
Android marketplace has been updated. Looks pretty good, sort of windows phone 7 esque. You can now buy books and movies too

Does it happen automatically? Or do you need to do it yourself?
I have a galaxy s2, and Ive deleted some apps that I previously downloaded, but rather than moving everything along, there are gaps where the apps used to be, any new apps I download just get put on the end. I've tried turning the phone on and off, and I can't manually move them. Is there anyway to get them to fill the gaps?
Original post by Kaylaleigh
I have a galaxy s2, and Ive deleted some apps that I previously downloaded, but rather than moving everything along, there are gaps where the apps used to be, any new apps I download just get put on the end. I've tried turning the phone on and off, and I can't manually move them. Is there anyway to get them to fill the gaps?

Press the Menu button, then Edit, then long press an app and drag it across the page (hold your finger at the side or tilt the phone sideways) to fill the gaps.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by johnnn
Does it happen automatically? Or do you need to do it yourself?

Automatically.
Why do some well known applications require the ability to make calls for me to be able to download it, for example CoPilot which is a GPS programme?

Some permissions put me off downloading apps. Don't want you calling premium rate numbers thank you very much
My Transformer Prime should be arriving tomorrow. It has cleared customs in UK.. Super excited.. Nice to have a powerful device running Stock Android with genuinely useful OS additions by ASUS...

Time to get ripping some blu-rays. Those train journeys will never be the same again
Subscribing. :ninja:

Original post by G8D
Prime is getting official bootloader unlock. :creep:

ICS starting rollout on the 12th :jiggy:

Sorry, an update has bricked my device so I'm waiting for the battery to die then I can hopefully reset it (well that's what people on XDA have been saying) when it's working again and I have a bit of time in between revision then I'll have a try :smile:
Is it a good idea to buy a branded screen protector, or will the one that came with my phone (supplied in the box by Sony Ericsson) do?

Is it a good idea to buy a branded screen protector, or will the one that came with my phone (supplied in the box by Sony Ericsson) do?

You can try the one in your phone and see how it goes, if it's meant to be it will stay on :wink:

I've been using protectors from eBay for as long as I remember (which isn't that long :tongue:) and they've worked really well so far. You can get a few for about a quid =)
Has anyone got the Xperia Arc S??

My Sensation broke about 12 hours ago (see here -.-) and if my warranty doesn't cover it for some stupid reason I'm considering getting the Arc S as it's £25 less and apparently the battery life is better than the Sensation :confused:

If anyone has any experience with both phones, let me know what you think/which you would recommend please..thanks!
(I've had the Sensation for almost 3 months and I like it but the battery is a bit ****. I need good battery life! :smile:)
Original post by Vixen47
You can try the one in your phone and see how it goes, if it's meant to be it will stay on :wink:

I've been using protectors from eBay for as long as I remember (which isn't that long :tongue:) and they've worked really well so far. You can get a few for about a quid =)

So ****ty screen protectors can't cause any damage to the screen at all? Even the adhesive? I know I might be being a bit paranoid but better safe than sorry

Original post by Vixen47
Has anyone got the Xperia Arc S??

My Sensation broke about 12 hours ago (see here -.-) and if my warranty doesn't cover it for some stupid reason I'm considering getting the Arc S as it's £25 less and apparently the battery life is better than the Sensation :confused:

If anyone has any experience with both phones, let me know what you think/which you would recommend please..thanks!
(I've had the Sensation for almost 3 months and I like it but the battery is a bit ****. I need good battery life! :smile:)

I have the Arc S, bought it a week ago. Battery life is so-so, lasts about a day, maybe 2 at a push. Apparently, it was worse before the update (i think its on 2.3 now) but I got it on the latest firmware straight out of the box. It is quite fast for a single core, saying that I've only installed a few apps/games on it, haven't put it under much stress.

Hope you get it fixed though, rather that than having to spend more money on another phone
So ****ty screen protectors can't cause any damage to the screen at all? Even the adhesive? I know I might be being a bit paranoid but better safe than sorry
...Adhesive can't damage glass. :s-smilie:

I've been using cheap screen protectors on my HTC Desire and haven't had any issues. :dontknow:
Original post by G8D
****, I hope it gets sorted.

Tablet successfully unbricked and it is charging now as I ran it down to 0%. When I get a chance tomorrow in between revision sessions I see what I can answer but I can already tell you I don't have the keyboard dock so can't comment on that.
Intredastingly, the stock browser often doesn't work on my CM7.1. It is responsive, but just doesnt load pages sometimes.

Using Opera for now, it's nice and smooth, but I love the stock browsers' instant start up. Anywhere I can get the .apk for it to reinstall it?

edit: How do you uninstall the stock browser? :/
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending