The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by whyumadtho
PowerAMP.

Original post by mikeyd85
+1

I've been using it since it was in beta on my Hero running Android 1.6. It's still by far the best out there.

Is it very ram/battery hungry?
Original post by itsmyname
Is it very ram/battery hungry?

Nope.

It can be - depends how many after effects you want to put on your music. :smile: EQ + DolbyHD + Tone Controls tend to hammer battery a bit but you'd never need all of them. :smile:
Reply 6722
Original post by G8D
I'm all for anti-SOPA but XDA can **** right off :angry:

Contradicting yourself a little bit? I think it's fantastic. Although I am having reddit withdrawal symptoms :frown:
Reply 6723
Hi,

I have a HTC desire S and my phone just updated to HTC sense 3.0. I like most of the features apart from the homescreen animations when scrolling left or right.

Looked everywhere, but cant find a way of removing it to have normal sliding, instead of the '3D' animation.

Thanks in advance.
Original post by eliteDNA
Hi,

I have a HTC desire S and my phone just updated to HTC sense 3.0. I like most of the features apart from the homescreen animations when scrolling left or right.

Looked everywhere, but cant find a way of removing it to have normal sliding, instead of the '3D' animation.

Thanks in advance.

IIRC, there's nothing that can be done about that. Rosie just ain't that configurable.

Hi,

Thanks in advance.

Settings->display->change those settings? I have turn 3d off on mine
Anyone got a Xoom or Touchpad, or even a playbook? Considering getting one and wondered if they're actually any good
Original post by rorydaredking
Anyone got a Xoom or Touchpad, or even a playbook? Considering getting one and wondered if they're actually any good

I got a Touchpad, also got it set up to dual boot either Web OS or Android. It is good as a portable media device but since I got my SGS2 I use it less and less (this phone is faster in general). I paid £85 for mine, I certainly wouldn't pay anything more than £200 for a tablet. They're too limited and functionality overlaps too much with a phone. I get online streams (such as iPlayer, Netflix) on my TVs anyway so there's little point in me having a tablet. I would not read a book on one either. Browsing the web is nicer on a bigger screen than my phone, but my phone is always in my pocket. You can't do anything productive on a tablet either.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by silent ninja

Original post by silent ninja
I got a Touchpad, also got it set up to dual boot either Web OS or Android. It is good as a portable media device but since I got my SGS2 I use it less and less (this phone is faster in general). I paid £85 for mine, I certainly wouldn't pay anything more than £200 for a tablet. They're too limited and functionality overlaps too much with a phone. I get online streams (such as iPlayer, Netflix) on my TVs anyway so there's little point in me having a tablet. I would not read a book on one either. Browsing the web is nicer on a bigger screen than my phone, but my phone is always in my pocket. You can't do anything productive on a tablet either.

Yeah, I'm just crap with money haha, loan came, and whats coming in could be anything from a tablet to a graphics card to a mac pro case to some ski boots haha
Look what I just got on my touchpad! BOOM ICS on my none android tab before 95% of native android devices, how'd you like those apples.

It looks really nice. :yep:
Original post by theronkinator
Look what I just got on my touchpad! BOOM ICS on my none android tab before 95% of native android devices, how'd you like those apples.

:lol: Version: alpha0-fullofbugs
Reply 6732
Original post by rorydaredking

My Dad got a Xoom for christmas and it's pretty much replaced his laptop.
Original post by mikeyd85
:lol: Version: alpha0-fullofbugs

To be fair, they've had full of bugs in the name of gingerbread alpha 1, 2, 3 and 3.5 and they were all totally stable and I used them daily for 3 months. Just been cautious.
Original post by theronkinator
To be fair, they've had full of bugs in the name of gingerbread alpha 1, 2, 3 and 3.5 and they were all totally stable and I used them daily for 3 months. Just been cautious.

Oooh, I know how it is. I just find it funny. The ICS build I'm running is riddled too tbh! :lol:
Does anyone use the Desire S?? If so, how long does the battery last for you and how much do you use it??
Original post by Vixen47
Does anyone use the Desire S?? If so, how long does the battery last for you and how much do you use it??

Yes, about a day, a lot.
Has anyones Facebook changed on the app? Mines gone all strange, but says the last update was 15th December
Reply 6738
Original post by TheCasual
Has anyones Facebook changed on the app? Mines gone all strange, but says the last update was 15th December

Describe "changed"
Original post by estel
Describe "changed"

In the top right hand corner it has the pull down menu, with the different new feed options. Mine at loads last night, but for some reason it only has two and they are 'highlighted stories first' and Recent stories first'. Also comments and statuses seem to have disappered.

Latest

Trending

Trending