The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

The UEA Question Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jelly1000

Cheers for that, not that I need it now I hope. It's just hard to picture everything in your head. Oh and I thought I'd been on TSR for a long time lol- just seen your join date.

Haha I know :emo: Although you have a similar number of posts to me, despite joining 2 years later :p:
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
Haha I know :emo: Although you have a similar number of posts to me, despite joining 2 years later :p:

I literally spent half my gap year on here when I'd finished my exams and didn't have anything else to do :tongue:
Reply 202
Errrm I can't remember what buses stop there - the 30 definitely doesn't. They all stop at the bus stop by the main car park, so as long as you know your way to the med school from there, you'll be fine :smile:

I'd probably allow an hour tbh. It doesn't take that long, but like you said, you want to make sure you're not late! Good luck!

I'm not a medic, but I have been past the bus stop your talking about on the way to class a number of times- it is very near the med school and its the 25 and 35 buses which stop there.

The bus stop is on your right as you go out of the station. And the bus stop you want to get off at on campus is the last one I believe.

The 30 is a new express bus service which only operates in the morning and evening peaks, and only ever one way- from the rail station to the university between half 7 and half 9ish and back from the university to the station between half 3 and 6 oclock. This only stops at the main bus stop near the car park.

Journey time is approximatley 20 mins when its not the rush hour, around half an hour when it is, with buses usually every 10 mins or less- but I'd allow more time so you aren't in a rush.

Good luck with the interview.

Thank you both for your help! :smile: Just to confirm, is it the 25/35 buses which stop on chancellors drive (buildings 43 and 11) on this map: http://www.uea.ac.uk/about/gettinghere/campusmap

or do the buses both stop at the main visitor's car park (P1 on the map)?? :smile:
Reply 203
Sorry for all the questions, but would anyone happen to know how much a taxi fare to the uni from the train station would be approx? :smile:
Original post by JClay
Sorry for all the questions, but would anyone happen to know how much a taxi fare to the uni from the train station would be approx? :smile:

Either £6.5 or £7 - I can never remember. And that's if you ring for one. Don't just get in one of the black cabs outside the station or it'll cost you a lot more.
Original post by JClay

To add to what CoolH5000 has said, someone I know was quoted £10 for one of the black cabs (that sit outside the station), so if you want a taxi your best bet is to phone.

To add to what CoolH5000 has said, someone I know was quoted £10 for one of the black cabs (that sit outside the station), so if you want a taxi your best bet is to phone.

Plus it's totally not safe to get into an unbooked taxi :noway: :p:

Original post by JClay
Thank you both for your help! :smile: Just to confirm, is it the 25/35 buses which stop on chancellors drive (buildings 43 and 11) on this map: http://www.uea.ac.uk/about/gettinghere/campusmap

or do the buses both stop at the main visitor's car park (P1 on the map)?? :smile:

They stop at all of those stops AFAIK :smile:
Plus it's totally not safe to get into an unbooked taxi :noway: :p:

They stop at all of those stops AFAIK :smile:

I always thought the black cabs outside the station were legit, but then maybe thats just cos the black cabs in London are

I always thought the black cabs outside the station were legit, but then maybe thats just cos the black cabs in London are

I have no idea if they are or not tbh :p:
Reply 209
Original post by coolh5000
Either £6.5 or £7 - I can never remember. And that's if you ring for one. Don't just get in one of the black cabs outside the station or it'll cost you a lot more.

I wouldnt mind paying £6.50-£7 if it got me to my interview on time!! Haha thanks! Could you provide me with any taxi firm names/phone numbers?? I'm coming from over 200miles away so I wouldn't know any GOOD reliable firms myself :tongue:
Original post by JClay
I wouldnt mind paying £6.50-£7 if it got me to my interview on time!! Haha thanks! Could you provide me with any taxi firm names/phone numbers?? I'm coming from over 200miles away so I wouldn't know any GOOD reliable firms myself :tongue:

ABC - 01603 666 333
5star 01603 455 555
Courtesy - 01603 446644

I've used all three in past, I think, and not had any problems. If you let them know what time your train gets in, they'll be there to pick you up.

As far as I know, there's nothing wrong with getting in a black cab - they're just expensive.
Reply 211
Original post by coolh5000
ABC - 01603 666 333
5star 01603 455 555
Courtesy - 01603 446644

I've used all three in past, I think, and not had any problems. If you let them know what time your train gets in, they'll be there to pick you up.

As far as I know, there's nothing wrong with getting in a black cab - they're just expensive.

Putting those numbers into my phone now :smile: In your opinion, which would be the cheapest firm to go with? :tongue: Just that I'm paying over £100 in train tickets to get there so am a bit low on funds!
Original post by JClay
Putting those numbers into my phone now :smile: In your opinion, which would be the cheapest firm to go with? :tongue: Just that I'm paying over £100 in train tickets to get there so am a bit low on funds!

Best to call each of them and ask for a quote.
I've been with Courtesy recently and it cost £7 to go from the village-station. Guess it's the same on campus. Saying that last time I went the guy gave me a tour of Norwich before we even got near to the station, instead of just going down Earlham Road. Just hope you don't get him, although he was lovely and we had a chat about climate change.

oo forgot the reason I came here. Checked my timetable this semester and (Thursdays should die 9-12 2-7 and i still have my 5-6 lecture on a friday and I'm stuck in the drama studio again ew...I love the hub) just wondering whether the rooms in CD annex are actually nice? Plus if you know exactly where 0.03 is in it, I'll love you forever :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by makingamemory

oo forgot the reason I came here. Checked my timetable this semester and (Thursdays should die 9-12 2-7 and i still have my 5-6 lecture on a friday and I'm stuck in the drama studio again ew...I love the hub) just wondering whether the rooms in CD annex are actually nice? Plus if you know exactly where 0.03 is in it, I'll love you forever :smile:

They start off really cold and then get really warm if you have the heaters on all seminar as I discovered today :p: But they're not too bad tbh. I think I prefer that to the drama studio - at least in the CDA you get some form of desk :p: I don't know exactly where it is, but if you walk in the door and turn left it will be in one of those rooms :smile:
Reply 214
They start off really cold and then get really warm if you have the heaters on all seminar as I discovered today :p: But they're not too bad tbh. I think I prefer that to the drama studio - at least in the CDA you get some form of desk :p: I don't know exactly where it is, but if you walk in the door and turn left it will be in one of those rooms :smile:

Baby boo, could i just ask a question about the medicine interview as I have mine tomorrow. Is it just 7 'osce' stations with 7 different interviewers asking different questions, or will there be different scenarios, such as make notes from a video, ethical questions etc? :smile:
Original post by JClay

Original post by JClay
Baby boo, could i just ask a question about the medicine interview as I have mine tomorrow. Is it just 7 'osce' stations with 7 different interviewers asking different questions, or will there be different scenarios, such as make notes from a video, ethical questions etc? :smile:

The first one. Although the questions may be based on a scenario that you read outside the station and can be ethical although this isn't guaranteed.

There won't be any videos though :no:

Good luck! :h:
Best to call each of them and ask for a quote.
I've been with Courtesy recently and it cost £7 to go from the village-station. Guess it's the same on campus. Saying that last time I went the guy gave me a tour of Norwich before we even got near to the station, instead of just going down Earlham Road. Just hope you don't get him, although he was lovely and we had a chat about climate change.

CD annex basically looks like a giant prefab school- on the inside and outside- its mostly classrooms complete with notice boards and white boards. I believe 0.03 is on the ground floor (the one you enter into) but there are big sheets of paper pinned up which should point you in the right direction straight in front of you as you come in.
CD annex basically looks like a giant prefab school- on the inside and outside- its mostly classrooms complete with notice boards and white boards. I believe 0.03 is on the ground floor (the one you enter into) but there are big sheets of paper pinned up which should point you in the right direction straight in front of you as you come in.

thanks guys! :smile: haha well the interior matches its outer appearance I guess. Don't mind the cold, will help to keep me awake at 9am (maths!)
Does anyone know the code for the bicycle shed in the village? Got a bike for Christmas! :biggrin:
Original post by diamonddust
Does anyone know the code for the bicycle shed in the village? Got a bike for Christmas! :biggrin:

Sorry (Can't even ride a bike!):colondollar: if i remember correctly you can go to security and ask for it?

must do essay. must stop procrastinating. kjdakdsadada

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending