Original post by Nick Longjohnson
Ouchies. Thanks bro.

Look at the nails on the bro in the video O_o

I did the same thing! Look so feminine
Not impressive specs, but good lord the Toshiba Excite is gorgeous:

Spoiler

Now, when will we see Win8 slates that look like this :colone:
Original post by TheCasual
What launchers do you people us? I'm using Touchwiz on Galaxy 2. I'm tempted to have go with the others

CM7 Ring Lock modified:

Go Launcher themed to ICS:
I have a problem with my HTC desire after I installed MIUI_Au yesterday.

Problem is whenever I charge the phone with socket charger the phone is not being charged AT ALL and the led light is green.

When I switched off the phone and charge with socket charger it gets charged properly with orange led and the led turns green when it is fully 100% charged.

Then i tried charging with computer, the phone gets charged properly in running mode BUT the led is green colour all the time.

I have tried battery wipe reset as MIUI_Au website suggests but i see no change :frown:

Any idea what is wrong with my phone??
Original post by G8D
Yeah.. Well I'm actually running ICS :pierre:

shame I don't have working A2SD yet though :emo:

ICS is still in pre-alpha for mine :cry2:
What's the difference between D2EXT X-Part and A2SD??

i just don't get it:frown:
So the general consensus is that rooting but not unlocking the bootloader doesn't cause the warranty to become void? I've asked this on XDA forums but with so many users from so many different countries I just want to make sure by asking you guys
Original post by G8D
I'm pretty sure if a manufacturer can detect you've rooted they won't honour it.

How about if it's rooted, a few apps get deleted and then unrooted again?

Original post by G8D
I honestly don't know how a company would go about checking if your phone was rooted or not so I really have no idea.

I just know that if they can tell the phone has been modified at all they will not honour the warranty.

Not necessarily, send my DHD away for a repaid and it was h-off, and this is probably the easiest way to tell if something is messed with, you go to boot loader and it says h-off rather than h-on. Also had CWM recovery installed, and they sent me a replacement no problems.
Original post by rorydaredking
Not necessarily, send my DHD away for a repaid and it was h-off, and this is probably the easiest way to tell if something is messed with, you go to boot loader and it says h-off rather than h-on. Also had CWM recovery installed, and they sent me a replacement no problems.

Newbie language please :colondollar:

Just out of curiosity, did you send it off for a hardware or a software fault?
Original post by itsmyname

Newbie language please :colondollar:

Just out of curiosity, did you send it off for a hardware or a software fault?

repaid should have been repair haha

Sorry, just realised its s-off and s-on rather than h. Its basically if the boot loader is unlocked. At first it was the only way to flash a custom recovery, before they worked out unlocking the radio (the cellular part of the phone).

CWM is a custom recovery that allows you to flash unsigned images and loads of other stuff. The normal recovery only lets you flash the images downloaded from the manufacturer website.

It was sent away for a broken digitiser, but they didn't fix it, just replaced it.
Sorry, not really been on TSR for any long stretch for the past week with revision
Original post by G8D
Tell us how it's better :puppyeyes:

It just overall just feels snappier although over honeycomb there aren't many noticeable UI improvements. One downsite though is on Honeycomb FF had a nice big tablet UI but now it has reverted to it's mobile UI which is really small and ugly.

Stock ICS browser is nice and the chrome bookmark syncing is very nice. Plus there is the added benefit that if you visit a google site with stock browser, it will lift your credentials from android and log you in straight away which is neat.

Original post by silent ninja
Got Netflix US rocking on my phone. Awesome! :smile: Glad I got the SGS2 now, I can just about watch something on the puney screen.

I'm going to get the trial in a few weeks when my exams are over

I did think that 7" tablets were the sweetspot in terms of size but 10.1 is actually a good size and isn't massive

Original post by TheCasual
What launchers do you people us? I'm using Touchwiz on Galaxy 2. I'm tempted to have go with the others

Go Launcher EX. Means I can have a grid of 5 x 4 which on my GSII it makes really good use of the screen real estate

Original post by cazzy-joe
Which browser would you guys recommend me to use??

Dolphin HD on GB on my phone and Stock on ICS
Recommend me a good video player? One that can play most formats, but is light on battery?
Hey got a new app called positive thinking and love it :tongue:
Recommend me a good video player? One that can play most formats, but is light on battery?

MX Video Player.

Probably not light on battery, but it'll play anything you like.
Does anyone have the HTC Incredible S? Or used it before? How was/is it in general??
My two previous phones were the Desire and Sensation. I really need a new phone and can't fork out the money for a Sensation (which is what I had before). I paid £365 for it in October and it broke 2 weeks ago :rant: So I want anything close to it but still cheapish (I can get the Incredible for £220ish second hand)

I'm also considering the Xperia Arc S? Any advice??

Really, the only things I'm looking for are a pretty good battery life and and the phone to run on/have the official update for Gingerbread. My Sensation lasted about 6-7 hours with pretty heavy usage, so anything better than this is what I really need :innocent:
I read a review yesterday which said the Incredible lasts 10-12 hours with moderate-heavy usage, so I'm hoping that that's not an exaggeration!

EDIT: Forget the Xperia, I'm leaning toward the Incredible coz of the battery life. Any objections? Advice? Anything?
(edited 12 years ago)
Haha yeah I need to log onto XDA too.

Someone recommend me a good Music player app? The default player on my arc s does the job, but functionality wise it's a bit annoying.
Haha yeah I need to log onto XDA too.

Someone recommend me a good Music player app? The default player on my arc s does the job, but functionality wise it's a bit annoying.
PowerAMP.
Original post by whyumadtho
PowerAMP.

+1

I've been using it since it was in beta on my Hero running Android 1.6. It's still by far the best out there.

Latest

Trending

Trending